Official Bitching Thread

Yunder

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matchmaking in this game is a joke, i'm in the UKand have it set to local only because of the game breaking lag and always get put in lobbies where most of the people are in the US , i just had a match where the host and all the other team was in Russia and of course when i joined they were winning and destroying my team with air support, last time i checked a country that is a couple of thousand miles away isn't local,

Edited by ollie086

Probably how this month every time I join a game I always get on the losing side with a staggering gap in scores. IE

1500-6900

Then whenever I get in a match not in progress, there are always people on my team pulling 0-19 K/D. Then when they're on the opposite team they play fairly well.

I haven't noticed a whole lot of people going 0-19, but I have seen what you are referring to as far as guys that have a horrible K/D, then switch teams and play fairly solid.

Matchmaking in this game is a joke, i'm in the UKand have it set to local only because of the game breaking lag and always get put in lobbies where most of the people are in the US , i just had a match where the host and all the other team was in Russia and of course when i joined they were winning and destroying my team with air support, last time i checked a country that is a couple of thousand miles away isn't local,

lol, must not have been a lot of Europeans on when you were searching for a match.

Seriously, Treyarch? I can make an emblem the entire world can see with a horse fucking a rabbit or a pair of tits, but I can't use "offensive" words to name my classes....which ONLY I can see? What the fuck is that? Isn't this game rated "M"? Isn't there swearing in the game commentary?

Also, what's with the checkpoints in the campaign? Why do I have to play 30 minutes before a checkpoint? In Veteran I'm going to die, it's inevitable, thanks to grenade spamming and ridiculous marksmanship from AI, even when blind firing. I grind through 100 enemies and 7 rooms only to be killed by a fucking grenade, then I respawn back where I started.

Fuck, I really can't stand this game. I've been playing BFBC2 until MW3 and Battlefield3 come out.

EDIT TO ADD: I absolutely LOVED World at War, so I'm no Treyarch hater...I just can't stand this game.

Edited by Muzzle O Bees

Seriously, Treyarch? I can make an emblem the entire world can see with a horse fucking a rabbit or a pair of tits, but I can't use "offensive" words to name my classes....which ONLY I can see? What the fuck is that? Isn't this game rated "M"? Isn't there swearing in the game commentary?

Also, what's with the checkpoints in the campaign? Why do I have to play 30 minutes before a checkpoint? In Veteran I'm going to die, it's inevitable, thanks to grenade spamming and ridiculous marksmanship from AI, even when blind firing. I grind through 100 enemies and 7 rooms only to be killed by a fucking grenade, then I respawn back where I started.

Fuck, I really can't stand this game. I've been playing BFBC2 until MW3 and Battlefield3 come out.

EDIT TO ADD: I absolutely LOVED World at War, so I'm no Treyarch hater...I just can't stand this game.

yes they didn't have very good checkpoints in this game....

Honestly I love everything about Call of Duty: Black Ops except the random luck of what you get on Zombies level's... Getting two max ammo's in a row on level 1-3 but going levels 24-33 without a single one. Although I will say it makes you a bit better of a player learning what to do when that luck doesn't come your way.

Other than that though, I'd say that everyone is a bit annoyed with the lag issue between countries playing Multiplayer... Either fix it or separate us so we can have a more equal game, There is no reason why I should get killed by someone two seconds after I stabbed them in the face.

It's not down to Treyarch, it's down to filters put in place by Microsoft. Vahn did a long post on it on the Black Ops forums, and it's also in the updates thread here.

Here's a little look at it:

Understanding Profanity Filters. Or: Why I can’t name my class ***ault!

All console manufactures have requirements (known as Technical Requirements, Requirements Checklists, check lot, and other names) in order to publish your game on their system.

All console manufactures (PS3, 360, Wii) also have some form of profanity filter and they require us to use it.

The requirements can be slightly different between the big 3 console makers (what we call 1st parties); so is the technology they use for profanity filtering.

The games rating has nothing to do with requirements the 1st party places on games. It doesn’t matter if your game is rated “M” for Mature or rated “E” for Everyone. All of us have the same requirements.

All that said, in general, any and all user-entered text must go through the 1st party profanity filter. This includes Custom Class names and Clan Tags.

When you try and name your class “Assault” it’s considered user entered text.

We must send it to the 1st party using the API (application programming interface) they provided us. The requirement might be as simple as “all user entered text” and rarely as specific as “all user entered text seen by users other than yourself.”

You enter “Assault.”

We send it to the 1st party.

The 1st party then tells us “Yes” or “No.” It’s very binary. It’s not “No... unless...” Or “Yes... but only if...”

Presumably, the ass in Assault is what flags this as being inappropriate. The 1st parties don’t give us a reason why the text is considered profane.

A whole lot of bitching taking place in this "bitching thread". Just face the facts that you cant do anything to fix the problems that your dealing with and get over it. Make your own crappy game if you dont like what your playing.

So because we don't have the power to do anything about whatever we bitch about you say we're not allowed to bitch about it?

We need some way to get rid of our anger

A whole lot of bitching taking place in this "bitching thread". Just face the facts that you cant do anything to fix the problems that your dealing with and get over it. Make your own crappy game if you dont like what your playing.

How would me making a crappy game help any of these problems? Or anyone else making a crappy game? Would that not just spawn more bitching which is apparently the thing that you are hypocritically against? Yes, I meant to say hypocritically... you bitch about us bitching... :grab

Edited by Grimfel

Back when I played BO, it was just RPG/Famas all the time. Now my cousins are playing and they're just being mowed down by Galil/Pythons. Freaking everyone uses no-skill guns. How come no one ever uses guns like the wa2000, enfield, etc. To anyone who uses these guns, I salute to you.

Try fixing your shitty zombie matchmaking system before bringing out more fucking maps next time. Treyarch fail.

I have no problem with the people they match me with (although I wish there were an option to search for players with/without mics), but I'm certainly bothered by the constant host migrations that inevitably boot you from the lobby. That's unacceptable.