Traveler Achievement only Guide

Ray5555

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I have Mass Effect...

(one of the reasons I still haven't played that is because of the multiple playthroughs, and last time I heard that was made by BioWare)

Not really, just save before the ending and level glitch for the last character.

I don't want to have an argument about how many times I have to play through, all I want to know (as I said before) is can I no longer get the Traveler achievement now I have not entered the Fade in Redcliffe?

• 2 weeks later...
No you don't, if I recall he initially gives you 3 quest

Letters

Dump Bodies

Toxins

if you do one of these he gives you the next quest and so on and so forth, when I got K's I still had the love letters and garnets to do.

If your struggling for the toxins btw, in my game at lest the elf camp in the forest vendor had 99 of the buggers.

Serious? So I can do the toxin quest and then just skip the garnet one? Me like. . . . IF what your saying is what I think your saying.

I just got the achievement. I beat the game a couple days ago at 95% following the op, and when it didn't pop, I read through the rest of the 10 pages of the thread, piecing together what people recommended. Hopefully this helps those of you still looking for it...

Loaded up my save before the Landsmeet quest, and did the following things:

1. Went to the shop that opened up in Orzammar after the new king was elected (I know I missed this in the first game).

2. Went to the second floor of Kaitlyn's house (I missed that in the first game as well).

3. Did enough of the Favors for Certain Interested Parties quests (from the barkeeper in Denerim) until I unlocked and went to the Ransom Drop Location and D's Hideout.

One or more of those 4 places did it for me.

I think the percentage number that everyone is talking about actually applies to "uncovering" the maps when you're in the area - making all of each area known. You'll notice that when you go to a new place, the map is all black except for quest waypoints and as you explore the map, the black is removed to give you layout.

That's the only thing that makes sense as people are reporting receiving the achievement at 70-80% while others are not getting it at 90+%.

Edit:

I found this list of locations on the Bioware forums. It was pulled from a file in the toolset. Speculation is that in addition to visiting all of these locations, you may also need to also visit connected locations, such as shops, second floor, etc. I have not yet tested it myself but wanted to drop it here.

The locations are:

arl120ar_blacksmith

arl130ar_dwyns_home

arl140ar_kaitlyn_home

arl141ar_kaitlyn_upstairs

arl150ar_tavern

arl170ar_general_store

den100ar_brothel

den220ar_noble_tavern

den230ar_wonders_of_thedas

den260ar_warden_cache

den280ar_smithy

den950ar_alley_justice_1

den951ar_alley_justice_2

den952ar_alley_justice_3

den960ar_orphanage

lot120ar_danes_refuge

urn120ar_village_house

urn130ar_village_shop

orz220ar_shop

orz260ar_proving

orz310ar_shaperate

orz420ar_shop

cli220ar_fort_roof_1

Edited by Cynnamin

• 2 months later...

This was one of several achievements that did not unlock for me after finishing the game several times. This was months ago, and I swore I would not play such a glitched game again. But I'm starting to get an itch for it. Can anyone who had similar problems as me confirm if this achievement now works?

• 4 weeks later...

This achievement had me nervous throughout my first play through. However, I was lucky and it popped when I entered the rooftop to fight the Arch Demon.

Here are some observations:

- I took Loghain to the rooftop to get his sacrifice out of the way.

- I didn't get arrested. I won the fight so I didn't do Ft. Drakon Pt 1 (dungeons?).

- I did save Connor and explored all the areas of the Fade including the three outside entranced companions areas that unlock as you complete the pentagram.

- I did both sides of Dwarf king quest until the point where I didn't go into the Proving grounds and went to the Deep Roads. This left the quest open after it was completed but I was able to do the Proving Grounds "informal training opportunities" later.

- I didn't do Leliana's personal quest. I messed up and got her approval too high to get any more chances at getting the romance going too :(

- I didn't do any of the Crime Wave quests because I didn't have Stealing or Sneaking skills.

- I don't think I visited the Dwarven Chantry. I think I chose only to allow meetings.

I did virtually all the rest of the quests including all the stages of the final battle in Denerim.

There is a good walkthrough on Gamefaqs that if you follow that you'll get the Traveler achievement. Keep in mind by the time you reach the Final Battle, you should be at 80%. Fort Drakon brings you to 90% I think and then finally at the end you'll get it when you fight the Archdemon, if you're worried about your percentage progress.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/920668/58305

The guide here works:

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/traveler/31496/

It's actually a fairly short list of optional locations...

