Decorations Guide

Gamerdude5448

If you have a strategy for getting a decoration feel free to post it below. You can use this in your guide as long as you give me credit.

Check out my achievement guide and road map HERE.

Check out my Preserverance guide HERE.

HIDDEN DECORATIONS DO NOT COUNT TOWARD THE ACHIEVEMENTS.

This guide will help you get the following achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1848/+vwiww==.jpgWith Distinction 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png Earn 11 Decorations.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1848/+xzaUA==.jpgHighly Decorated 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png Earn 22 Decorations.

I labeled each decoration on difficulty.

Very Easy = Green

Easy = Blue

Normal = Black

Hard = Orange

UoGD: Unobtainable on General difficulty

Basic Training

Engineer's Debut: Upgrade any turret

Have at least 1500 points then build a Machine Gun I. Hover over the machine gun and press :abut:then choose the upgrade option on the right side.

Earning Your Wings: Pilot an Attack Helo.

This cannot be missed* UoGD

Jungle Heat

Over the Top: Destroy 3 helicopters with Commando.

At the very beginning shoot down the 3 helicopters in front of you. If you miss one you can restart the level. UoGD

Rat-a-tat-tat: Earn a Barrage with a Machine Gun turret.

Place a machine gun at the very front and 1 at the very back. Take control of the one at the front and shoot the incoming waves of enemies. UoGD

Beached

Hard Counter: Shoot down 10 helicopters with an Anti-Air turret.

Build only 1 an Anti-Air turret and some other turrets to protect from the ground forces. Take control of it and shoot as many of the helicopters down as possible. UoGD

Air Support: Destroy 100 units with the Helo Gunship.

The Helo is on the right side of the map. Take control of it and shoot as many enemies as possible. Try to shoot infantry and make sure you are fully charged before an infantry round. UoGD

Panic at the Wall

Collateral Damage: Destroy 20 parked cars.

At the very beginning turn around and shoot all of the parked cars with the tank. UoGD

Stopping Power: Destroy 5 Medium Tanks using an Artillery turret.

Build an Artillery at the very front. Also build some anti-air and turrets in the back for protection. Before a tank wave take control of the Artillery and destroy all the tanks. UoGD

Mind the Gap

Intimidation: Overkill 25 infantry with an IFV.

At the very beginning build some turrets in the very back. Then take control of the IFV in the middle of the map and run infantry over with it for Overkills. UoGD

Necessary: Overkill 10 ATVs with an Artillery turret.

Build 2 Artillery in the very front and place turrets everywhere else for protection. Upgrade the Artillery to at least level 2. Before an ATV round take control of an Artillery turret and shoot the ATVs. Make sure to use Shell Cam for better accuracy. UoGD

Surrounded!

Oomph!: Earn 15 Thrill Rides against infantry.

Build one Anti-Tank in the middle and 2 Anti-Air. Put 2 turrets in the back for protection. When you see a group of infantry shoot a missile at them and push :ls: foward to make it go faster. If you can upgrade the Anti-Tank to level 3 for more Thrill Rides. UoGD

Helpful: Earn 50 assists.

Place machine gun turrets and mortars in every other spot. KEEP THE MORTARS AT LEVEL 1. Wait for the planes to drop paratroopers. Take control of the machines gun turret nearest to where they are being dropped off. Wait for the mortar to gas the infantry. Then shoot the infantry that are red and slowly dying. UoGD

Trouble at the Canal

Ardor: Torch 30 infantry with Napalm.

Build turrets near the toybox for protection. Build anti-air turrets and wait for a plane to drop paratroopers. Before they drop, get in the plane and use Napalm by pressing :rs: down then press :rtbut:. Kill 30 for the decoration. UoGD

Like a Fox: Do a barrel roll.

At the beginning of the level while piloting the jet simply do a barrel roll. Press :lbbut:/:rbbut: to do a barrel roll. UoGD

Deadly Dunes

Roman Holiday: Destroy 25 units with the Makeshift III's Roman Candle.

Build Makeshift's on the frontlines and build some turrets in the back for protection. Make sure to upgrade the Makeshift's to level 3. On an infantry wave take control of the Makeshift closest to the infantry. Use the mortar the Makeshift shoots NOT the main weapon. UoGD

Light's Out: Destroy 100 units while using Night Vision.

Use the helicopter on the left side of the map. Turn on Night Vision by pressing :rs: down. Then kill 100 enemies with Night Vision on. Try to do this on an infantry round because there are more kills. UoGD

Rainy City

UnderTOW: Destroy 5 aircraft with the Anti-Tank III.

Build Anti-Tank turrets near the toybox and build other turrets everywhere else for protection. DO NOT build Anti-Air turrets. Make sure you upgrade the Anti-Tanks to level 3. On helicopter rounds take control of a level 3 Anti-Tank turret. Make sure to use Shell Cam for better accuracy. UoGD

The Sound: Repair 5 times.

When a turret you own has been damaged simply repair it. Do this 5 times for the decoration.

Edited by Gamerdude5448

For thrill rides, you need to hit an enemy having used an anti tank missile at full speed. ie pressing up on the stick to increase the speed of the missile whilst guiding it to the target. Its easy to do this right at the start by upgrading your AT to level 2, and taking out the paratroopers who drop in managable numbers

Can't be AT level 2 because there's no Shell-cam. It has to be AT level 1 or 3.

