Dear me, Dark Souls is converting me to PvP...

stuhp

For all my life, I've always been for PvE. Didn't despise PvP, per se, but I certainly preferred co-op over competitive multiplayer. Now Dark Souls is looking to turn all that upside down on me. Of all games.

And I think I like it :p

Yep. Co-op in my opinion is just too boring. Nothing like invading some poor schmuck and ruining his fucking progress :D I personally try not to backstab, because that is just too easy. Unless they're turtling behind a Havel Greatshield... then I either backstab them or throw poop and Lloyd's talismans until they die, yes I know. I'm just that evil... hehehe

Baiting hosts into deathtraps is also exhilarating. Especially if you use the "Chameleon" spell, hide as a vase near one of the switches that turn the bridge in the Catacombs.

About a ~week or so ago, I had a pleasure of invading a host with 2 phantoms. Hid as much as I could. Took potshots at them with my Composite Bow, and realized that I have the Chameleon with me, so I decided to be a bit more naughty than usual :D Ran near the spot where Patches is standing, since I know that place like the back of my hand, I got there faster than the host did while running through the skellies and necromancers. Disguised myself as a vase and waited for about ~3mins. The host came with his buddies, switched the bridge. As soon as I saw them reach the bridge, I turned the switch and let all 3 of them tumble to their deaths :D

Also, PvP'ing in the forest against gank squads in 2v1 or 3v1 situations can really improve your combat skills. Wish I had a HD recorder, would upload some of my adventures on Youtube.

Sounds like good stuff :D

Unfortunately, I'm not one for being a Darkwraith, so my choices are limited to the red sign soapstone for some 'honorable' black/red phantom PvP'ing. Granted, I could always be a Forest Hunter, Blade of the Darkmoon, or a Dragonoid, but the most luck I had was being a Forest Hunter for consistent PvP. And that's dealing with gankers :p Still, could be good experience as you say.

My question is is that Battle of Stoicism even populated on the Xbox? I currently have the Lordvessel on me, so all I'd have to do is fight Artorias for a third time. But if the waiting times are hella long...?

Depends on the level range. 200+ should be populated, but it's a tough ground since you can get matched up against level 700+ players. I'd say level your character to 200, and go there. 101-200 players are a plenty in this game. Try fighting in the arena during the weekend. More players = more fighting.

For me the arena is lackluster. Lacks some sort of reward for winning. Being a Darkwraith, and knowing that you CAN and must fuck up somebody else's progress is reward enough. Not to mention a hefty amount of souls and overall humanity farming. It's been a while since I had less than 99 in my corner :D lol

Depends on the level range. 200+ should be populated, but it's a tough ground since you can get matched up against level 700+ players. I'd say level your character to 200, and go there. 101-200 players are a plenty in this game. Try fighting in the arena during the weekend. More players = more fighting.

For me the arena is lackluster. Lacks some sort of reward for winning. Being a Darkwraith, and knowing that you CAN and must fuck up somebody else's progress is reward enough. Not to mention a hefty amount of souls and overall humanity farming. It's been a while since I had less than 99 in my corner :D lol

lol nice. Well I'll keep that in mind - both Darkwraiths and the Stoicism. I'm SL120 and intend to stay at that level.

Seems both ask me to do some crap stuff. Either fight the Four Kings again, or fight Artorias again ... not sure I want to do either for a third time :D

Meet Kriugeris, our resident expert Griefer. I also enjoy PvP but from the opposite perspective. I thrive on guarding my host Phantom from invaders, or outwitting the more creative opponents out there. It's all part of what makes Dark Souls so uniquely dynamic to play.

Emergent gameplay, the players make the game.

Yeah, PvP has been tougher than expected, especially with this build. Wasted quite a bit of resources on what feel like the wrong items in the long run.

BUT, mistakes are learned, and I think I may be onto a winner here, even with this 'jack of all trades' build. Just need to regather materials one way or another. Hopefully without venturing into NG+++ (accursed Four Kings ...)

I like invading as a Blade of the Darkmoon. It is good fun having an honorable duel but it is also just as fun using cheap tactics to mess with the person im invading. The way I see it, if I invade you as a spirit of vengeance then you are a dirty sinner and I can kill you however I want.

Ended up fighting this glitcher or whoever with infinite health in the Darkroot Gardens. This guy was getting triple teamed and kept killing everybody. Funny enough, he was cool with me using humanity, so I kept using him as a punching bag for different strategies until I got disconnected :D

And, just now, I had the most beautiful game of 2v2 with the Red Sign Soapstone. Not only did I manage to kill a griefer Darkwraith, but I got both the host and her sunbro. Wonderful way to end the night :D

Edited by stuhp