More DLC Pretty Much Confirmed

iBuzz7S

Dude either you're a troll completely stupid. You say you don't like the game but yet you bought EVERY piece of dlc available even the costumes? Either you're lying about not liking the game or lying about buying all dlc because both of those things can't be true. It doesn't make sense. Its like someone who hates fruit walking into a grocery store filling up their cart with fruit and then complaining to the checkout person "Why do you keep selling fruit? Don't you realize I don't want any?" Nobody in their right mind buys something and then after realizing they don't like it still continues to buy it at every opportunity.

Well said. Could not agree more.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt it. They're going to milk this thing for all its worth and release another pass.

Me too. I wish I waited for an ultimate edition or something.

Yeah I preordered this and had it day one but cause of uni didn't end up playing it til a month again, if I'd of known I would of saved a load of money

I'll never understand why people think BL2's DLC was terrible. Did they play any of the DLC for the first game? Secret Armory was the only good one. Zombie Island was ok, Robot Revolution was pretty bad and Underdome was the single worst piece of DLC I ever played. With the exception of Big Game Hunt, I enjoyed them all.

People also like to talk trash about Gearbox for outsourcing DLC. This has been going on for a LONG time and they are hardly the first developer to do so. Did Id Software do any of the mission packs for Quake I&II? Nope. Bungie has outsourced Halo maps to Certain Affinity, and Gearbox themselves got their start by making Half-Life expansions for Valve.

Say what you want about the Aliens: CM mess, but they've handled Borderlands just fine. Yes, the level cap increase took longer than most of us would have liked, but at least they were honest and explained that it ended up being a lot more work than they anticipated. They went ahead and made that free for season pass holders and have released two additional characters; one of which was free with preorders. It just sickens me that so many entitled gamers out there complain that all DLC should be free, or that developers are being greedy. Are you oblivious to the fact that game studios are closing left and right? It's tougher than ever to survive in the video game industry, and many developers are doing whatever they can to stay afloat. Cut them some slack.

Sorry for the rant, but I've had these thoughts bottled up for a while and it seemed like a good time to let them out. Again, I'm not giving Gearbox a pass on Aliens, and all the heat they took on that subject was warranted.

As for more DLC, I'm excited even though I feel they should have just ended BL2 on a high note with Dragon Keep and saved the Moon Base for BL3.

Dude either you're a troll completely stupid. You say you don't like the game but yet you bought EVERY piece of dlc available even the costumes? Either you're lying about not liking the game or lying about buying all dlc because both of those things can't be true. It doesn't make sense. Its like someone who hates fruit walking into a grocery store filling up their cart with fruit and then complaining to the checkout person "Why do you keep selling fruit? Don't you realize I don't want any?" Nobody in their right mind buys something and then after realizing they don't like it still continues to buy it at every opportunity.
I think trading games in is stupid. I bought my 360 in 2008 with Mass Effect and Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise and they're still sitting on my shelf. And because, as I've said, I like to own the complete game, I always buy every piece of DLC that adds new single-player content. Even for games I don't like. What I am describing is nothing like what you described. Having the complete game means other people can play my game and use all of the characters and outfits.

Collecting games and owning all of the DLC content isn't something that you can only do if you like the games in question.

a new season pass would be great. or at least another campaign add on.

i cant really see them doing this though. i picture another character, more clothing and possibly an area like mad moxxi.

ill be suprised to see more campaign DLC but im not ruling out the possibility

I would looove that. Of course reasonably priced, but more BL2 the better.

This is amazing news to me. Tiny Tina was the best add-on in my opinion so far, and I can't wait for more. I just can't keep playing the same stuff all the time, and I've got other games to play besides this one, but I love coming back to a new campaign ^^

Why had it "better be included in the season pass"? They gave you everything promised in the first season pass and more. Are you that entitled that you think you should get everything for free?

While technically true, most people feel misled with the season pass. They sold it to us on the quality of the DLC of the first game and then outsourced the first three DLC's to another company. If they had said before hand that they were outsourcing the DLC I for one may have waited for a sale like they had in December where the season pass was half price. Also, the 'Extra' stuff like the level cap raise to 61 was thought to be included with a DLC because of the pre-launch interviews with Randy Pitchford where he talked about how they designed the game differently so the back end DLC could have multiple fast-travels and the Level caps could be raised without issue(which they then claimed was an issue). So it wasn't really a freebie, it was a way to get more money out of the pockets of people who purchased the DLC's separate. To be honest I feel like we should get this free, but i know they are a business and can't give stuff out for free, so I will wait for a sale or something before I get it because I feel that I have was already wasted too much money on the season pass..

Side note: Micro-transactions like the 80msp for skins and $10 for another character is too much. Micro-transactions are the sign that a company is only in it for the money and not for the content....(EA.....Dead Space 3....)

While technically true, most people feel misled with the season pass. They sold it to us on the quality of the DLC of the first game and then outsourced the first three DLC's to another company. If they had said before hand that they were outsourcing the DLC I for one may have waited for a sale like they had in December where the season pass was half price. Also, the 'Extra' stuff like the level cap raise to 61 was thought to be included with a DLC because of the pre-launch interviews with Randy Pitchford where he talked about how they designed the game differently so the back end DLC could have multiple fast-travels and the Level caps could be raised without issue(which they then claimed was an issue). So it wasn't really a freebie, it was a way to get more money out of the pockets of people who purchased the DLC's separate. To be honest I feel like we should get this free, but i know they are a business and can't give stuff out for free, so I will wait for a sale or something before I get it because I feel that I have was already wasted too much money on the season pass..

Side note: Micro-transactions like the 80msp for skins and $10 for another character is too much. Micro-transactions are the sign that a company is only in it for the money and not for the content....(EA.....Dead Space 3....)

