FAQs and Information Thread [*Spoilers*]

DarkReign2021

The ability to pass the grifball is the one thing that's been missing from the game.

I wonder if someone from the other team will be able to intercept passes too.

Edit: More Halo4Follower

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhX8sDIpiik]Halo 4 News - Vidoc, DLC, Gameplay, Assassinations, & Interviews! - YouTube[/ame]

Check out the new assassinations in action near the beginning, watch the new ViDoc, see what you make of all the new info.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to pass the grifball is the one thing that's been missing from the game.

I wonder if someone from the other team will be able to intercept passes too.

Edit: More Halo4Follower

Check out the new assassinations in action near the beginning, watch the new ViDoc, see what you make of all the new info.

Saw the ODST helmet in video, its the Green spartan when hes assasinating the yellow with flag

No Flood in Halo 4.

do you see that as a good or bad thing? i did see a lot of sneak peaks at the new enemy 343 introduced, the prometheons who are a native species on that planet chief + cortana land on. they seem pretty interesting, and bring some new wepaons to the game.

however, i would kind of rather just have the flood back:p. i know this may be conflicting with most halo fans thoughts, but i enjoyed the flood missions. they would be kind of creepy, pretty challenging and i would be so happy to GTFO and see friendly marines again. however, those spider guys that climb onto walls and turn into turrets, then transform into a giant tank the second it is about to die... those things make me rage hard.

Edited by niko da bos

That was boring as hell. I hope that's not every mission in a nutshell.

You just basically said the Campaign looks boring as hell, in which case, I don't know what to say. They were also playing on Normal and from the looks of it, the player had already ran through that mission before.

I can honestly say that Firefight wasn't any better. After you played all the maps, everything was EXTREMELY repetitive.

It doesn't seem all too bad. Spartan Ops, I mean. Hopefully there'll be different objectives to it, not just clear the area of enemies.

agreed, im pretty sure i heard they will have some objectives for the spartan ops. i watched some youtube vid where 343 did an in-depth look at each game mode. if it was just "clear the area," that would be basically firefight. which was pretty repetitive as j0ker mentioned.

i would be so happy if they had a surprise spartan OPS mission with the flood:). im pretty sure that wouldnt happen, but they are updating new episodes every so often to the gamemode. although i would imagine if the flood wasnt planned in the coding of the game, it might be near impossible to add them in. not sure, as im not that good with the technical stuff:p

So......in my research the console bundle lists a copy of the Standard Edition game. Does that mean the console bundle is without the Limited Edition content? So does getting the Console Bundle not net you everything and below? Im just having a hard time piecing together what comes with what.

That is correct. It's been like this with every Halo console for some reason. Pay ALL that money and the least they could do is bump you up to a better edition. It really screws people out of their money since they have to get two.

Not an issue for me though :p I've got a copy of the regular and limited edition pre-ordered at two different places and the Xbox 360 pre-ordered as well. I'll have 3 copies of Halo 4 by time I'm done here.

• 2 weeks later...
True, all too true. Many seem to say it sounds like it will work like a CoD title. Yet we still have our shields as seen in the screenshots, and 343i hasn't mentioned a word about killstreaks. I guess we'll have to wait until E3 to see how the whole smorgasbord plays out, right? Personally I don't think they'll show off the campaign there, in my eyes 343i wants to keep the campaign as mysterious as possible. But it sounds like they want it to play out like Combat Evolved, story wise. I mean,

SPOILER FOR THE REST OF MY POST IN REGARDS TO HALO 4'S OPENING SEQUENCE

like how during The Pillar of Autumn level in Combat Evolved, you were facing a seemingly unknown threat (the Covenant) and here they are again, trying to kill you in The Forward Unto Dawn in Halo 4. You manage to land on this Dyson Sphere, Requiem, and explore it, just like the second level in Combat Evolved. For all we know, the Covenant could be trying to harness the power of Requiem (or the "bigger unknown threat" as 343i put it) as the Dyson Sphere collects power from the sun. So I'm guessing Chief will blow it up and return to Earth safe and sound at the end of Halo 4. Yippee. God, that sounds terrible. Watch that be what the plot is. Called it. The only thing I can hope is that 343i will have more imagination than that. There are multiple Dyson Spheres, the one hidden by the planet Onyx is different than Reqiuem...so I'd imagine Chief will end up blowing those to bits too. I'm still pondering as to how Cortana's rampancy will play out. 343i did mention that that this "Reclaimer trilogy" will play out similar to the original Star wars trilogy. So Halo 5 will have a darker theme than Halo 4. Hmm...Chief finds out about his father in Halo 5. You saw it first here folks.

