Hardest lvl on legendary solo?

misery

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me it was pillar, but i credit that more-so to my procrastination than the games difficulty. i was stuck at the very last part of the game for almost a month, everytime i tried to use those AA gun my spartan would get raped. so i just gave up for a while, and labelled it as "rigged ass impossible shit"

most of the others can be brushed thru, either with plasma pistol or a speed-run. but on that last level, the last 2 minutes of gameplay took way too long, i just hate being stuck with nowhere to go. cant stand those sections of games where they sit you on a turret, and expect you to magically dodge bullets.

I played through the game on Legendary my first play through and the level that took me the most time was the second half(in side the Covenant ship) of Long Night of Solace but everything else was not to difficult.

Same here. Though if I would've known about the Pelican turret glitch that would've made it WAY easier.

The boss fight with the Field Marshall and the Cannon part of the end of Pillar of Autumn as 2nd.

Screw the Elites - BRUTES are what suck in this game on Legendary. Plasma Pistol + DMR will get you through Elites, and you can kill Grunts, Jackals and Skirmishers with one or two well placed DMR shots, but Brutes take different tactics if in a group.

That said, I agree with the level choice. Pillar of Autumn is pretty long, and it throws everything at you.

I haven't played the first two on Legendary, and I don't think I want too. Two levels of Flood in Halo 3 was awful enough (and Jackal snipers on the first level).

Imo, the last level of ODST was probably worse than anything in this. Buck is my favorite character in the whole series, but damn....

"there's a Banshee....there's a Banshee....shoot, SHOOT SHOOT WHAT THE HELL? I WISH THE AI COULD DRIVE"

Edited by CIF

Brutes take different tactics if in a group.

Super-combine those fools. They have so little self preservation on Legendary with no skulls on that they only will ever use Armor Lock to stop you. Just wait for them to pop out and you can unload on them easily. You can also wait for them to throw a grenade and they won't move at all while you shoot them.

Ah man, that one needs teammates. Once you have a few people assisting you, this achievement is easy as hell.

True. I help people with it all the time because I know where to pop in and out. It's easy once you know the route. But I agree, might be a tad bit hard on solo Legendary.

Super-combine those fools. They have so little self preservation on Legendary with no skulls on that they only will ever use Armor Lock to stop you. Just wait for them to pop out and you can unload on them easily. You can also wait for them to throw a grenade and they won't move at all while you shoot them.

I realized that today while playing Exodus. For some reason, they can all take a Fuel Rod to the face and survive. Anything's better than Hammer-wielding chieftains with Invincibility though.

True. I help people with it all the time because I know where to pop in and out. It's easy once you know the route. But I agree, might be a tad bit hard on solo Legendary.

Indeed, you just need to know what is coming. I did this one a few days ago on my legendary solo attempt. If you get out of the tank to take down the turrets with the DMR it's not so difficult. Also, the two things you are supposed to distroy you can take down from a distance.

I think they all are but I found long night of solace to be but i would say the achievement would be keeping the scorpian intact, took me a few hours but got there

I was able to keep the Scorpion intact with realitively little trouble, and no teamates. I think I diied once or twice at the most.

Im on LNoS right now, and it is a pain.

Nightfall, what a piece of s***. The sniper and pistol do not justify the horde of enemies and lack of cover. I always like to play it safe, and when sniping it's damn near impossible to get en elite. The second the aiming reticle turns red the elite moves not only making head shots difficult but when they move behind cover (and I manage to get at least one shot away) they move and their shield recharges. I like the idea of a speed run, but I don't want to memorize the whole route/timing but I KNOW doing this legit is going to be a pain. At least I'll get some commendation progress done... :cool:

I didn't really spend too much time on each level for anything to stand out and decide which was the hardest.

Nightfall got kind of difficult after Jun disappeared half-way in and I had to go through the rest without a sentient aimbot running around to help. I was amazed how he managed to plant the charge without being there.

Just redid Long Night of Solace today/yesterday - not that bad. I died more times in the Sabre than anywhere else - having a shotgun, Rocket Launcher and drop shield for dropping into the Zealot map area really helps.

Gotta love walking into the Corvette control room in full view of everyone, whacking the Elite at the controls in the back and then assassinating the General right after he does the "battle cry" or whatever.

Nightfall, what a piece of s***. The sniper and pistol do not justify the horde of enemies and lack of cover. I always like to play it safe, and when sniping it's damn near impossible to get en elite. The second the aiming reticle turns red the elite moves not only making head shots difficult but when they move behind cover (and I manage to get at least one shot away) they move and their shield recharges.

This is exactly why I hated Nightfall as well. Too many enemies all coming at you at once and if your s*** with the sniper rifle then your screwed for most of the level. I don't even bother with this one anymore unless I'm playing co-op.