Treasure Room Glitch!!! (not patched yet)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys but the latest update from August 29, 2013 makes this glitch "sort of" impossible:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirateís Booty

(Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue allowing the treasure room to be re-entered multiple times after defeating the Leviathan.

Source:

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information

Although I found this video soon after the update:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCZcRXzYWs]Borderlands 2 Treasure Room Patched Method - YouTube[/ame]

Credits and thanks to Masterkizz

OLDVERSION - Pre-Update, only OFFLINE:

There you have it guys, simply as in the video. Just tried it by myself and it still works, on any mode Normal/TVHM/UVHM:

Happy looting!

:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHwlCCd7eMA]Glitch Back Into The Chamber of The Lost Treasure - Borderlands 2 (Pirate's Booty DLC) - YouTube[/ame]

Credits to Scorch48202 / Imapuncha / tigersrule

Oh btw there are also a challenges tied to this:

Lost Lost Treasure - Find the super-secret area inside the Lost Treasure room.

Pirate Booty - Open Pirate Chests

Gun Runner - Pick up or purchase weapons.

The Call of Booty - Open treasure chests.

Open Pandora's Boxes - Open lootable chests.

Another Man's Treasure - Loot or purchase white items

It's Not Easy Looting Green - Loot or purchase green items

I Like My Treasure Rare - Loot or purchase blue items

Purple Reign - Loot or purchase purple items

Nothing Rhymes with Orange - Loot or purchase orange items

Also since you are not on a current mission tied to this and in free-roam it won't corrupt your save-file, so don't worry!

In order to get back (leaving the room) simply press :start:, then Save & Quit. ;)

Best Orange / Pearlescent weapons/mods (all LV50-LV61) I've looted so far from the skull-chests (+ Users' loot):

Nassty Sawbar (LV61) (Assault, Bandit)

Damage: 19804

Accuracy: 88.9

Fire Rate: 5.1

Reload Speed: 6.8

Magazine Size: 105

Burn Dmg/Sec: 13831.7

Chance to Ignite: 6.0%

Purging Stalker (LV61) (Pistol, VLDOF) - Looted by "iGoTiT4FrEe" (User)

Damage 39444

Accuracy 74.8

Fire Rate 10.05

Reload Speed 2.4

Magazine Size 41

Burn Dmg/Sec 15906.4

Chance to Burn 12.0%

Refill Avenger (LV61) (SMG, Tediore) - Looted by "Boss Francie" (User)

Damage: 20024

Accuracy: 93.9

Fire Rate: 8.3

Reload Speed: 1.5

Magazine Size: 51

Chance to Slag: 15.0%

Legendary Soldier Class Mod (Dahl) ...and I thought only "Vermivorous the Invincible" drops it :p

Cooldown Rate +31%

Gun Damage +25%

Fire Rate +17%

+5 Sentry Skill

+5 Ready Skill

+5 Impact Skill

+5 Expertise Skill

+5 Healthy Skill

+5 Preperation Skill

"It's like Christmas."

Shock Fastball (Grenade Mod, Tediore)

Damage: 115389

Blast Radius: 85

Fuse Time: 0.0

10908 Electrocute Damage

Whisky Tango Foxtrot (Shield) - Looted by "iGoTiT4FrEe" (User)

Capacity: 54809

Recharge Rate: 2731

Recharge Delay: 6.58

Booster Chance: 13.0%

Fabled Tortoise (Shield, PANGOLiN) - Looted by "iGoTiT4FrEe" (User)

Capacity: 170775

Recharge Rate: 10570

Recharge Dealay: 3.78

Max Health: -24808

Wins by a hare

Movement speed reduces while active

High capacity, reduces max health.

Movement speed increased when depleted

Potential Conference Call (Shotgun) - Looted by "iGoTiT4FrEe" (User)

Damage: 5301x5

Accuracy: 77.8

Fire Rate: 4.0

Reload Speed: 3.9

Mag Size: 9

Discharge Infinity (LV50) (Pistol) - Looted by "scooze18" (User)

Damage: 8018

Accuracy: 89.6

Fire Rate: 7.3

Reload: 2.3

Mag Size: 1

Electric Dmg/Sec: 3605.9

Chance to shock: 12%

It's closer than you think! (no it isn't)

Highly effective vs Shields

Razrez White Death (Sniper, Vladof)

Damage: 16948

Accuracy: 96.5

Fire Rate: 5.2

Reload Speed: 4.0

Magazine Size: 22

Burn Dmg/Sec: 3605.9

Chance to Ignite: 30.0%

Brisk Baby Maker (SMG, Tediore) - Looted by "maze" (User)

Damage: 5117

Accuracy: 91.1

Fire Rate: 9.3

Reload Speed: 1.5

Magazine Size: 38

Burn Dmg/Sec: 3605.9

Chance to Ignite: 10.0%

Explicit Unkempt Harold (Pistol, Torgue)

Damage: 16227

Accuracy: 91.9

Fire Rate: 2.0

Reload Speed: 2.3

Magazine Size: 20

Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold (Pistol, Torgue) - Looted by " NoNameFace" (User)

Damage: 14063x2

Accuracy: 81.8

Fire Rate: 1.6

Reload Speed: 2.3

Magazine Size: 21

Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? seven. Whatever.

