BRINK is good!

GGDoubleG

I got BRINK yesterday. Played for 4 games: (2 x objective, 1 x freeplay & 1 campaign). This game is ALL GOOD!

Everything is exactly like all the promotion Youtube video (which is good) and NO LAG at all (I'm from Hong Kong and usually connection in Asia is not the best as I've experienced from the last 2 titles of COD).

After 4 games, I have unlock the heavy body type and I looking forward to do some damage with it!! :woop:

SMART (LB button) is easy to use, but I need to get used to the B button for (crouch / slide)...

i dont like it at all.

NO headshots = no one hit kills

you emtpy a full clip into someone online and then some and they kill you in one shot = not cool

in some areas Parkour is totally messed up by sliding off an edge when you wernt holding B.

the Challenges in 3 stars are impossible. The only way i could get all 3 stars is too get headshots. Something the game dose not allow

i dont like it at all.

you emtpy a full clip into someone online and then some and they kill you in one shot = not cool

in some areas Parkour is totally messed up by sliding off an edge when you wernt holding B.

the Challenges in 3 stars are impossible. The only way i could get all 3 stars is too get headshots. Something the game dose not allow

NO one died in one shot in this game it's the way it SHOULD be. And there are headshots. Did you not watch anything on the game, they explained why theres no one shot killing. Also those challenges are no where near impossible, completed each one first attempt. Seriously do 1 shot kills help anything in a game NO, and besides it takes next to nothing to really kill someone, 7-8 bullets if your buffed. Learn to play it like it's meant to be played.

Edited by Tha Mantis

This game is great and severely underrated just like Shadowrun was. Reviews don't make a game. I'm too lazy to check the review for TF2 but it falls under the same umbrella s Shadowrun and Brink; a game where there is no campaign and is strictly a multiplayer experience but can be played with bots.

I guess the bar was set so extremely high b/c CoD is so good... am i rite?

I greatly enjoy this game and have been playing it for over 5 days now and still haven't played online...

I really am enjoying this game however the online is killing me at times, the lag can get unbearable and it is really disappointing as this will no doubt put people off the game, I really hope the community doesn't suffer in numbers because of this

Oh and headshots do more damage:

Hit Location Multipliers are segmented into:

Head (1.5x damage multiplier)

Torso & Arms (1.0x)

Legs (0.75x)

http://denkirson.xanga.com/738334226/brink/

Edited by PrinceReedy

The game is good, but what keeps it from being great for me are really three things. First is the lack of extra game modes. Second for a multiplayer heavy game I find it lacking in maps. After such a long wait there's no reason there shouldn't be more maps. Last but not least are that there are not enough objectives going on for all the classes. Some parts of the maps have 3 things for multiple classes to do, most have little to nothing for only one.

I feel there should be more setting up barricades, breaking through entrance ways,etc. It looks like most of the included maps were rushed. You can tell maps like the container map were made first, as it has alot for different classes to do at any given time, while others just don't. I still love the game though, as feels very old school meets new school fps.

Edited by ImpendIn_Agony

i dont like it at all.

Actually, if you use the bolt action rifle (can't remember the name), you can get a one shot in the head.

l

Anyways, I agree. Brink is pretty good. I haven't had the chance to play versus yet, due to the terrible lag, but even playing the campaign missions on co-op with 5 friends is tons of fun. Yes, the enemy AI is somewhat ridiculous, and the friendly AI is more dumb than a box of rocks, but the gameplay epic. It's nice to finally have a pure team-based game for once. I, personally, am sick of the run & gun, 1 hit kills, solo games like CoD, Battlefield, Medal of Honer and Gears. Most of the reviews are by people tainted by conformity: CoD is the way everything should be.

I recommended picking this game up, and playing some campaign on co-op with buddies until the Lag is fixed. Lots of fun.

This game is great and severely underrated just like Shadowrun was. Reviews don't make a game. I'm too lazy to check the review for TF2 but it falls under the same umbrella s Shadowrun and Brink; a game where there is no campaign and is strictly a multiplayer experience but can be played with bots.