They've outsourced DLC for BL1, so not that surprising that they have done so with BL2. And as for quality of the first game's DLC, then that is entirely subjective, as there were plenty of people who thought that the first DLCs were a letdown also (outside of the resounding approval of Knoxx). If YOU liked the DLC from BL1, then that's fine. But it doesn't mean that they "sold it to us on the quality of the DLC of the first game and then outsourced the first three DLC's to another company". Sold it to you that way, maybe (somehow). But it's all just what you randomly latched on to from them simply mentioning that there was going to be a Season Pass for BL2, because I didn't gather that at all when I heard about it and I still don't see that.

It would be great if they did all of the DLC 100% in-house, as we can see with Tiny Tina being a big step above the other 3 for most, but it's not something that they are obligated to do. As any and all DLC is OPTIONAL. You paid for the base game, you got it. You paid for the Season Pass, you got what was in the description. It never came with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so the only misleading that they did was all in your own mind, because it definitely wasn't explicitly stated nor did they absolutely have to say anything else.

Even with this batch of DLC offering, there are plenty of people who feel that they were worth the purchase just as there are people who feel disappointed. Happens with all forms of media. You're not going to like every movie, you're not going to like every album. But you bought it and you're stuck with it. It's just usually called "buyer's remorse" and not always 'deceptive marketing'.

Why had it "better be included in the season pass"? They gave you everything promised in the first season pass and more. Are you that entitled that you think you should get everything for free?

Here we go with this 'entitlement' shit again. They need to start calling them 'content passes' and just include it ALL for a reduced price of an adjusted value.

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaap.

They've outsourced DLC for BL1, so not that surprising that they have done so with BL2. And as for quality of the first game's DLC, then that is entirely subjective,

Not really. Anyone with common sense and a sense of quality can tell you that any one BL1 DLC (including Underdome just for the bank storage) is better than all BL2 DLC's to date combined. Sorry this is not my opinion, it's a fact.

You paid for the Season Pass, you got what was in the description. It never came with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so the only misleading that they did was all in your own mind, because it definitely wasn't explicitly stated nor did they absolutely have to say anything else.

Yes they did. They should have said if the DLC was developed in-house. Like someone else said, I would not have gotten the season pass if I knew this. I call it deceptive marketing like you mentioned.

Ultimate vault hunter borderlands 2 upgrade pack two + 11 more levels.

Level cap is at 72 now.

Digistruct Peak Challenge (missed the info on that)

~$5 not part of season pass

coming soonish (before October 31st from what was said)

increase ammunition capacity

increased bank capacity

increased inventory capacity

this is for FREE!

More customisation coming this fall
Borderlands 2 community day will be online. September 14.
Exclusive heads and skins for Community Day. Available around community day (September 14 if you forgot)
PAX Aus attendees getting all community day content for free as a thank you (FUCK I should not of sold my ticket!)
gearboxsoftware.com/communityday for more info

Next-gen games in development... Gearbox seem to be working on Homeworld, one of the games THQ lost due to ignorance to the gaming world.

It is their IP. They outbid two publishers.

Release for Steam. No word yet if it will be console. Homeworld HD confirmed?

Homeworld and Homeworld 2 will come with next Homeworld game... these guys are having a bit of fun so can't be sure if serious or pulling legs.

More info - http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/20/4540210/borderlands-2-dlc-ultimate-vault-hunter-upgrade-pack-2-new-level-cap

Dragon Keep heads coming soonish

Skins coming later on

T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest next DLC. Work in progress and being played live at PAX Aus.
Edited by iBuzz7S

It would be great if they did all of the DLC 100% in-house, as we can see with Tiny Tina being a big step above the other 3 for most, but it's not something that they are obligated to do. As any and all DLC is OPTIONAL. You paid for the base game, you got it. You paid for the Season Pass, you got what was in the description. It never came with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so the only misleading that they did was all in your own mind, because it definitely wasn't explicitly stated nor did they absolutely have to say anything else.

Saying they are not obligated to tell us who is making the DLC is like saying we as consumers don't have the right to know where are products are made i.e. China. I never said they didn't have the right to out-source the DLC, I just said they should have let us know. As I said in my previous post, I would have most likely purchased them, but I would have definitely waited for a season pass sale. We know far in advance the EA makes Dead Space, Gearbox makes Borderlands, 343 Makes Halo, Valve makes Left 4 Dead... Why shouldn't we be allowed to know who is making the DLC's for these same games? They had already outsorced the first 2 DLC's before the season pass even went on sale, so it's not like they didn't know they were going to outsource, they already were.

As for quality. In my opinion, they went 2 for 3 on in-house DLC and for Moxxi's most people would be willing to admit that it was a nice try, the problem was the tournaments were too long and should have had save points every five rounds or so. Claptraps DLC was the only one outsourced and it has the most wide range of opinions, but even though it was outsourced, they still helped in the development and had strict oversight. The first 3 DLC's were just handed over to another company and had little oversight. Even Gearbox has admitted failures in this with the outsourcing of BL2 DLC and Aliens:CM.

I agree with you that the next DLC should not be free, It was not included in the season pass. But to try and berate people who feel they got the short end of the stick is just an ignorant view.

~$5 not part of season pass

Bullshit. No achievements, no buy. I've had it with BL2. The increases for storage will undoubtedly be only 2 fucking slots again.

They're making the game constantly harder and it still has less space than BL1. The first game had 84 slots by default (and you could get more in PT2 I read) for gear whereas BL2 just now is up to 57 (including the stash, which is only a pathetic four slots).

Still not a fact :rolleyes:

Nope.