By the way, you can move items to and from the vault using the Companion App

Hishoa

One of the many unlisted changes in the most recent patchnotes. Give it a try. It can be done for any of your three characters and works real-time (e.g. while playing Destiny) and even allows you to split item stacks. Note that you can't move items from character to character; the vault is still the middle-man.

Edited by Hishoa

Now if Bungie could add a way to buy items from Xur using the app that would be great. I could take my coins out and buy something when I'm away from home or not on the game.

Yeah, let's push people out of the game some more. :confused:

Instead of growing this damn companion app, I'd rather see this energy used to streamline the in-game experience. We could eliminate the need for the majority of vault access via more streamlined menu options, or (you heard it here first), a larger inventory. How about being able to access the map via our inventory screens as opposed to dicking around in orbit, which should really only be necessary for setting up a fireteam/private match.

I'm surprised there aren't adds on the companion app considering how hard they go out of their way to force us to it. I'm beginning to wonder if this was meant to be a mobile game all along and the FPS bit was added in with the day one update.

Edited by WalterWhite

This is great. Makes switching gear between my acts much more intuitive.

Instead of growing this damn companion app, I'd rather see this energy used to streamline the in-game experience. We could eliminate the need for the majority of vault access via more streamlined menu options, or (you heard it here first), a larger inventory. How about being able to access the map via our inventory screens as opposed to dicking around in orbit, which should really only be necessary for setting up a fireteam/private match.

It would have been nice if they eliminated the tower completely and let you do everything from the ship.

I just lost a fully upgraded MURMUR using this.

I moved it to the vault and then went with my other character to pick it up and guess what it's gone from the vault with nowhere to be found nore is it with any other character, this is some serious BS.

I bet I won't be getting this back..

Are you unable to find it using the Companion App or can you not find it when accessing your vault via the Xbox?

I just lost a fully upgraded MURMUR using this.

I moved it to the vault and then went with my other character to pick it up and guess what it's gone from the vault with nowhere to be found nore is it with any other character, this is some serious BS.

I bet I won't be getting this back..

Are you unable to find it using the Companion App or can you not find it when accessing your vault via the Xbox?

This. And are you sure it got moved to the vault? I noticed this happened to me only to find out my vault was full without knowing it.

Yeah, let's push people out of the game some more. :confused:

I'm surprised there aren't adds on the companion app considering how hard they go out of their way to force us to it. I'm beginning to wonder if this was meant to be a mobile game all along and the FPS bit was added in with the day one update.

So if someone is out of town or can't access their game they shouldn't have options??

So if someone is out of town or can't access their game they shouldn't have options??

Destiny is a console game. Expecting to be able to do everything you can in the Tower on a smartphone will take out any reason to go to the tower. Surely you can understand why Bungie doesn't want that to happen.

If you're out of town or can't play your game, well.. tough luck. Should I have had access to WoW on my smartphone when there were timed events? I sure don't think so; more times than not I knew when these events were and could work them into my schedule, as are you are able to do with Xur. If you feel Xur is more important than whatever reason it is you have to be out of town, that's entirely up to you.

This. And are you sure it got moved to the vault? I noticed this happened to me only to find out my vault was full without knowing it.

I get where you're coming from dude but the weapons section of my vault is never full.

This weapon has completely disappeared, it's not in my vault or with any of my characters.

I know it's only one weapon but it's a weapon I always use when playing. I'm seriously pissed off right now

i get where you're coming from dude but the weapons section of my vault is never full.

This weapon has completely disappeared, it's not in my vault or with any of my characters.

I know it's only one weapon but it's a weapon i always use when playing. I'm seriously pissed off right now

are you unable to find it using the companion app or can you not find it when accessing your vault via the xbox?

. . . . . . .

Destiny is a console game. Expecting to be able to do everything you can in the Tower on a smartphone will take out any reason to go to the tower. Surely you can understand why Bungie doesn't want that to happen.

If you're out of town or can't play your game, well.. tough luck. Should I have had access to WoW on my smartphone when there were timed events? I sure don't think so; more times than not I knew when these events were and could work them into my schedule, as are you are able to do with Xur. If you feel Xur is more important than whatever reason it is you have to be out of town, that's entirely up to you.

Your logic is completely ignorant but whatever right? I mean shit you can already move items around with the app why not purchase items from vendors?

Also just because they would have these options on the app doesn't mean the Tower would be obsolete. Use your head please.

Allowing you to use the mobile vault is an addition to the game without you being on the game already it seems pretty pointless. Allowing you to use vendors is a replacement allowing you to do skip coming on the game entirely, something that I doubt Bungie wants. I'd be surprised if they did allow mobile access to vendors (and I don't think they should be able to).

Also just because they would have these options on the app doesn't mean the Tower would be obsolete. Use your head please.

Uh, yes it would. Why would anyone bother going to The Tower if they could purchase materials, bounties, shaders, or anything else that the vendors have to offer from their phones? Literally the only reasons people would go to the Tower at that point would be to turn in bounties, collect Postmaster rewards or decrypt engrams. But looking at what you've already said, I bet you also want to be able to do those very things from your phone as well which would make the Tower about as useful as the Reef. I really doubt Bungie would want to make the Vanguard Hall, the Hanger and the Speaker's area completely pointless. Or do you disagree?

Use your head please.

http://i.imgur.com/I15tFYf.png

Edited by Hishoa