2 player achievement buddy system

Alwindb

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't like the sound of the above post. I'm about to start playing this and don't want to get all the way through and not have the achievement pop.

I thought what you had to do was plug in a second controller and sign it in to a second account (not guest account) and then start the game in 2p mode. Is this correct?

If you play this by yourself with a second controller plugged in, can you leave the second controller alone or do you have to move the second player about now and again for the game to recognise that 2 people are playing?

I got the achievement yesterday after playing a couple days with my sister on the other controller. How i set it up was from the beginning start a game, and it will ask if you want to play coop, say yes. As the level begins it will say Player Two Press Start, do so, and by the end of the game you'll have your achievement. I never had player two sign in on another account. And im going to gather if you follow this but just leave the second controller alone you'll still get the achievement.

Got the achievement now. It is not too bad to do by yourself with 2 controllers plugged in. Took me about 4.5 hours to play in this mode. Here are some tips for it:

1. I had second controller plugged in and assigned to a second profile before firing up the game (although assigning a profile may not be necessary). Start New Game selecting 2 players. When game starts you have to press start on the 2nd controller (a prompt for this appears on screen)

2. Input cheats if that's your bag. I recommended you do as the 2nd character will get taken out quickly in some battles.

3. When presented with a big jump or an area where you have to move both characters at once (eg to cover a long wall run), press start and drop the game into 1 player mode for the time you need to navigate where you need to get to. Then press Start again switching it back to 2 players. Most levels I didn't need to do it, but I had to on level 1 (area where you get grab vines for first time, a couple of long fly jumps to do here). As achievement is 90% of time, doing this switch for 5-10 seconds is negligable to the 4-5 hours it took me to playthrough.

4. Flying easy. Just tap A buttons on both controllers to get them airborne and then fly with one, and the leash will pull the other character about and keep them flying also. You can cover large areas of some levels like this and it helps to speed up completion time as you don't have to move both players at once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So this achievement only onlocks for Player 1? What if I play through with two controllers, with my profile on Player 1, but use the second controller to play through? Cause there's no way to be Cynder on controller 1, and I like to play as Cynder.

It'll work if either controller is or isn't ona profile, i.e. both controllers, just player one or just player two can be set, and it'll unlock for whomever is on, the only difference is its inconvenient for player 2 because there are some instances where you'll end up switching to single player (if playing alone) in order to pass some parts.

Worst comes to worst, do the sit-and-wait method (I posted it somewhere in the guide thread) and it'll still work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please refer to my guide on this, it's somewhere on the front page of these forums, unstickied.

I don't know if you have to play a completely new playthrough, because I have never tested my method on a playthrough that was already beaten. If someone would like to and report to me their result, I will be glad to update the guide.