Can someone please explain how to fight

Hi,

I just started the game on normal and got to level 3 (well, 4 if you count stage 0) and the boss kills me in seconds. I'm level 24, putting points in different skills doesn't seem to change anything and the little bitch just keeps attacking without any chance for a counter attack.

There is 0 telegraphing for moves and the shitty text in How to Play is one of the worst tutorials I've ever come across.

This is stated as a 3/10 in the guide and I had less difficultys with Metal Gear Rising on hard my first time through.

Could someone please explain the fightint system to me so that I can understand what's going on and what I need to do, because the rest is easy as piss and then comes the giant brick wall in form of the boss. I barely beat the other 3 before her.

Just want to enjoy the game as it reminds me of Scott Pilgrim, which I also had no problem to complete :/

EDIT: Dropped to easy to at least finish the game. But hey, I unlocked the Perfect Fall achievement the first try ;P

Edited by L0cke89

You got that first time? Damn you :p

Well, it's one line that you follow. I just wiggled the stick to constantly swift left and right in little motions to stay where I want and to not miss anything. Catching the start of the red orbs was just reflexes. Did it also on my second run. There I know what to do and how to do it.

On the boss fights I just get blasted with combos I can't seem to break or even see. I just need somebody to explain to me how it actually all works and which are the best stats to invest points into. After that I can learn how to do it but right now I just don't seem figure out the whole system or the tricks that I have to exploit :/

On any difficulty the bosses can get you stuck in some long combos. That will piss ya off for sure lol.

Might find it easier to beat bosses by maxing your Damage and Defense. I cheeses every boss by throwing fireballs at them (forward and A) with my main character (forget her name. Lil ninja girl)

You do know I linked the game system and controls on the guide, why I wonder that you missed it...>_>

http://5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/system.html

Those are the controls. I know how to perform moves, I just don't know the strategies to fighting bosses or tougher enemies.

Sorry, but do you post the controls to Ninja Gaiden, if I have problems with the bosses? And please don't get so cocky if you can't help someone with their problems.

My problem is that I get beat up on normal without leveling up my character beforehand and I feel like that is not needed when you know how to fight them well which is my problem. This doesn't answer my questions. In which skills should I invest, is it better to be offensive or defensive against bosses, which attacks are better and so on.

waxc3: Thanks but that still doesn't seem like the best strat. If if is, the game would be pretty broken.

EDIT: Well, since nobody seems to have any new ideas, I got fed up, leveled my character and just spammed the hell out of the down SP attack. It works well but this being a good way to even beat the game on hard just shows how broken it is.

Don't get me wrong. I really had fun with the game but it wants to seem to complex without matching the own skill set out by itself :/

Still gonna buy the DLC to get my 500 though.

Edited by L0cke89

Could someone tell me how to play?

I have checked out the controls in-game, and the "how to play" section as well.

I played the game with my bro, we had to restart level 0 5 times before we beat the first boss. Then we quit and found out by surprise that you have to leave the game in order to level up.. weird.

Anyways, I still have no idea how to play. I know how to do the dash attack but that is all, and the glowing homing orb attack thing. I checked the link up above and it is the same as the in-game instructions, they explain nothing.

What is sp? what does it mean? I have pressed it many times and it only seems to do emergency mode. What about special moves? I somehow 4 times did a uppercut attack where I lept into the air to continue the combo.. I have no idea how. I've been trying Street Figher 2 style button combos and Mortal Kombat ones but nothing.

I have no idea how to play this game. Are there special moves or just the basic 3 weak medium hard attacks?

In single player you can level up after each stage. Not in co-op.

Most fighting moves are super basic. No fireball rolls or dragon punch maneuvers like street fighter.

The in game directions show you the few special moves like Forward and A or Forward, Forward A. Or there Forward and A plus B. Lots of two button moves but you need to purchase them.

Unlocked moves are fun. They are all I use. but my co-op buddy maxed his strength and defense and just runs in banging X.

SP is "special". Its the A button you found but on the right side of the level up screen you haven't bought the special moves. Once you purchase the moves you can spam them nonstop. The two button moves use the special meter but the A button moves don't.

Edited by waxc3