This is stupid!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close quarters you dont need to aim{fire from hip}, medium range you only need to aim at target so you lose your Peripheral. Longer or holding down a spot or camp you need to zoom.

It's just the style and it's not for everyone. Just have to adapt to the game.

Just stick it out a little longer.

Standard aim is firing from the hip, LT aims from the shoulder, Right Stick uses Iron Sights. Its in different stages of accuracy, it doesn't make the most sense but it works well when you see the difference between your sight and the shoulder aim.

Hammerburst in Gears 3 works the exact same way, in this case it works far better from what I've seen.

please dont get it wrong i enjoy it i think the customization is cool and up above poster yeah it will take a lot of getting use too, for me having to aim with right thumb stick is a little bit rough because u have to have quick reaction time, Hip firing accuracy is really bad when u hold down the left trigger, I was holding the left trigger down and shooting going wtf why is this guy not dying and my aiming going all over the place then i figured out u have to press down on the right thumb stick but still in my opinion poor design choice, I find it would be alot better to make the left trigger aim and zoom and for the sniper just press the right thumb stick to zoom further

That's what happens when you spend all your time in a CoD or BF game (no hate here, I enjoy me some BF and CoD4). The next Tom Clancy comes out and you think running around a map like a chicken with its head cut off is a good strategy, you know, since it works in both of those games fairly well. Want to be decent? Slow down and think.

I loved Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 and 2 but only played a very little bit of the Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter games and the one thing I felt about all of them is there were way too many actions assigned to each button. They felt much better suited for mouse and keyboard play. Every button on the XBOX controller has like 4 functions. Big learning curve here especially if you come from the school of Call of Duty and Battlefield, both technically and more so tactically.

I gotta hold the left trigger to aim then press down on the thumb stick to look through my red dot really!?!?

Want to play a shitty fps, go play Call of Duty. Ghost Recon isn't first person so what do you want to happen when you pull the left trigger in a 3rd person tactical shooter? If it snapped into first person every time you pulled the left trigger that would be hideous.

Want to play a shitty fps, go play Call of Duty. Ghost Recon isn't first person so what do you want to happen when you pull the left trigger in a 3rd person tactical shooter? If it snapped into first person every time you pulled the left trigger that would be hideous.

Some people don't understand what 'Third Person Shooter' dictates unfortunately.

@Gackt listen you aint gotta be a prick a bout it Gears of war 3 is third person and has a better Aiming and targeting system, Why make a the left trigger hip fire when you can just do that without pressing the damn button makes no sense thats all Im trying to point out, I didnt say the games sucks just said the controls are stupid, Why would you make someone hip fire by pressing a button gears of war 3 hip fire no button press just shoot left trigger pull zoom and shoot and I believe it was press right thumb stick to zoom further with the sniper...

hell even the 50 cent game had a good control set up

Edited by TheThreeStooges