Achievement Discussion

The_Iceman2288

I'm so happy they did Multiplayer OR Single player achievements. I'm not a huge multiplayer player (my internet is so terrible where I live) and even though I will give this MP a try, it is mass effect after all, its nice to know that I can still have my 1000 without having to ruin mine and others gaming experience because of my crappy internet and its lag-o-licousness.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks really good (especially options for Multi/Single player achievements). Just kinda let down by "kill x enemies" - so uninspiring. It's also weird in some ways: ME2 had Warp X Barriers, Overload X Shields and Burn X Armours - ME3 only has the Overload Shields achievement.

Also something to think about:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1747/UFD7whqx.jpg

Master and Commander (50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png) - Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.

Isn't "Galaxy at War" the multiplayer mode? If so you may need to play it for this one single achievement (at least to some extant). I could be wrong (and having all others having options suggests there will be other avenues to get this one), just putting it out there.

Edited by TheSletchman

Looks really good (especially options for Multi/Single player achievements). Just kinda let down by "kill x enemies" - so uninspiring. It's also weird in some ways: ME2 had Warp X Barriers, Overload X Shields and Burn X Armours - ME3 only has the Overload Shields achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1747/UFD7whqx.jpg

Master and Commander (50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png) - Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.

Isn't "Galaxy at War" the multiplayer mode? If so you may need to play it for this one single achievement (at least to some extant). I could be wrong (and having all others having options suggests there will be other avenues to get this one), just putting it out there.

Galaxy at war is the multiplayer mode but bioware had stated that you didn't need it to receive all the help for the final battle, so i just assumed that you could go through the game doing things to provide the same assets

Galaxy at war is the multiplayer mode but bioware had stated that you didn't need it to receive all the help for the final battle, so i just assumed that you could go through the game doing things to provide the same assets

Hopefully there is an alternate route* to the achievement. Like how you have (in ME1 / ME2) N7 Assignments, Citadel Assignments, and so on - there might be "Galaxy at War" Assignments you can do instead / as well as multiplayer.

*I personally don't mind, I'm going to play this in multiplayer, too. I just would love for this to start a new trend in games - to many games have forced multiplayer achievements and this is a fantastic step in the right direction.

now those are the best multiplayer achievements ive ever seen... do something in multi or something more in single player

I totally agree. So that's settled for me a my brother and just one Online Pass. It's a neat 1000 for both without the need to waste 800 MSP. :drunk

About the Master and Commander, I think N7 missions work towards getting war assests for Galaxy at war since Tour of Duty says "Finish all multiplayer maps or all N7 missions in single-player".

If I'm right you should get war assest doing multiplayer missions, and since N7 missions are the single player equivalent they too should count toward it. We'll learn it soon enough.

Edited by Katarn84

Nope. The "Galaxy At War" assets are the same assets you can obtain in singleplayer. It's the "Galactic Readiness" scale, meter, whatever that fills up from doing stuff. The more that meter is filled, the more assets you bring to the battlefield.

Does that help you?

Nope. The "Galaxy At War" assets are the same assets you can obtain in singleplayer. It's the "Galactic Readiness" scale, meter, whatever that fills up from doing stuff. The more that meter is filled, the more assets you bring to the battlefield.

From what I understand -

What ending you receive is determined by the forumla: War assets (a cumulative number that rises dependant on what you accumulate and who you recruit in game/multiplayer are then multiplied by your 'Galactic readiness' level (dont really know what this is all about yet, maybe just story progress and side mission completion). Once that has been done the game arrives at a numerical total for your ending. There will be brackets I guess from the best ending, to the second best, and sliding all the way down to failure.

Each war asset has a number value attached to it (1 random guy you meet who joins the cause = 1 war asset, a fleet = 9,000 war assets etc)

All speculation at this point, but I have this from a semi-trusted source.

TLDR - War assets X Galactic readiness = Total (x).

(x) determines ending.

Edited by Rivercurse

This is exactly how all achievements should be constructed.

Gaming Industry take note, you've just witnessed history being made.

The first Triple A title with a multi-optional well balanced achievement list.

QFT. I came here to same something along the same lines, but you have said it all. Bioware wins.

Got to say I was slightly taken aback to find out this game would have multiplayer at all but I'm loving the fact I don't have to go online to 100% this! What an amazing turn of events.

For me a game like this is single player only. I spent so much time playing the last two that to add in multiplayer cheevos would be stupid.

Really can't wait til release day! :woop:

If the Rachni Queen doesn't come to my assistance I will be very disappointed.

She won't be coming to my aid. I killed her in my main Shepard so I kinda screwed myself there. But I saved here in my second Shepard. So it will be intresting to see what the difference is between saving her and killing her.

This is a terrific list. I love that you don't have to play multiplayer to get those achievements, as they have single player requirements, too.

Can't wait to play this game, but I am not sure how much multiplayer I will be doing. I will certainly play some, but I am not always that great at multiplayer, especially third person.

Also, I believe we will start with whatever level our imported Shepard ended ME2 with, getting us to level 60 in one playthrough.

But, for me, Insanity will be a second playthrough for me. Never did get that one on ME2 :( .

Plus, best of all, no Kinect achievements!!

It'll be interesting to see if the counter for the achievements to use various abilities count in the multiplayer version. If so, you could just use an engineer or biotic character there and not worry about it in the main story if you're partial to Soldiers, like I am. Also, the 5,000 kills one probably includes kills while in the multi-player...