There is Shell-Cam on level 2. Just tested it.

To avoid any confusion, 'AT' typically stands for 'Anti-Tank' and not 'Artillery'.

Shell Cam is on Anti-Tank I, Anti-Tank III, Mortar I, Mortar II, Mortar III, Artillery I, Artillery II, and Artillery III.

For the 'Oomph!' Decoration you have to use an Anti-Tank turret (again, either I or III) because Anti-Tank turrets are the only ones that will give a 'Thrill Ride!' bonus from Shell Cam.

On Capitol Crisis, can someone post a video on how to get the 100x combo??? I tried what the guide said and it's not working for me. There's only 90 soldiers that spawn and the highest combo I got was 88. I tried it on casual, normal, and hard...each difficulty is only 90 soldiers. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

On Capitol Crisis, can someone post a video on how to get the 100x combo??? I tried what the guide said and it's not working for me. There's only 90 soldiers that spawn and the highest combo I got was 88. I tried it on casual, normal, and hard...each difficulty is only 90 soldiers. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

If you get a few of the troops that drop off in the plane before they come out of the building then you should get it.

Just got it, thanks!!! If anyone else is having problems, here is what I did. Destroy wave 1, you need wave 2, and wave 3 is the big 90 soldiers that rushes out of the building that you need. Wait until wave 2 lands on the right, then get the US Attack Helo (Helicopter) and start shooting wave 2 until you get a few combos then launch wave 3 and fire all of your rockets into the building. You will get an easy 100 + combo. Hope this helps you!

Monumental Defense

Danger Close: Call in a Nuclear Strike

First, destroy the Soviet turrets on the other side of the map. Take over the spots and makes sure to build an Anti-Tank on the left spot. Do this BEFORE wave 13. Survive until wave 13. On wave 13 take control of the turret where the Soviets orignally were. Keep retrying the wave until you see a ATV with a star over it's head. Once you have found it YOU MUST DESTROY IT. If you don't get a Nuclear Strike keep trying until you finally get it. Make sure you use it as it only counts once you use it. UoGD

Right at the very start of the level, place a machine gun turret to the far right and force launch all infantry waves. Take control of the turret and just keep killing the infantry until you get a 40x combo. You will then unlock a barrage at random. If you don't the nuclear missile, just restart the level.
Thanks to The Deathdefyer for this method.

Hip Fracture: Destroy 4 Helo Gunships with an Attack Helo.

To get the Attack Helo you need to take over the turrets on the other side of the map. Once you have done that you should get a helicopter near the Soviet turrets. DO NOT choose wave rewind after the Attack Helo appears as if makes the Attack Helo disappear. DO NOT build Anti-Air turrets as they can destroy the Helo Gunships. Make sure to keep the Attack Helo charged. The Helo Gunship does not drop enemies so keep that in mind. UoGD

Capitol Crisis

Miserable Pile of Soviets: Earn a 100x combo.

Place a turret near the large building in the front. On wave 2 kill a at least 10 soldiers than end the round an instantly start the next wave. Kill the infantry that come out of the building. Use the level 1 turret as it doesn't reload. UoGD

Spared No Expense: Upgrade 10 times.

You should get this without trying ,but if you can't constantly build a machine-gun turret, upgrade ,than destroy it. Do this until you get the decoration.

Edited by Gamerdude5448

Monumental Defense

Danger Close: Call in a Nuclear Strike

First, destroy the Soviet turrets on the other side of the map. Take over the spots and makes sure to build an Anti-Tank on the left spot. Do this BEFORE wave 13. Survive until wave 13. On wave 13 take control of the turret where the Soviets orignally were. Keep retrying the wave until you see a ATV with a star over it's head. Once you have found it YOU MUST DESTROY IT. If you don't get a Nuclear Strike keep trying until you finally get it. Make sure you use it as it only counts once you use it. UoGD

How many times do you have to keep retrying the wave until you get one with a star above it? I've been at this for ages and no star.

EDIT:

I've found an easier to obtain this one. Right at the very start of the level, place a machine gun turret to the far right and force launch all infantry waves. Take control of the turret and just keep killing the infantry until you get a 40x combo. You will then unlock a barrage at random. If you don't the nuclear missile, just restart the level. Each time takes about 2 minutes and you're not sat around waiting for a lucky star to appear.

Edited by The Deathdefyer

How many times do you have to keep retrying the wave until you get one with a star above it? I've been at this for ages and no star.

EDIT:

I've found an easier to obtain this one. Right at the very start of the level, place a machine gun turret to the far right and force launch all infantry waves. Take control of the turret and just keep killing the infantry until you get a 40x combo. You will then unlock a barrage at random. If you don't the nuclear missile, just restart the level. Each time takes about 2 minutes and you're not sat around waiting for a lucky star to appear.

I got it every 3 trys.

EDIT:

Thanks! This is much easier than the method in the guide!

EDIT:

Thank You this worked like a charm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Prone" is when soldiers are crawling under barbed wire. Barbed wire can be placed by clicking the left thumb stick. So set up a bunch of barbed wire and go at it! Easiest way I found was to place some barbed wire on the roads next to the circular build spot right in front of the toy box. Then build a Makeshift (gas) on that spot, wait for the enemies to start crawling through it, and gas them!