Consumes 6 ammo per shot

Deals bonus explosive damage

Win-Win Logan's Gun (Pistol, Hyperion)

Damage: 7888

Accuracy: 98.5

Fire Rate: 2.2

Reload Speed: 2.0

Magazine Size: 16

Burn Dmg/Sec: 4327.1

Chance to Ignite: 13.2%

Consummate HellFire (SMG, Maliwan)

Damage: 5083

Accuracy: 93.1

Fire Rate: 8.0

Reload Speed: 2.5

Magazine Size: 37

Burn Dmg/Sec: 5048.2

Chance to Ignite: 20.6%

Stabbing KerBLaster (Assault Rifle, Torgue)

Damage: 31177

Accuracy: 90.6

Fire Rate: 2.4

Reload Speed: 3.9

Magazine Size: 24

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this was widely known already but apparently not. I ran about 30 runs Saturday and didn't get one single orange item. Plenty of bombs though... The initial jump after the 2nd invisible platform is the kicker to getting in there. You can also go to the compass location, kill ______, then get spit out, then kill ______. The path you walk is essentially over _________'s body. It just looks cooler without him but you can do it with his body too.

Yeah it's kinda tricky but once you get used to it AS EVERY GLITCH it's a breeze.

Legendary item so far looted:

Shock Fastball (Grenade Mod, Tediore)

Damage 115389

Blast Radius 85

Fuse Time 0.0

10908 Electrocute Damage

Not that good but still.

Pirate Booty progress 136/150. I wanna see someone who actually plays through the DLC and find that many chests and I've been through it already four times.

can you do this after you have done both quests that go to the treasure room ??

Yes.

how do you get back ?

In order to get back simply press :start:, then SAVE & QUIT. ;)

Little worried this may start another Armory glitch.

Not really since you are not on a mission that is tied to this, you don't need to kill or fight someone everytime and you do it in free-roam. Did it plenty times. It's all good!

I'm unable to get it to work. I lost $25M respawning from falling off, and for whatever reason, I have to keep killing Leviathan and cannot get his body to "disappear" like in the video.

His body doesn't have to disappear. The video is just doing it with Leviathan's body invisible so-to-speak. I've done it both ways and you follow the same steps.

I found out about this a while back and farmed the room 16 times. I got 3 oranges, always from the interior chests.

I personally had a hard time getting the glitch where you keep rising to activate, and it usually took me about 2 minutes or so of spamming jump. But everything else was pretty simple.

just cant get the right spot to jump up ugh

It's kinda tricky I know but just keep on trying, I tapped :abut: like a mofo in the beginning. You better use :ls:+:abut: in the direction forward/right as shown in the video. Sounds dumb but you have to strafe while jumping too, works everytime now for me.

I'm unable to get it to work. I lost $25M respawning from falling off, and for whatever reason, I have to keep killing Leviathan and cannot get his body to "disappear" like in the video.

I lost a lot of cash too when I tried it out for the first time but money isn't the problem in this game nowadays, so keep on trying. Also with the body of the Leviathan it should be easier to do.

I found out about this a while back and farmed the room 16 times. I got 3 oranges, always from the interior chests.

I personally had a hard time getting the glitch where you keep rising to activate, and it usually took me about 2 minutes or so of spamming jump. But everything else was pretty simple.

3 orange drops within 16 loots, wow not bad. Yeah first I had problems by finding the right corner to get stuck (I always fell down). Second was trying to go up and last but not least the right jump to the gate. If you are too far left you can't get the run-up (approach) as he has in the video, you have to run/walk a little more to the right before you jump.

yeah i can't do this,its the part where he just randomly looks around and points at the ceiling and starts jumping(yeah like the very first part)

if the Leviathan is there,what am i supposed to be looking at at that point,am supposed to be jumping up his body or something,after trying to copy exactly what he does in the video,i just jump up and down

yeah i can't do this,its the part where he just randomly looks around and points at the ceiling and starts jumping(yeah like the very first part)

if the Leviathan is there,what am i supposed to be looking at at that point,am supposed to be jumping up his body or something,after trying to copy exactly what he does in the video,i just jump up and down

He does not RANDOMLY LOOKS AROUND, he points at a specific spot where the jump suppose to work. ;)

You can also read the comments below the video which helps most of the time, there is also the link in the description for the "original video", that's why I credit both users but here you go:

After you're stuck in the corner, look left. Midway between the pillar at the fight floor and the rectangle in the background is a circular-looking patch. Look up from there and you will see a triangular looking rock. If you zoom in on the rock, you'll see a 'v'. Aim at the v, press forward, and jump. If your character does not jump, turn around and look at the circular splotch the video does while jumping. Just jump. I can do this every time without fail now.

