How To Boost "Demolition Man" & "Et Tu, Brute?"

"Demolition Man" is quite easily the most difficult achievement in the game. However; it's also somewhat easy to boost if you know what you're doing. (This room selection method ALSO works for "Et Tu, Brute", and you can boost that at the same time if you need it) Here's the process:

I advise doing this with only one or two other people, and not many. It's best to rotate who is dying, and who is demolishing after every single house. That way if you are unfortunate enough to have a partner that ditches you after their achievement unlocks, you will still have gained a lot of ground.

1.) Join up in a party chat with whoever you are boosting with. You'll be doing a lot of communicating.

2.) Join into a match of "Squad Deathmatch" on either Arica Harbor, or White Pass by yourself. and have your partner do the same. Those two maps have the most abundant amount of buildings by far in the SDM playlist.

3.) Once you or your partner(s) finds a game where your squad is full (4/4 players), invite the person(s) you are boosting with to the game as long as their is enough room in the server for them to be invited (16 is the max number for SDM, so 4 full squads of 4 is a full server). They will automatically be placed into the enemy teams after joining.

4.) Have everyone select the ASSAULT CLASS, and wield shotguns. This will cause the Assault to equip C4 by default. By doing this you'll be able to resupply your C4, and not have to continuously suicide/die. Also have your boost partner(s) wield pistols, that will make it slightly easier to tell who is friendly and who is not. Furthermore if you constantly are jumping you'll know who NOT to shoot, and vise versa. If you have upgraded explosives ammo and/or damage, select it in your spec because it will make this a hell of a lot easier.

5.) Find a smaller sized building (until you run out of them), and have your boost partner(s) navigate their way there. The best way to navigate is to press :start: and simply say where you are. I suggest doing buildings in the corners, so you can say "Bottom left corner, small orange house", and then work your way out from that waypoint.

6.) In order to drop the building you will have to drop all of the bottom floor walls. Place C4 on all of the interior walls, because it will do more damage when it detonates. Some buildings are unique and you have to do mild damage to the upper floors, as well as taking out all of the bottom floors. Those are few and far between but just be prepared for them.

7.) Make sure your boost partner is near enough to run into the building before it collapses, but far enough away so that the initial blast won't kill either of you.

8.) If the building doesn't collapse and you're out of ammo, have you and your boost partner(s) hide somewhere far out of view until you can replenish your C4 to full with a supply crate.

9.) Repeat above steps until you are no longer able to collapse the building on your boost partner without getting the "You committed suicide" message. After you get that it means you need to go to another room/map, because you won't be able to collapse anymore buildings on them. This should happen after 4 or 5.

I boosted this with a buddy and we both got it in no time. By far the hardest part of this is finding the right building, and getting the boost partner there safely. I can't even begin to tell you howmany times one of us would be there with the building prepared to collapse, and then one or both of us die to a random lame ass sniper, our partners squadmate spawning on them, etc.

Best of luck with your "Demolition Man" and "Et Tu, Brute?" boosting!

****Please don't add me to boost these achievements, as I no longer have the game!****

Edited by F8L Fool

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a good idea, I'll try it out sometime. Thanks for sharing, man.

Heh no problem =).

I know the completionists out there want this crap out of the way, and not everyone wants to spend forever and a day doing it legit.

It's actually pretty exciting boosting it and you have to be efficient, on your toes, and hasty. I did it all in text chat on the PS3, so you can only imagine how agonizing that was lol. Private or Party Chat with this game makes it infinitely easier.

If you're fast this trophy could be boosted for 2 people in about 3-4 hours (roughly 2 hours per person). If both people doing it have the explosives upgrades you'll find that dropping houses will take half as long.

I was thinking about this the other night, and easy ways to get Et Tu, Brute. Do you think it would be possible to just send a FR to the people who you've already knifed? And when 5 accept, the cheevy will pop?

I haven't tested it or anything, but wondering if anyone else might have?

