What is the best DLC to purchase?

Ironarrow

Well, I would suggest the ones that add to the main story, gives you extra gear and xp to help you along.

DLC's for after the main game I would suggest awakening (see if you can get the disc on the cheap. It is not worth that massive point cost). After that then Witch hunt if you want to see the full story before DA2.

I would suggest doing all the DLC's though. Most are not that hard and they all add to your main game in some way (admittedly DSC and Lelianas don't add much). If you are cheevo hunting, most of the DLC's are fairly easy to complete, and they can help you get main game cheevo's.

If its still possible for you to return it, getting the Ultimate Edition is by far the best choice. Most retailers sell it for $30-$40, and it includes all dlc. The main game and Awakening together cost that much. I honestly couldnt choose which dlc to buy as I'm currently still in the main story. Awakening is a must though, from what i've heard. Best to get it in disk form for $10-$15 rather than the $30 download.

Origins DLC:

1) Stone Prisoner

2) Warden's Keep

3) Return to Ostagar

Outside of Origins:

1) Awakening

2) Witch Hunt

3) Lelianna's Song

4) Golems of Amgarrak

5) Darkspawn Chronicles

All are good, but if you were going to buy just 1 DLC pack, go with Awakening.

Edited by Burning Karma

I'd say Awakening and Leliana's Song.

Witch Hunt - Boring. There's 3 quests or so, very quick to finish. There isn't more to the story (imo) but what there is, is easy to find out with a simple search.

Golem of Amgarrak(?) - Pretty good, I'm playing through it right now. It's a bit difficult, and I'm not sure what the price is but I'd rate it 7/10 since it is really short, just one good sized dungeon.

Haven't played the Darkspawn Chronicles yet, so no comment on how good it is or not.

Awakening if it's cheap. Not worth full price. I actually like Return to Ostagar because it's played during the main campaign and so feels a little more relevant.

Witch Hunt and Golem both take place after the game (after Awakening perhaps?). Golem is pretty damned hard, haven't tried Witch Hunt yet.

Leliana's Song is just some backstory on Leliana, so if you like her as a character it's good. It also provides some leather armor that's able to be used pretty early and is pretty nice.