Neighslayer Achievement Unlocked

There was a post on here a guy re-stated what the Achievement says he is correct. The achievement says:

"Hit 4 Enemies With a Single Hobby Horse Ground Smash"

You must HIT 4 enemies NOT KILL

Doesnt matter if you use DLC or LOCK-ON

What I did: Nightmare Difficulty cause enemies are tougher

Removed the CHECKMATE DLC dress, so I wasnt doing double damage, put on the Hobby Horse, just cause. Hobby Horse must have the 3 move combo: small smash, swing, ground smash w/ shockwave. (Edit: Lvl 1 Hobby Horse is Okay thanks defaultdotxbe for clearing that up)

This is exactly how I did it:

Went to the famous slug area in chapter 3 to the right of the 2nd puzzle.

Gathered up all the slugs, with NO clockwork bomb. Stood a good distance from the group. locked on for the first move, released lock on now I was at least going in the right direction, Bam shockwave hit the slugs, none died pop goes the Achievement.

:woop:

Edited by Yakuza James

Actually it sounds a lot different, mainly not killing the enemies, but whatever, post was to help out seems many still cant get it.

Well to kill an enemy you have to hit it...? :confused:

I get that you are trying to help. Like I said, doesn't sound like you did much different, imo.

Edit: honestly not trying to sound like a dick. I hope this is the solution to the problem so it will make the achievement easier for other people.

Edited by StolenPaper18

Well to kill an enemy you have to hit it...? :confused:

I get that you are trying to help. Like I said, doesn't sound like you did much different, imo.

Edit: honestly not trying to sound like a dick. I hope this is the solution to the problem so it will make the achievement easier for other people.

Of course you have to hit an enemy to kill it the key here is not to kill the enemy just hit it with the shockwave from the ground smash.

All I did with this post is take all the info I used and put it together in one post. all the other posts seemed to have justs bits of info. As soon as I tested all the other posts the cheevo did not pop for me, so this is how i did it

I've tried doing this in multiple places and it still won't unlock for me. I make sure the weapon is out before I try. I never put a bomb down because I'm afraid I'll hit it and it won't count. I've hit (on the 3rd hit) and not killed 4 slithering ruin, 4 wasps, and the 4 enemies at the hysteria tutorial. Nothing works. VERY buggy achievement and I'm fed up with it. Hopefully there is a patch or a clear-cut method discovered.

Just kidding, got it. I think the key is to make a post on the internet about how frustrated you are, then it will unlock on your next try ;)

/at least that is usually the case for me

hehe, always works for me 2, though I did'nt have to with this one luckly.:uzi:

Nothing is working for me and its the last achievement I need.

Edit - Went through the game put it on Hard since my hammer was leveled up all the way and did the level 1 Hysteria part in the Always Elevenses section.

I think the game is rather picky about the hit boxes on characters on that ground hit. I did use a bomb and I didn't use LT to target. Found it too easy to get spun around if they move.

Edited by bizarro13

I got this on 2nd playthrough doing in Nightmare. In first chapter, there is a part where you get a few bolterfly and the blacksludge monsters(haha i forgot there f'in names) not to long after getting the peppergun. I waited for about 3-4 boterflys with the two sh*tmonsters in front of them. Started my attack alittle beforehand and got the final smack on all 4. I think the harder the enemies the better chance, but it could be glitchy I guess.

I got this on 2nd playthrough doing in Nightmare. In first chapter, there is a part where you get a few bolterfly and the blacksludge monsters(haha i forgot there f'in names) not to long after getting the peppergun. I waited for about 3-4 boterflys with the two sh*tmonsters in front of them. Started my attack alittle beforehand and got the final smack on all 4. I think the harder the enemies the better chance, but it could be glitchy I guess.

I believe the harder difficulty helps in not accidentally killing enemies. I swore once I killed 5 bolterflies and didn't get it, but I really think it's sensitive to that last hit and who is actually in range of the hit.

