DLC Problem

Nevander

ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED AS OF:

Thursday, September 4, 2010

UPDATE: 9/6/10, I can confirm the DLC has been fixed completely. I have obtained the 1240G and everything is working!

UPDATE: 9/4/10, It appears the issue has been fixed! I have not yet obtained any DLC stuff myself, but I will soon. Finally we can enjoy our DLC!

UPDATE: 9/3/10, 4A Games and Microsoft have found the source of error and are working on a patch. It should be fixed soon. There have been reports of achievements unlocking but it is all still unconfirmed at this point.

How to get the DLC to work if it still ISN'T working for you:

1. Delete the DLC from your memory and clear your cache.
  2. Re-download the DLC and re-update.
  3. There you go!

Edited by Nevander
Clean up the post. Edit stuff.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't encountered any of the problems, except for the MIA achievements that is. I tried unlocking some of the by killing 50 muties with a knife and 30 humans with pneumatic arms (ranger easy difficulty) but it was all in vain.

They announced this DLC on 12 of May, released it 2,5 months later, it weighs 108KB (56, as You have noticed) and it's still broken (in a way).

I come from Poland and it's a stereotypical thinking in my country that all tech from former USSR is a piece of crap. Guess what- it's not a stereotype, it's true...

P.S. There's an info on Metro's official web site that they're "looking into the achievement issue". Now, take your time guys, it's not like there are some awesome games coming out this fall and nobody will remember about ol'Metro by the time you're done (which will probably be somewhere around Christmas).

Edited by Jaskier

- The game tile, like when you look at it in Memory, will change from the Metro "M" to a ranger's head.

This is nothing to worry about. It's happened to me on other games. Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect, for example. It seems to change the game icon to the icon of the latest DLC that has been downloaded.

My achievements work now as of 12:00 am EST

You still only have 1000 in it.

I have a question. I downloaded the DLC put the game in loaded it up. Thankfully I saw this thread. since I havent unlocked any of the achievements does this mean I shouldnt have to re download my profile once they are working?

Oh crap I already had the heavy automatic shotgun so that should have popped straight away. I hope I dont have to recover. :(

Edited by aussiestatic

You still only have 1000 in it.

I have a question. I downloaded the DLC put the game in loaded it up. Thankfully I saw this thread. since I havent unlocked any of the achievements does this mean I shouldnt have to re download my profile once they are working?

Oh crap I already had the heavy automatic shotgun so that should have popped straight away. I hope I dont have to recover. :(

My guess would be: "no", since recovery is usually needed when you unlock achievements, but xbox.com doesn't register that (because it hadn't been properly updated). This case seems to be pretty unique, so my guess is as good as anyone's.

I hope there is a solution to this issue. it is a fairly popular game so I don't think it will take too long.

When you have a really unpopular game it can take up to 6 months for a fix.

Thing is they already took their sweet time releasing it. Devs assured (via Metro's web site) that they are investigating this problem, but last time they were fixing this "massive" piece of content it took them over two months.

Do you have a link to the metro forum? Would be interesting to read since no one on xbox.com is complaining yet.

Actually, I think there is no official forum as such. The "community-devs" dialogue is handled via facebook and twitter. Which sucks IMHO.

Edited by Jaskier

Metro 2033 twitter link -

They are aware of the MIA achievements and working on a fix.

Thank you :)

Quick question. Ive already fulfilled the requirements for the auto shotgun achievement. (I had a code for the shotgun in my previous game) does it mean I have to do it again or does it credit you the achievement.

cant find that information anywhere.

Thank you :)

Quick question. Ive already fulfilled the requirements for the auto shotgun achievement. (I had a code for the shotgun in my previous game) does it mean I have to do it again or does it credit you the achievement.

cant find that information anywhere.

I had the heavy automatic shotgun too but I dont think it will count towards the new achievements, unless their is a hidden counter that keeps track of all weapon kills. This is just an honest guess though because I'm sure they are aware of the players who preordered and bought the limited edition of Metro 2033. It would be unfair to the players who did not have access to the heavy auto shotgun though.

I went to play this on another of my accounts to test out the ranger mode and all the achv were showing up? :( but I went back to my main account today and still no achv showing up. argh :(

I tried it saving to my usb drive, dl the game to my hardrive and deleting all metro files, it didn't fix it. Also the achv only show up on one account the other one (not the main) it doesn't. I thought maybe it's showing because I didn't have any achv but thats not it. both are silver and both are on the same hd.

Edited by anangke
added info

Taken from their twitter page.

"we're still trying to get to the bottom of what's happening... has anyone unlocked one of the new cheevos yet?"

I don't have a twitter account so I cant respond. If someone here does can you link this thread on their page so they can communicate with us. And no no one has unlocked anything according to

mygamercard.net http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?g=1123

trueachievements.com http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gameid=2294

hopefully this is helpful.

It better not be the same lame problem as with the "Chapters of Deceit" (Army Of Two The 40th Day DLC), where players that had unlocked MP achievements prior to downloading this faulty piece of content couldn't unlock the DLC achievements (it seemed like the MP chievos "filled the spaces" that the DLC chievos were supposed to fill, I don't know how else to explain this).

I found myself in trouble with this dlc too...i am about to finish my walkthrough and i already fulfilled the requirements for all the new weapons kills and no achievements for me. And also i can´t see the achievements when i compare games or in any other way like many other people.

Edited by Dan Castells

Oh balls man.:(

I just finished the campaign on ranger hardcore and the last save is at the top of the tower.

When they patch this do you think it will still count as me completeing the campaign on hardcore difficulty becuase everything before that was done on hardcore.

it should count. i thought about going ahead and playing through most of the ranger mode until the patch but i want to make sure i get the kill achievements too

I beat the whole thing on ranger hardcore and i think it is a blast especially with that volt gun thing but its just not the same without achievements. o and the heavy shotgun is cool but useless on anything higher than normal and wastes ammo i mean money i mean ammo:confused: