The war on used game sales reaches a new level

crazy W01f 816

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd support them doing this for any NON-sports game (like they did with Bad Company 2) since they might actually worth full price. For sports games however, they alter the previous year's game ever so slightly and then have the audacity to brand it as "new", and sell it for new game price. That I will never support.

Well, hopefully people speak with their wallets on this one. As long as sales tank for this, they might not keep it up. It will be terrible if it's a massive success, since EA would have no reason to stop it (or do it for their other franchises), and it would cause other companies to take note and possibly implement it into their own releases.

I don't even play EA sports games anymore and just reading that pissed me off.

I agree; if it's happening to sports games, then it's probably gonna happen to non sports games. And to whoever said you'd be fine if it was with Bad Company 2, you're already paying for Xbox Live. Why the heck should we have to pay more? They can fix used game sales by making the process of making games cheaper.

I don't even play EA sports games anymore and just reading that pissed me off.

Same here.

Really hope their sales tank for this shit.

:biglaugh

Just got a good idea.

Start downloading all of EA's games in the future then burn loads of discs and hand them out to people in the street with instructions on how to get them to play in protest of this crap.

I'm sure that would royally piss EA off. :p

So... does this mean since everyone who plays their new games online are going to be paying EA specifically to play online (not just their Gold Subscription)... that EA won't be shutting down multiplayer servers in the future?

It sure would suck suck to pay ten bucks for a pass a couple years down the road, only to have the servers shut down a few weeks later. :p