Achievement Guide

Bishop24

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide. For "You Are The Richest", I used 4 controllers on Tycoon mode of developer. This way I was sure to win every mini game and roll high early then low later to avoid taxes. In Tycoon it allows you to trade every 3 rounds (only with one other player though it seems), so I'd offer another 'player' one property for all of theirs. Once I had the majority, it was just a matter of keeping all properties on the board in play, as taxes can return them to the bank. I think I unlocked it in round 8.

I saw something about using one controller for 4 human players but I didn't know you could do that, so I ended up using 4 controllers which was a little annoying.. but someone else could confirm if you could control all 4 with one controller.

Great guide. For "You Are The Richest", I used 4 controllers on Tycoon mode of developer. This way I was sure to win every mini game and roll high early then low later to avoid taxes. In Tycoon it allows you to trade every 3 rounds (only with one other player though it seems), so I'd offer another 'player' one property for all of theirs. Once I had the majority, it was just a matter of keeping all properties on the board in play, as taxes can return them to the bank. I think I unlocked it in round 8.

I saw something about using one controller for 4 human players but I didn't know you could do that, so I ended up using 4 controllers which was a little annoying.. but someone else could confirm if you could control all 4 with one controller.

You can control all four in Classic, but not in Richest. The inconsistency there is a bit baffling.

The achievement 'Jet Setter' is not nearly as easy as the guide suggests.

In order to get this, you need to own all properties on all boards at one point or another. I suggest playing through and getting other achievements, and after that you will probavly have a few properties per board that you haven't previously owned. To check this, click the blue book icon before starting a game and scan through the boards.

You need to acquire all properties through normal or developer game modes. In order to unlock the cardboard board you need to aquire all properites on the other 8 boards. Then you can play the cardboard board and buy all those properties to unlock it. It should immediately unlock once you own all properties on the cardboard board.

I found the easiest method once I had most of the properties was to play a normal game with 4 human players using one controller. Whenever I landed on any unowned property, I would auction it then buy it for the minimum amount with player 1. Keep track of the properties you need using that little blue book before selecting a board to play on. Write them down if you need to. Keep rolling around until you buy the properties you need, then you can quit. It does take a while. Don't buy any houses or hotels and the other players should be able to roll around long enough for you to get the properties you need. Once you get them all, you can just quit or start building houses/hotels to bankrupt the other players and move onto the next board.

Good luck :)

[quote

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/712/-r2pZg==.jpgSight Seer-20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg Unlock a passport. Awarded to the passport holder.

You unlock passports by winning on specific boards. I got this achievement after the first game I played so you should as well. Just make sure you win the game and the achievement should unlock.

*You can use 2 controller to help you get this achievement*

I'm not sure about this. My wife and I played and I unlocked the achievement and I think I owned about 3 or 4 properties. She wound up winning the game overall and never got the achievement.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure about this. My wife and I played and I unlocked the achievement and I think I owned about 3 or 4 properties. She wound up winning the game overall and never got the achievement.

Thoughts?

To fill a passport book, you need to have owned all properties on that board at least once at some time or another. This can be in normal or developer game modes. It doesn't matter how long you own it or if you have it at the end of the game. When you get a new property, you'll see that blue book pop up.

Maybe you had played previous games on that board, or had more properties earlier in the game.. either way, there was at least one property your wife had not owned at any point for that board.

You can click the blue book before selecting a game board to scan through and see which ones you have for each board.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/712/-r2pZg==.jpgFrom The Flames-50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg Come from last in the previous round to win overall in any mode of Richest

I used four controllers so that I could control all four "human" players and made sure that I was in last place and that the other 3 were pretty even. In fact, I even went into the last round with no properties.

After the mini-game, I picked the low number die for myself and used the high number dice for the others. The key for me was Community Chest, which they each landed on. This allowed me to steal properties that the other players were sitting on. By doing that, I was able to not only steal those specific properties, but also acquire others via rent. This is even more effective if you steal a monopoly that another player is sitting on. I wound up winning by a comfortable margin ($3,000 or so).

That was the last one; 1000/1000 for me. :woop:

To fill a passport book, you need to have owned all properties on that board at least once at some time or another. This can be in normal or developer game modes. It doesn't matter how long you own it or if you have it at the end of the game. When you get a new property, you'll see that blue book pop up.

Maybe you had played previous games on that board, or had more properties earlier in the game.. either way, there was at least one property your wife had not owned at any point for that board.

You can click the blue book before selecting a game board to scan through and see which ones you have for each board.

This was the first game that I played. I thought the achievement unlocked for my wife because it was on her turn (she has her profile) but it showed up under me. she never got the achievement and she bankrupted all the players so she had control of the entire board.