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for H4, but I still can't wait to see it. It's bullshit it's not even the same goddamn writer as the original trilogy. Hell, I heard the bitch did some interview where she said that she didn't even read the other Halo novels and just starts writing how she pleases without taking the past into account. If that fucking light bulb is in this after we finally got to fry his sparky ass in H3, I will NOT be happy.

I'm really tired of all the pointless info about armor options and grifball though. When are they gonna tell us exactly how the goddamn ranking system works and how it's not broken like Reach was?

Edited by Viper187

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for H4, but I still can't wait to see it. It's bullshit it's not even the same goddamn writer as the original trilogy. Hell, I heard the bitch did some interview where she said that she didn't even read the other Halo novels and just starts writing how she pleases without taking the past into account. If that fucking light bulb is in this after we finally got to fry his sparky ass in H3, I will NOT be happy.

Are you sure that wasn't Karen Traviss? The New Writer of the Post Halo 3 trilogy of Books? She Most Definitely did not read any of the Previous books, and I didn't think she had anything to do with Halo beyond her books.

i still don't understand how forerunners would be a threat in halo 4. They've practically vanished from the universe for quite a few centuries, so how is there still a rift between them and humanity? Do the forerunners still remember their war with the humans?

Yet if forerunners are inhabiting the dyson sphere, i guess they could be upset with chief and the covenant for compromising their safety...but that sounds stupid. I guess we might have to wait for the third book in the forerunner saga and see if more of the story will be unveiled then?

woah man why you gotta copy me word for word i typed this on page 3

you did this in that new promethean info thread too

you're freaking me out man, you're freaking me out!

Gamestop is SOLD OUT of LE's!!

Christ. I hope that's only the website. If my store is sold out this early I'll be annoyed. I have a pre-order in at NewEgg just in case, but I was hoping to just pick this up at midnight. I got other Halo at midnight releases without preordering until a month away or less.

Gamestop is SOLD OUT of LE's!!

This is Exactly why I asked this Very Specific Question in this thread when the Limited Edition was first Announced.

Limited Edition Announced

Any word on How limited this is? I won't be able to make it to the Gamestop to upgrade until the 25th and I absolutely don't want to miss out.

If its actually limited, I may have to make a few phone calls.

About as limited as the rest. Limited is just a buzz word as far as I'm concerned.

Understandable, but every now and then we get a limited edition that Actually is Limited. Mass Effect 3's collectors edition was one of these I believe, also the Halo Reach Legendary Edition.

If I'm Wrong about those two thats fine, but there are also things like Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3's Hardened edition which are only available for pre-order for a certain amount of time.

This is what I was asking about. Whether or not there was any word if Halo 4's Limited edition was Actually Limited.

This seems to be the Trend of 2012. More and more games are making Limited Editions actually Limited. At least at Gamestop, hopefully people are still able to order the Limited Edition elsewhere.

This is Exactly why I asked this Very Specific Question in this thread when the Limited Edition was first Announced.

Limited Edition Announced

This seems to be the Trend of 2012. More and more games are making Limited Editions actually Limited. At least at Gamestop, hopefully people are still able to order the Limited Edition elsewhere.

It's stupid. Now I have to wait for UPS to bring mine from NewEgg. Seriously though. They have no business selling out of things nearly 2 months before the release. If people are buying it, MAKE MORE. Supply and demand, bitch. This limited edition bullshit needs to stop. For that matter, Mass Effect's was called "Collector's Edition" not even titled "Limited" and they pulled this shit. It's stupid. FYI, I picked put the Reach Legendary edition for $75 from Walmart July 2011. Stupid they wanted $150 and the only thing you got extra in-game was the flames. I bought the Gears console when it went on sale cause I didn't want the junk with the Epic edition and I needed a backup console anyway.

I might go see what the line is like at Walmart for midnight release just for the hell of it.