Doesnt work that way the achievement is not retroactive. They must be on ur friends list before you stab them.

If you drop the building on four players every time and take turns; roughly about 15 minutes per person involved. Make it 20 since you have to change maps etc etc.

The thing with that is that you're looking at the ideal, not the logical. Ideally you would walk into a room that had 7 people in it, and you would be the 8th. Then you would be able to get all 7 of your friends in before another two people came in.

Then not only that, but that you'd be able to actually to A.) Get the right people in the house, B.) Get the right PERSON to drop the house, C.) Not have people just bail out of boredom, or immediately after they got the achievement, and D.) Not get any kills stolen by people in the match that catch on with what you're doing.

It's best to keep the boosting group small (2 or 3 people), otherwise you run into those kind of giant issues that I listed. If you have 7 other friends that are dedicated and reliable, then by all means, go for it. But to think of trying this with 7 strangers and expecting them all to stick around is just wishful thinking.

I forgot to add that you'd run out of houses very, very, very quickly with 8 people and would have to do much more map swapping.

Roughly how long does it take to boost Demolition Man with 8 people?

doesnt take long aslong as you run a tight ship, NO Excessive killing so the match ends, most people dont have their personal act together to boost this, damage the buidling as a team (light demo) final few blow by person getting that demo kills

doesnt take long aslong as you run a tight ship, NO Excessive killing so the match ends, most people dont have their personal act together to boost this, damage the buidling as a team (light demo) final few blow by person getting that demo kills

If you do too much damage to the building that you're going to be killed by it can count as a suicide. There's a ton of ways that it can end up counting as a suicide and not a kill. Such as:

1.) Doing too much damage to a building that collapses on you or a friendly target.

2.) Using the kit of an enemy to blow up the building with and collapse it on them.

3.) Dying while on the top floor of some buildings will cause you to fall to your death, and trigger as a suicide, not a Demolition 2.0

4.) If you kill someone too many times in one mach via Demolition 2.0

Trust me I found all of this shit out the hard way while honing the method.

I am somewhat confused on your method. You said for everyone to pick the assault class, but hat class does not have C4, how does that work out? Or do you want the person getting the achievement to be Recon?

Heh I also said "and wield shotguns", which forces the Assault class to use C4 =). Any shotgun will do but I prefer the Saiga by far.

Does anyone know if a team kill by way of [Demolition 2.0] counts towards achievement? I collapsed a building with an enemy and an (unknown to be there) teammate inside and both deaths were shown as 2.0 kills - though I of course lost 15 points for a team kill.

That would put my total counter at 2 so far.

I got demolition man last night and basically the best way I found is use C4 + extra explosives perk and play Rush. When you're defending plant C4 around the base of one of the objective houses, and as soon as the other team sets a charge on that objective knock the building down. You'll get -10 for destroying the objective but you should get at least 1 kill if not 4. Port Valdez and White Pass I believe are 2 of the good/easy ones where you can get destruction 2.0 kills right off the bat on defense.

I got demolition man last night and basically the best way I found is use C4 + extra explosives perk and play Rush. When you're defending plant C4 around the base of one of the objective houses, and as soon as the other team sets a charge on that objective knock the building down. You'll get -10 for destroying the objective but you should get at least 1 kill if not 4. Port Valdez and White Pass I believe are 2 of the good/easy ones where you can get destruction 2.0 kills right off the bat on defense.

i dont know about others, but i tend to kill too many team mates via this or someone blows up the building to a point my C4 goes off and i just get the -10

easiest way to do is with two people. play squad deatchmatch and quick match the desert map and make sure ur friend joins ur sessions if he is on the other team then u can boost it like that. there are four 1 story buildings and you should knock off atleast 2 sides of the wall and make sure who ever isnt going for the achievement to go on the top of the roof near a staircase and the guy that is going for the achievement use ur c4/granade launcher or rpg to blow up the other two sides.