I don't know...

Couple of tips

1) 1 game of tycoon or even industrialist on any board should see all properties purchased, this will fill your passport for this board. Each game takes about 40mins with 4 pads easy money

2)Play Classic mode with one pad 2 players. All achievements will unlock on your profile regaurdless of which player achieves them, for example if you play a 2 player game to completion with one pad. When the game ends (with one player going bankrupt) you will get the achievment for winning a game by bankrupting a player and the Achievment for being bankrupted. this goes for all other classic mode AP's you should get them all in one game if you know monopoly.

3) the game unlocks end of mode achievments (in richest) before it saves. So if you turn the console off just after the AP unlocks you can reload the last round and change the outcome. I used this to get

He who controls the dice (win every mini game in developer)

Last but not least (win all mini games but dont win)

A quick Victory (Win a game of developer)

From the flames (Come from last place in the final round to win)

in one game!

Basically i played developer with 4 pads. Won every mini game and chose whatever dice i felt like. made sure i had very few properties throughout (easy with control of all 4 players) ended R5 in last place. Pick a low dice for the 6th round. Upon finishing mini game 6 you will unlock "he who controls the dice". Then pick a low die and hope the game allows you some fortune (it seems to favour the lastr place person, i always get community chest and the ability to take over occupied squares in clockwise sequence, i often end the game with all the properteies lol) upon winning you will unlock

A quick victory

from the flames

Restart the console immediately after unlock

Go back into richest-developer and load game

now just lose instead (is actually a bit hard lol)

unlock last but not least :)

fairly economical round

Another TIP To unlock the pasports quicker just load up a game of developer on a board you need passports for, then just play the first round, the passports will unlock for all properties landed on. Click A as player one to speed through the property allocation then quit and repeat. do two or three times per board and then go back through clearing up the last few on each

IMPORTANT!- this needs to be done with multiple pads, passports DO NOT unlock for locations bought by the computer only by humans. 4 pads with a good roll will unlock 20 properties or more !!!To save the progress in your passport you must advance past the leaderboard to the next round before quitting out!!!

Edited by Ultra_extreme

Question about Globe Trotter..

Does the one player have to land on all.. Or can this be combined through all players?

'Cause I was playing as all four with one controller & I thought I could get this once all spaces were owned, but I haven't got it..

So, how exactly does this work out? I have to be lucky enough with one player to land on every SINGLE space? :\

Thanks for the help.

-My luck is a bit low as I can't get the luck achievements with the doubles.-

only thing that sucks about playing this game is the fact that you can't hurry it along. My g/f has the old version of Monopoly Party for PS2 and you can just press A to skip the movement of the pieces and that stuff and turn off the commentary. unless i'm missing something you can't in this game and it's kind of annoying

For the globetrotter achievement do you have to land on every property in one game and does it have to be in classic or can it be in richest mode.

I'm pretty positive it has to be done in one game (I've landed on every property over several games and have not got the achievement) and it can be in either mode as it does not specify in the achievement description what mode it must be done in.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty positive it has to be done in one game (I've landed on every property over several games and have not got the achievement) and it can be in either mode as it does not specify in the achievement description what mode it must be done in.

for globetrotter: by every property, does it mean any space purchasable or every square that can be landed on?

i have landed on every purchasable property (but have not bought all properties i've landed on) does this matter towards getting the achievement?

for globetrotter: by every property, does it mean any space purchasable or every square that can be landed on?

i have landed on every purchasable property (but have not bought all properties i've landed on) does this matter towards getting the achievement?

It should not make a difference as the achievement description says just land on every property. It does not say buy every property. Are you sure you've landed on every single property on the board and that you have not missed one by mistake?

It should not make a difference as the achievement description says just land on every property. It does not say buy every property. Are you sure you've landed on every single property on the board and that you have not missed one by mistake?

yeah i'm postive I have, i'm using a print-out checklist. the only thing i can think of is that i've quit the game and come back in. or perhaps i accidently marked something off. but thanks for the clarification bishop.

Another tip I don't believe I saw on here... you need four ACTUAL controllers to play this game. Guitar Hero controllers do work for Classic mode but not Richest as you need analog sticks to select things.

I can't wrap my head around they let you use one controller for four players in Classic, but not Richest. I honestly don't think I have the patience to play this abysmal game legit with one controller to get all the achs.

I can't wrap my head around they let you use one controller for four players in Classic, but not Richest. I honestly don't think I have the patience to play this abysmal game legit with one controller to get all the achs.

How are 4 players meant to compete against each other in the minigames at the same time if there is only one controller?

That is the reason.