How does this game compare to Fallout?

a hippyslayer

Far Cry 3 has skill trees rather than the more traditional RPG elements in Fallout (attributes, ability to role-play, etc.). This game is more akin to Borderlands, really. You have no control over your character in a story-telling sense and you can customize your character by unlocking new skills upon level up. The actual numbers for health, armor and damage are hidden and you don't loot weapons the same way you do in Borderlands, but the skill trees and weapon selection are really reminiscent of Borderlands to me.

The best description I could come up for this game would be a cross between Borderlands, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Red Dead Redemption: the kind of RPG elements of Borderlands, the weapon customization and overall graphical style of Battlefield 3, the crafting and open world of Skyrim and the hunting of Red Dead Redemption.

Nothing like fallout at all. But 400000x better. Simply put ;p

Fallout>FC3 imo, the game kinda felt rather repetitive towards the end.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Fallout is easily better than Far Cry. JonnyNumber1 knows what's up. As much as I loved Far Cry, Fallout is 64376324326x better.

The only thing Far Cry lacked was length. I was able to 100% the game, find every single collectible and loot, and complete every side mission in under 2 weeks of casual playing.

Question: How does this game compare to Fallout?

Answer: The same way apples compare to oranges.

Also, stop calling this a role-playing-game. It's an open world first-person-shooter with a light upgrade system which you could basically skip completely after the tutorial if you really hated it and weren't concerned with the associated achievements. Continuing to say this just gives people looking for information about the game a false sense of what the game is really like.

Also, stop calling this a role-playing-game. It's an open world first-person-shooter with a light upgrade system which you could basically skip completely after the tutorial if you really hated it and weren't concerned with the associated achievements. Continuing to say this just gives people looking for information about the game a false sense of what the game is really like.

I think this adequately sums it up. The only RPG element really just tweaked the experience a bit, adding some more skills to help make the game more entertaining. On the other hand, a real RPG game would pretty much require you to get skills, upgrade attributes (which this game doesn't have), etc. Imo it had just enough of that RPG customization to enhance the game without being cumbersome.

Also, the high end weapons (from collectibles/towers) are awesome fun...

I think this adequately sums it up.

Ditto, haven't played FC3 yet but hearing from a bud who's played both, they are absolutely nothing alike and not comparable.

For the record I like oranges better than apples. But I digress. :p

Fallout>FC3 imo, the game kinda felt rather repetitive towards the end.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Fallout is easily better than Far Cry. JonnyNumber1 knows what's up. As much as I loved Far Cry, Fallout is 64376324326x better.

The only thing Far Cry lacked was length. I was able to 100% the game, find every single collectible and loot, and complete every side mission in under 2 weeks of casual playing.

Agreed. Just the atmosphere of Fallout alone is more interesting than Far Cry 3's.

Fallout is ∞ times better than Far Cry 3 and 2.

Agreed. Just the atmosphere of Fallout alone is more interesting than Far Cry 3's.

Fallout is ∞ times better than Far Cry 3 and 2.

Indeed it is, sir! Not to say that Far Cry 3 wasn't amazing - because it was a very, very good game in terms of exploration, hunting, and story.

It's just that comparing Fallout and Far Cry is tough because like someone has previously mentioned, Far Cry isn't that RPG-ish to begin with. But in all seriousness, Fallout FTW.