stop grinding Shopaholic! The General unlocked for all!

bean is not pro

Funny how most of the convo in this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the thread subject.

Anyway, either they've already removed the General from the achievement, or the game remembers when you unlock him through the glitch. I had done the glitch a week or so ago, and found out that the General only unlocked on the screen (I couldn't actually play a match with him). Today I just hit lvl 58, and immediately went and bought all the upgrades for the compound bow, and the achievement popped.

I have no idea if the game remembered me "unlocking" the General, or if they've already removed him from the requirements.

It remembers.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's much more convenient to do private solo 20min FFA matches on the beach. I did so with the sprint upgrade. One lap takes usually 59seconds so you are able to open 100 crates (and more if you save time). Every crate contains 100-150 salvage so the average score should be around 10k-15k. Moreover you are given 3000XP for winning the match (you always win this way).

That sounds good, except I think you'd be better off using the perk that doubles your salvage. The extra sprint time really doesn't make that big a difference.

It remembers.

Ah thanks. Incidentally-- am I giving it the wrong upgrades, or is the compound bow a piece of shit? I used it for a couple matches, and I'm going back to the recurve. It draws too slow, reloads too slow, and doesn't do any more damage than the recurve. :confused:

Edit: not that it's going to matter in a couple more levels.

Just updated my game as the update came through since I was messing around trying to get the secret achievement for talking to the crew (part of it glitched and I couldn't get it, and I'm about done trying on this game for now)... Anyway, seems he's at Prestige 2 now instead of 3. Still kinda BS if you ask me.

Are we still able to use the trick to purchase him early?? I was so close to lvl60 and haven't done it yet...

I tried to, but no checkmark appeared. However, since he is now free, I can't confirm or deny with the loss of salvage. I tried the glitch and then tried it on another character and it worked on the second character. When I hit 58 and have enough salvage, I am going to purchase everything else and see if it unlocks the achievement.

I tried to, but no checkmark appeared. However, since he is now free, I can't confirm or deny with the loss of salvage. I tried the glitch and then tried it on another character and it worked on the second character. When I hit 58 and have enough salvage, I am going to purchase everything else and see if it unlocks the achievement.

Awesome, we'll patiently await further confirmation then! :)

I'm still only level 46 or something. After Chatterbox glitched on me I doubt I'll be going for 100% any more. At least for the time being. Maybe somewhere down the road. I'm hoping my second playthrough I at least get Dead Eye. Then I'll just need the 2 MP achievements and Chatterbox. But oh well if I don't.

I can confirm that General is not necessary for the achievement!! :Bounce:

I've bought everything but General and achievement pops. Prestige 1 Level 58.

Awesome! Now I'll just have to get to Lvl60! Great to hear! Not quite sure if I've reached my 20hrs of gameplay yet this month for the Scavenger Hunt thing, so I didn't necessarily want to rush it - but I definitely didn't want to have to Prestige multiple times! Thankful I can play at the pace I want to now and still get the 100%!

I can confirm that General is not necessary for the achievement!! :Bounce:

I've bought everything but General and achievement pops. Prestige 1 Level 58.

Confirmed - I just did this as well last night. Will finish up the lvl 60 achievement tonight, but shopaholic is done and plopped.

Now that the General is no longer required, does that mean I can start buying upgrades and characters, even when I'm not level 60?

yupp you can

i had all characters xcept general

and most of weapon upgrades

started game today att level 60 no prestige

bought all weapon upgrade's aint got general achievement was there

1000 no prestige