I guess the bar was set so extremely high b/c CoD is so good... am i rite?

I greatly enjoy this game and have been playing it for over 5 days now and still haven't played online...

Lol cod, cod, cod. I love it! Every time someone talks about a shooter cod has to b somewhere in the convo. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying. Can cod b put to the side when speaking of another shooter?... No, but that would b nice lol :p. Brink forum on gamespot was swarming with cod nonsense. It was insanity. :eek:

My only complaint on brink is lag. I completed every challenge, I have no problems killing anyone & I've been having fun with it so far. :woop:

i dont like it at all.

You're doing it wrong, very wrong. First off, there are headshots. One of the reasons it takes you a full clip to kill is probably due to you not utilizing them. Secondly, no one shot kills? You need to toy around with more weapons because I beg to differ.

i dont like it at all.

Unfortunately, everyone nowadays since CoD got big thinks that enemies in a FPS should die in two shots. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy CoD, but not every game needs to follow the same formula. CoD is fun for its own reasons, and Brink is fun for its own reasons. You just need to adjust; they are not the same game.

I understand lag plays a part in inconsistent kills, but it's refreshing not being killed by some guy who's spraying like a madman and got 2 lucky shots in.

Unfortunately, everyone nowadays since CoD got big thinks that enemies in a FPS should die in two shots. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy CoD, but not every game needs to follow the same formula. CoD is fun for its own reasons, and Brink is fun for its own reasons. You just need to adjust; they are not the same game.

I understand lag plays a part in inconsistent kills, but it's refreshing not being killed by some guy who's spraying like a madman and got 2 lucky shots in.

Couldn't agree more :)

I love COD and I have played about 90 days total over the last 4 games. But this is also a great game. Very different and much more team oriented. If anyone read the silly review over at Joystiq, you would exactly what TigerGenocide is talking about. They complained about everything that made it "bad". Like the only way to kill people is to be in a group and team up on a guy. Hahaha, I've been crapping on kids with a Light Body Type and the Galactic SMG and the occasional buff from my buddy who plays as an Engineer.

Honestly the review condemned this game for having the elements necessary for teamwork needed to win.

People shouldn't disregard a game for being "different" or "old school". They should learn to embrace the change and accept the nuances. I bet they hated TF2 as well :)

Like the only way to kill people is to be in a group and team up on a guy. Hahaha, I've been crapping on kids with a Light Body Type and the Galactic SMG and the occasional buff from my buddy who plays as an Engineer.

This brings up another great point. Brink is not the type of game where you can run around lone-wolf and expect awesome results. Sure it'll work sometimes, but the essence of this game is in the teamwork. I can't help but think that most people that bash the game for its mechanics are playing solo. Even having just one buddy to strategize with makes this game so much more enjoyable AND you will do better!

This brings up another great point. Brink is not the type of game where you can run around lone-wolf and expect awesome results. Sure it'll work sometimes, but the essence of this game is in the teamwork. I can't help but think that most people that bash the game for its mechanics are playing solo. Even having just one buddy to strategize with makes this game so much more enjoyable AND you will do better!

Exactly!! That lone-wolf crap will work on COD games to much success and even Battlefield, but to a much lesser extent. This game and TF2 have shown that the co-operative, versus, online multiplayer FPS can work all together simultaneously.

I have managed to get away with some of the lone-wolf strategy, but typically I have my buddy's damage buff and my own health buff (I've been playing as a medic). Not to mention the fact that controlling the Command Posts is key as well because that can give you the bit of extra health or supplies you need to stay alive.

This game is coming much criticism and praise. Although I find myself saying that here, at X360A, have they actually considered all the points and potential. Most other reviews look over the fact it's meant to be played against other people, not just bots. And when you got four other friends tearing around the map doing their roles correctly and effectively then you will see the game shine at its finest. Without that, this game would get dull quite fast.