How do the XBL Rank Achievements Work?

PaleGringo

I have this game as a rental from GameFly and was wondering about how the rank achievements work out, and if there's a 'score' threshhold on them or something.

Minty is the highest on the leaderboards on my FL... he's in the 700's somewhere in the world (which is commendable) with upwards of 900+ in the score column and several spots lower is Caitlin, with about 500 points. Both have gotten to Rank 10.

I'm getting the idea that these are less like number of races you need to win and more like lines drawn in the sand... once you cross them, your rank goes up and it doesn't go back down. I'm currently a 5, something like 186 score points and number 5503 on the worldwide leaderboard. Just keep plugging away, but where are my milestones at?

Also, does anybody have any practical suggestions as to which kinds of races to run... circuit with more laps? Do I go for more kills? Do deaths hurt the metric that much?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I only have so many games etc cos when i was playing Routine it took ages for me to go up lol

We tried doing it with straight race wins, with kills and with win/kill combinations, and there didnt seem to be any logic to it.

Once you have it, snap the disk. Its the best feeling in the world. One i paid £40 for the privilege off.

I had like 30 more races and 60 kills more than Routine at one point and was the same level.

We ended up doing a combination of straight race wins- point to point, theres a track which takes about 40 seconds per race. Id try doing that for 10 races, then go and get some kills, and see which one gets you up there fastest lol.

You seem to rank up easier if you are racing against someone of equal or greater rank than you. A VERY easy way to rack up kills in the online: choose the level "containment" on a circuit, park parallel to the water's edge and have a buddy drive off into the water. Make sure you shoot him/her at least once before the car goes into the water and you will get credit for the kill. You can easily rack up tons of kills in a matter of minutes using this method.

You seem to rank up easier if you are racing against someone of equal or greater rank than you. A VERY easy way to rack up kills in the online: choose the level "containment" on a circuit, park parallel to the water's edge and have a buddy drive off into the water. Make sure you shoot him/her at least once before the car goes into the water and you will get credit for the kill. You can easily rack up tons of kills in a matter of minutes using this method.

Brilliant, and thanks for the suggestion. I think the most "score" I ever picked up was a 6 lap circuit in the Warlord with rockets and missles. I accrued upwards of $450,000 in wreck points and about a dozen or so kills, all for 44 score points.

Normally, I only get 10-12, and 6 for a loss.

Im stuck for the ranks aswell. I have the first 4 after only a few races and a couple of wins but i have won a few since and havent gone up. In a race with only 1 other person, does beating him giv the same credit as winning in a race with 8 people?

ive gotta rent this one again, i know when i had it before, and was going for the online acheivements in random matches i had a problem with my races actually counting...? for every 5 races only one would register for some reason? was a bastard coz i had some excellent races with 10+ kills that never registerd :confused:

Just to reiterate, Killer 47's suggestion worked brilliantly. Here's a step-by-step of what I did to knock out the XBox Live Rank 10 in about an hour's worth of time.

--------------------------------------------------

REQUIRED

Two or more people to perform this action.

PREPARATION

1. Go to XBox Live > Ranked Game > Host to start a new ranked game. Dismiss the message saying that the host has changed the car class.

2. Press Y to go to your race options. Leave it on Circuit, choose Containment, take the players down to however many you have participating (2 or 3 is ideal), forward, and change the class to whatever suits you.

3. Select a car with Machine Guns for one of your two weapons. Assault is easiest, since its default.

4. Have everybody who's agreed to help ready up. They're done at this point.

IMPLEMENTATION

1. Player 1 drives forward, around the semi truck with the trailer to the left and pulls a sharp U-turn, pointing towards the bridge. There should be boxes on your right and a tanker and bridge supports on your left.

2. Player 2, 3, etc. doesn't have to do anything. Really. They can put their controller down and watch TV while Player 1 is working on this. Their cars will automatically drive over the edge, straight in front of the starting line, respawn, and repeat.

3. Player 1 should fire machine guns as Player 2, 3, etc. spawns, continue firing until after the player(s) pass, and cease firing to let the MGs cool down. If done correctly, Player 2, 3, etc. should be driving directly on a crossing path in front of you, from right to left. Fire at their left side as they cross (about two or three hits should ping off the doors) before they drive off the edge into the water. If you landed a single hit, you'll get creited with a Wreck kill.

4. Remember to let off the MG's... it's not Rampage, and they will overheat. Repeat as necessary. You can get about 200,000 wreck points (40 kills) in about 5 minutes.

5. After a suffiecient time has past, or people are getting bored, complete the race.

6. The best way to get them to apply to your rank is to have one person in the party score the points until they are a rank 10 (since it seems to base rank increase on kill differential). Then, toggle it up and help out the people who got you where you're at.

------------

Happy hunting!

I found a like-minded person on XBL in a few games last night that agreed, he only wanted to get to a Rank 10 so he could complete the game and sell it back. Really cool guy... only has had his 360 for two weeks.

Anyhow, we pioted this out in a few games, and he managed to get ranks 9 and 10 (the hardest to acquire) in a single 10-minuite session.

So I figure six sessions of that length, or a few more shorter ones should be sufficient to get all your rankings. Then of course, you can repay the favor and help out those that help you. It is, after all, what community is about.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I am a level 8 legit and just one to complete 9 and 10 so I can send this thing back to GameFly. I played for 5 hours today - have over 600 points, etc and still nothing. Very frustrating...

If your interested send me a friend request "virtualmayhem" is my GamerTag

Thanks

I need help also in the 100 win department. It's the only achievement I have left. I also have 13 wins online but no 100 wins achievement. What did you do to get the 100 wins?

Oh, and I earned my rank 10. There was one race where about 6 of us ran a head-on race and pummeled each other for 4 or 5 kills and then finished to make up for the last couple races where there were a lot of kills but not enough finishers, but the race ended up not counting anyway just like (no shit) 80% of the races out there.

I need help also in the 100 win department. It's the only achievement I have left. I also have 13 wins online but no 100 wins achievement. What did you do to get the 100 wins?

If you have all the other achievements except the 100 wins just set up 2 lap races with only 2 people on Containment, they are the quickest races and if you're the host you will start in first and should be able to win each time.

• 3 weeks later...

How to get all ranks in approx. 10 to 12 races:

First get 1 friend to race a 2 lap race on containment track. Then on the first lap have your friend knock down the tower that looks kinda like a water tower and then set thier controller down. Once they have knock down the tower and are setting beside it just start killing them untill you get about 300k wreck points and then go and win the race. You should get one rank per race.

How to get 100 race wins glitch:

It is said that if you have 100 wins and it doesn't unlock that if you go to arcade mode and look at record lap times if you don't have lap times set for each race it won't unlock. Solution: Set laps times for each track and poof achievement unlocked.

If anyone needs help with ranking up just let me know and I will be glad to help. I should have the game for a couple more days or atleast until I finish The Outfit so I can trade both in for my preorder of GOW.

• 2 months later...