Any campaign tips? Please!

1mpr3gn4t0r

Hi, does anyone have tips on the campaign? I'm playing on Hard as recommended by the Roadmap and I'm finding it super tough. At least in the previous game you had health potions and ninpo at your disposal.

I was OK with NG2, did the playthrough without using any weapons, to unlock the individual weapon achievement etc But I'm finding NG3 super tough, with no super moves/combos like there were in NG2, plus the enemies keep on coming and you have no idea when it will stop.

I've made it to the beginning of Day 3, but I can't get to the first check point. I've watched the youtube vids etc but for some reason, the video looks much easier than my version, not sure if it's because the vid was on PS3 or if I have the Xbox PAL version or just my imagination.

Any tips on techniques, tactics strategies, your favourite combo - anything would be greatly appreciated. It seems that Flying Swallow (?) has been severely nerfed in NG3 and jumping/sliding/blocking doesn't do anything to prevent getting hurt.

Thank you.

Ye and probably ultimate ninja will make master ninja looks easy too, i just hope thay dont put 20 enemies at once on the screen causing framerate issues, i think they could put some different enemies for ultimate ninja but i doubt this :)

Edited by AndreFlash83

Hi, does anyone have tips on the campaign? I'm playing on Hard as recommended by the Roadmap and I'm finding it super tough. At least in the previous game you had health potions and ninpo at your disposal.

I was OK with NG2, did the playthrough without using any weapons, to unlock the individual weapon achievement etc But I'm finding NG3 super tough, with no super moves/combos like there were in NG2, plus the enemies keep on coming and you have no idea when it will stop.

I've made it to the beginning of Day 3, but I can't get to the first check point. I've watched the youtube vids etc but for some reason, the video looks much easier than my version, not sure if it's because the vid was on PS3 or if I have the Xbox PAL version or just my imagination.

Any tips on techniques, tactics strategies, your favourite combo - anything would be greatly appreciated. It seems that Flying Swallow (?) has been severely nerfed in NG3 and jumping/sliding/blocking doesn't do anything to prevent getting hurt.

Thank you.

Man i'll give you a hint try to download the videos for the trials on any difficult there are many trials with clip, they can teach you a lot of strategies and moves for the enemies on the campaign.

is there a easy way to do day 1, Before you go into the area with all the smoke Gate and bus area Stupid Red hat thing are pissing me right off

Master ninja, Might not be so bad if it wasnt for the stupid frame rate!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble at this part. For me this was the worst and hardest part of the Master Ninja run, all because of the stupid framerate problems and not being able to do anything properly.

Izuna drops | on-landing 360YXXXY | X+A, A, | Ninpo & Ultimate Technique will be the things you will be (or should be) doing the most near that bus area.

All I can say is: keep trying and don't give up, it gets easier after that. (except for the final boss where the frame-rate decides to play up again -.-).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble at this part. For me this was the worst and hardest part of the Master Ninja run, all because of the stupid framerate problems and not being able to do anything properly.

Izuna drops | on-landing 360YXXXY | X+A, A, | Ninpo & Ultimate Technique will be the things you will be (or should be) doing the most near that bus area.

All I can say is: keep trying and don't give up, it gets easier after that. (except for the final boss where the frame-rate decides to play up again -.-).

what about the rockets by the truck?

seems that Flying Swallow (?) has been severely nerfed in NG3 and jumping/sliding/blocking doesn't do anything to prevent getting hurt.
I don't know what game you're playing. The Flying Swallow is the most over powered attack in the game, at least assuming it isn't blocked, and even if it is blocked at high levels you can just do it again immediately. Do you know what the Flying Swallow is? Because when you do it (A, forward, and Y) and hit ANY humanoid enemy you instantly kill them. And sliding/blocking prevents damage still, it's the only way to survive the helicopter boss and the end game boss.

Easiest way to beat the bosses as far as I've figured is to run around the boss until they finish a combo, and then press Y while using the sword. You'll slash them in the back of the knees. The only bosses that you don't need to do this against are the "Shadow Ryu" and the tentacle woman freak. Neither of them defend very well, and the shadow Ryu is susceptible to the Izuna Drop XYXXXY.

Edited by Foxhound300

• 8 months later...

I need help in day 3 hard mode i'm getting destroyed literally in seconds. I'm at the part where you go through a door and then you get to a small open space where there is a turret on the stairs blocking the way. If i stay on the ground the dogs and the knife throwing guys destroy me in seconds. Problem is i get hit so much that i can't do anything myself and they seem to throw those knives more frequently than before (maybe i'm imagining that lol). I've tried pussying my way through it by using jump and bow attacks, but they still manage to hit me too many times and since i don't get any ninpo doing that i'm unable to heal myself. Also the amount of dudes is ridiculous they just keep on coming.

What should i be doing to get past this? By far the hardest fight i've gotten into so far.

Edit: I managed to get past it now. I played a few trials and learned how to do izuna drop consistently (i had only done it once accidentally) also i'm now obliterating the "weakened" dudes.

Edited by Mutalus