Fallout NV On-Demand on Sale; DO NOT BUY!

GodLike499

I was on the verge of buying Fallout New Vegas in the on-line sale today (it's $10), but then looked at the DLC that was available and its price. For the game and all DLC, it would cost:

$10 = The Game

$10 = Dead Money

$10 = Lonesome Road

$10 = Honest Hearts

$10 = Old World Blues

$ 4 = Gun Runners Arsenal

======

$54 total

I checked the internet if there was a compilation, and there was. The Ultimate Edition has all DLC listed above, and on Amazon, it was only $30.

If you're wanting the game, and can wait a couple of days, I'd buy the Ultimate Edition off the internet!

I got a great condition Ultimate Edition off eBay for $25, so that's the route I'd go if you can find it for less than $30. Just make sure to play the regular game first before installing DLCs (I would only install one at a time), because they are known to be a factor of causing the game to lock up. Good luck and enjoy!

Agreed, Borderlands was £8.99 yesterday. I got the GOTY recently for £10.

I know right! I got Borderlands GOTY for like $10 or $15 brand new back in Nov. I simply refuse to pay a lot for games I know will have crazy expensive DLC that I want. I still havent picked up Skyrim. I'm expecting its GOTY variant around the holidays this year meaning it will be sometime next year before I buy it. But I'm a patient man. Staying a year or two behind the big games makes gaming so much cheaper.

I know right! I got Borderlands GOTY for like $10 or $15 brand new back in Nov. I simply refuse to pay a lot for games I know will have crazy expensive DLC that I want. I still havent picked up Skyrim. I'm expecting its GOTY variant around the holidays this year meaning it will be sometime next year before I buy it. But I'm a patient man. Staying a year or two behind the big games makes gaming so much cheaper.

It really does. I'll go through stages where I'm playing a lot of current titles (2011+2012), then I'll drop back and scoop games from a the past few years for cheap (this year seems to be following that trend). I try to buy new from my favorite developers/franchises, but it's just not possible to buy everything new for me. I'm pretty good about keeping my "spoiler blinders" on until I get to playing stuff haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you guys are mainly focused on price here,

but I wanted to know if anyone can answer the

following question that's been driving me crazy:

• If I buy the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (on disk, which includes all the DLC) to replace the original, will my game-saves from the previous version of the game still work?

I have the original Xbox 360 Fallout: New Vegas game (on disk), and I'm about 140 hrs or so into the game... give or take. I can't believe that this question has never occurred to me before now, but here I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Cheers :drunk

Edited by Splinter4

I know you guys are mainly focused on price here,

but I wanted to know if anyone can answer the

following question that's been driving me crazy:

• If I buy the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (on disk, which includes all the DLC) to replace the original, will my game-saves from the previous version of the game still work?

I have the original Xbox 360 Fallout: New Vegas game (on disk), and I'm about 140 hrs or so into the game... give or take. I can't believe that this question has never occurred to me before now, but here I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Cheers :drunk

Yes, the save files should work. It should be no different than Fallout 3.

If you're not worried about losing karma (reference intentional), you could buy the basic edition for $10, then go to GameStop and buy the Ultimate Edition, load the DLC onto your Xbox, then return it based on their "seven days, no questions asked policy". Me, I've only used this return policy on TRULY horrible games (scratched games, games my GF's kid hated, etc), but I bought the Ultimate Edition used, loaded the DLC, sold it back (at a loss), but bought the original from a friend from $5.

• 5 weeks later...
I was on the verge of buying Fallout New Vegas in the on-line sale today (it's $10), but then looked at the DLC that was available and its price. For the game and all DLC, it would cost:

$10 = The Game

$10 = Dead Money

$10 = Lonesome Road

$10 = Honest Hearts

$10 = Old World Blues

$ 4 = Gun Runners Arsenal

======

$54 total

I checked the internet if there was a compilation, and there was. The Ultimate Edition has all DLC listed above, and on Amazon, it was only $30.

If you're wanting the game, and can wait a couple of days, I'd buy the Ultimate Edition off the internet!

So 1 piece of DLC is the same price as the full game? Madness.