I believe the harder difficulty helps in not accidentally killing enemies. I swore once I killed 5 bolterflies and didn't get it, but I really think it's sensitive to that last hit and who is actually in range of the hit.

Nightmare bud, hope you do sort it somepoint.

Finally got this one. Took me for-fucking-ever though. I know I was hitting 4 slugs on easy in chaper 3. I used the spot that Mr.Taste used as well.

Loaded up Chaper 1-Hatter's Domain and then "Slug with a Shell". very little travel to get to the Duchess shack and get the pepper grinder to open up the back door.

When I got out there I destroyed the hives but left the blotterfies alone. made my way to the back by the last set of hives and got into the corner area just to the left of where the road curves up. Got surrounded, faced the wall, swung towards the wall 2x then turned around for the 3rd swing and the achievement popped. I had one of the sludge things come down the ramp and join in but I don't know that I even hit him. I was surrounded by about 6 or 8 flies.

I had it on nightmare when I got it.

Finally got this one. Took me for-fucking-ever though. I know I was hitting 4 slugs on easy in chaper 3. I used the spot that Mr.Taste used as well.

Loaded up Chaper 1-Hatter's Domain and then "Slug with a Shell". very little travel to get to the Duchess shack and get the pepper grinder to open up the back door.

When I got out there I destroyed the hives but left the blotterfies alone. made my way to the back by the last set of hives and got into the corner area just to the left of where the road curves up. Got surrounded, faced the wall, swung towards the wall 2x then turned around for the 3rd swing and the achievement popped. I had one of the sludge things come down the ramp and join in but I don't know that I even hit him. I was surrounded by about 6 or 8 flies.

Wicked stuff matey, glad that part of my advice helped there. I found that to be best area, you can even leave the hives alone if can survive long enough, or destroyed 1 etc. Defo the more bolterflys around the better. :uzi:Loving this game so much, even doing the collectibles seems fun lol.

Wicked stuff matey, glad that part of my advice helped there. I found that to be best area, you can even leave the hives alone if can survive long enough, or destroyed 1 etc. Defo the more bolterflys around the better. :uzi:Loving this game so much, even doing the collectibles seems fun lol.

I found the slimebabies didn't show up unless I took out the hives.

I found the slimebabies didn't show up unless I took out the hives.

Agh right, my apology I did'nt realise. I have a bad memory lol and Slimebabies thankyou. I played the whole game and totally forgot there names hehe. Everyone should try what DarthSoth did, hopefuly those that did'nt get, will do so. Seems to sorta be best place if you glitched in other areas of game.

I tried every way to do this & had no luck until I tried this method. It worked first time, thanks so much

Finally got this at the weekend.

Got it at the slug bit in Chapter 3- no DLC max upgraded horse-nightmare difficulty

Was trying for ages- killing all 4 slugs, just hurting them- nothing seemed to work til I locked on to the group then just before the last swing connected I let go of lock on and it popped:confused::woop:

I got the game over the weekend, been enjoying it.

I got this achievement completely by accident on chapter 2.. I believe it was in a Radula Room just outside the theatre(?) with the fish standing around outside buildings. The Radula Room in question had you on a platform with the hare and another character towering over you.. You have to survive a wave of enemies that are the little troll looking guys with pitchforks, some of them carry shields.. I was swarmed by them at one point and all I did was swing the hobby horse in the crowd and got the achievement, I didn't use lock on.

Hope this helps.

Edited by jae200

I got the game over the weekend, been enjoying it.

I got this achievement completely by accident on chapter 2.. I believe it was in a Radula Room just outside the theatre(?) with the fish standing around outside buildings. The Radula Room in question had you on a platform with the hare and another character towering over you.. You have to survive a wave of enemies that are the little troll looking guys with pitchforks, some of them carry shields.. I was swarmed by them at one point and all I did was swing the hobby horse in the crowd and got the achievement, I didn't use lock on.

Hope this helps.

thats exactly how i got it too, same place, same technique