I'm using the V he is talking about but there is also a point by the original user. Here is a picture:

http://imgur.com/gX07W

Guys, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. It's obviously not easy the first time but once you get it done right you can access the Treasure Room in less than 3 minutes.

it seems random,because he does it that fast and expects us to know what the hell he has just done

and that's another thing,how the fuck did you get the Leviathan to disappear as well?

that damn thing is there everytime i am,i have killed it a dozen times now

when the guy looks up,i have looked at his mini map,and positioned myself the same,but i have a ledge sticking out from the left that is not in his video

and that's another thing,how the fuck did you get the Leviathan to disappear as well?

that damn thing is there everytime i am,i have killed it a dozen times now

Ok that's the only question I can't answer for you so far. I'm doing this glitch in my TVHM oh and yeah I didn't turned in the quest Treasure Of The Sands (keeping it for future XPs). That's probably why.

Strange though, when I'm doing this with my Commando character in Normal mode the Leviathan is also gone. Story quest turned in but didn't accept the Treasure of The Sands side-quest. So it must be a thing between them.

yeah unfortunately i have done them both so that is probably why it's always appearing

I did see this video that worked for me a treat,but it cut off before i had to jump over,so i didn't know and i fell and got stuck and had to quit and now i can't do it again for some reason

Yup I saw that video too. Yes you can just practice it. :) I had the same problem, happened to me like ten times but now I know exactly where to go and where to jump!

The thing is,i don't even want what's in the treasure Chests,it was all garbage when i first and second went..i just want the challenge,and despise Gearbox for putting a challenge behind a locked door...i do my challenges after the story

EDIT:

Blaze,just seen you invite....not got my headset with me i am afraid

The thing is,i don't even want what's in the treasure Chests,it was all garbage when i first and second went..i just want the challenge,and despise Gearbox for putting a challenge behind a locked door...i do my challenges after the story

EDIT:

Blaze,just seen you invite....not got my headset with me i am afraid

Oh if it's that well then I invite you to my game, don't worry my game is infection free. The bad part is that you have to do the glitch by yourself and then you can enter the secret room at the pyramid or you simply find someone who hasn't done this quest (side-quest), join his/her game and enter the Treasure Room without any struggle. ;)

Found another two orange weapons at the same time in two different chests, guess the rate in this DLC or these skull-chests are higher in the main-game since "normally" you can access them only twice:

Razrez White Death (Sniper)

Damage 16948

Accuracy 96.5

Fire Rate 5.2

Reload Speed 4.0

Magazine Size 22

Burn Dmg/Sec 3605.9

Change to Ignite 30.0%

Consummate HellFire (SMG)

Damage 5083

Accuracy 93.1

Fire Rate 8.0

Reload Speed 2.5

Magazine Size 37

Burn Dmg/Sec 5048.2

Chance to Ignite 20.6%

I used this video to help me out. It's a lot more informative than the one in the OP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHwlCCd7eMA]Glitch Back Into The Chamber of The Lost Treasure - Borderlands 2 (Pirate's Booty DLC) - YouTube[/ame]

Ok that's the only question I can't answer for you so far. I'm doing this glitch in my TVHM oh and yeah I didn't turned in the quest Treasure Of The Sands (keeping it for future XPs). That's probably why.

Strange though, when I'm doing this with my Commando character in Normal mode the Leviathan is also gone. Story quest turned in but didn't accept the Treasure of The Sands side-quest. So it must be a thing between them.

I never had to kill the leviathan after I went there with my Siren in normal mode. The only times I've had to kill it was with both of the final missions. After that he's not there anymore. I have every quest done, and turned in.

Edited by tigersrule

I never had to kill the leviathan after I went there with my Siren in normal mode. The only times I've had to kill it was with both of the final missions. After that he's not there anymore. I have every quest done, and turned in.

Yeah same here, I don't have to fight him either. His dead body will only appear when it's your current mission or when you go back to the beacon after you turned it in and so on.

Thanks for the video I switched it. Definitely better!