Good list. Important to note that some of these you need to "'initiate' each of these locations in plot-related forms" as stated by a poster in that thread. Simply visiting them after the plot items have passed doesn't count according to that poster. I was lucky to have done them all.

• 2 months later...

yea individual playthrough still says area unlocked as a second playthrough provides a different % of the world visited, i dont beleive it counts previous playthroughs as i have done bits i didnt in my first, which were the only 2-3 places i hadnt been, and i am still around 55% (only halfway through my 2nd true playthorugh) so i would assume this one is locked to one playthrough only

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. I FINALLY got this. After er, at least 6 play-throughs. I wanted to cry. Just a few things to note...

I did every Crow assassin quest, all of the misleadingly-named Rogue Quests (except Correspondence Interruptus because I'm a mage), all of Slim Couldry's quests (yes, all of them, including the return to the estate), the Unbound quest, set foot in every floor of every building (you do need the 2nd floor of Kaitlyn's home, I made that mistake), did every Chanter's Board quest, many of the Mage's Collective quests, none of the Blackstone quests, and essentially anything that could take me somewhere new. I did save Connor, I did get arrested while rescuing Queen Anora, I did go to K's Hideout, I did open the Orzammar Chantry, I did Leliana's companion quest, I did everything in this guide and a whole lot more. Not that it really matters, but my world explored was at 95% standing outside the final encounter. I'm going to go celebrate now. I finally have all my achievements! :D

Nevermind that. I still need to get Leliana's Song. WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME SO?!

Edited by SchwarzRose

For anyone who still needs this achievement and wants a definitive answer on just how to obtain the Traveler achievement, forget the 10 pages of pointless discussion thats gone on in this thread and DO NOT follow the guide on the first page.

IN ORDER TO UNLOCK THE TRAVELER ACHIEVEMENT, you need to visit the following locations. They are outlined in the achievement guide as well but people don't seem to be capable of looking in there:

Lothering:

#1. lot120ar_danes_refuge (where u meet Leliana).

Redcliffe:

#2. arl120ar_blacksmith

#3. arl130ar_dwyns_home

#4. arl140ar_kaitlyn_home

#5. arl141ar_kaitlyn_upstairs

#6. arl150ar_tavern

#7. arl170ar_general_store

Orzimmar

#8. orz220ar_shop

#9. orz260ar_proving

#10. orz310ar_shaperate

#11. orz420ar_shop (not sure which 2 shops this refers to, but swing by Dust Town to be sure.)

Denarim:

#12. den100ar_brothel (Tell 'em Tubby sent you.)

#13. den220ar_noble_tavern

#14. den230ar_wonders_of_thedas

#15. den260ar_warden_cache (Duncan's Shield quest).

#16. den280ar_smithy (The drake scale guy).

#17. den950ar_alley_justice_1 (Chanter's Board quest).

#18. den951ar_alley_justice_2

#19. den952ar_alley_justice_3

#20. den960ar_orphanage (Blind Templar quest)

Haven:

#21. urn120ar_village_house

#22. urn130ar_village_shop

Climax Battle on the Roof:

#23. cli220ar_fort_roof_1

(copied from trueachievements.org)

I have just followed the above list and as soon as I was stood on roof with the Archdemon in front of me, the achievement blipped. Don't waste your time doing another playthough with anything but the above list. Heres the original thread where the information came from:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/66/index/415360/1

Enjoy.

Boy this is a confusing achievement. I got overwhelmed when I saw all of the contradicting advice here. I was a bit worried with some of the missable stuff people said was required. I did not go to the Fade in the Redcliffe questline and did not want to play through again. I tried the following guide and got the achievement on my first playthrough. Sorry if it's more contradiction, but it worked for me.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Traveler_Achievement

• 7 months later...

Wow thats really great information. I unlocked my Travelers achievement during my first play through without even trying though. I just trying to explore as much of the game as possible, but still it's good to know all the locations.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks

cheap ostend hotels

From

hotels in oostende near train station

• 1 year later...

So I have followed the achievement guide 100% and beat my first play though no achievement for traveler...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....so I check this page the first page of this is useless pretty much and what everyone saying is pretty much right but the place I finally got my 80% in before beating the game is stupid SPECIAL Ks HIDEOUT IN DENERIM... Going here counts as a 1%... I never knew that so I have to do the bartenders quest in DENERIM to get the quest to show up.