IGN is starting to piss me off

Asturgis

Once again, after Resident Evil 5, Shadow Complex, Modern Warfare 2, Gears 2 and ODST, IGN Strategize has once again with Bayonetta done its due diligence and come here (and other websites, of course), learn a few tricks, and make a video of it like they found and own the shit, and are so good at it.

I'm not saying WE found all tricks about this game and others. In fact, we probably take more from other sources than all other sites combined, and a lot of stuff has been found weeks ago by other gamers, forums and youtubers, before we post it here ourselves. We don't deserve credit for much, but we do for a little. Just a little.

I don't know if you remember this for Dragon Age and Resident Evil 5, but sometimes at IGN, they just fu@@ing READ or cut and paste stuff posted here in their guides/videos.

Wouldn't it be comon courtesy to just sometimes say "Our friends at..." ? :mad:

Uh no not really. We don't own anything so they are free to take ideas and things people find. IGN have more power than we do.

Plus it seems un-professional on their end. Imagine if you had a company and made a video but then at the end said we like to thank "such n' such" and "blah n' blah" from a completely different website and/or company.

I can see why they do it. Also, they are taking tricks people find and then broadcasting them in video form to help a lot more people than text reading does on a website that a lot more people use.

Edited by JamKaBlam

All the best gamers in the world make these kind of videos on Youtube, that's obviously where you will find good help, and in here, not in IGN Strategize. Stratgize what ? They actually never get anything right ! Most of the time on IGN, the video isn't even a show of what to do, but just unrelated images of the game with the voice saying what to do. Don't get me wrong, I go to their website everyday to read stuff, and I like what they do, it just feels wrong sometimes.

Yes, they can't give credit every single time, of course.

But no, they can at least not be lazy and change a few words or do it right.

Do you REALLY believe the chick they hired can teach you and show you how to kill Jeanne in 6 seconds ? Not in a million years. I have gamerchick friends who are way better gamers than me. This one isn't. It just feels... corporate-ish, I don't know. It's hard to explain in english...

It just makes me mad when I hear posts written here followed by "We'll show you how...". We'll show you how to monitor good websites, sure.

Edited by Asturgis

I think the vids they do is cool, but they're not profiting from it! they're just doing what all other game websites do, just with higher production value. I dont think its (another) reason to hate them. A good point though. At the end of the day, if people want help/guides & achievements they come here (and gamefaqs.com).

Do you REALLY believe the chick they hired can teach you and show you how to kill Jeanne in 6 seconds ?QUOTE]

I-don't-care

She sells her face well and I like looking at it- who the hell cares if she can play? I find some of the ign strat videos helpful (the Bayonetta one not included) but they're usually late after the rest of the world puts it up on youtube.

If you hate the big bad evil company, don't partake in their products.

Imagine if a small time programmer made a piece of code, and him/her being a helpful person makes it open source or whatever, and then some corporate assholes make something of this and make it big time, something they couldn't do themselves because they don't know left from fucking right, and then had the indecency to say, oh yeah this is how you do this that and the other and we had no help from small time programmer and shit.. then yeah, that would be pretty annoying wouldn't it?

The point is just comon courtesy and credits, that's all.

Here, when we cut and paste something from somebody else, we always credit them. It pisses me off to "work" to discover stuff, write a guide about it like for Impossible mode in Dead Space, so the people who want advice can be happy to come here, and then find 2 weeks later the exact same words in the mouth of someone at IGN. Happens all the time.

They just wait for websites like us (I said like us, not just us of course) to find everything about a hard game, all the tricks and exploits, do their due diligence, then try to appear smart by sending a chick saying "Hey, look what I found for you !". You didn't find squat, sweetie.

I have nothing against evil bad companies, since I work for one. And I know this is the Internet, and what we say in here must profit to everybody. Why do you think I, like you, write guides and shit ? I just wished it stayed here a little or they would say something about us if they don't even change a single period.

What's next, taking the best gamer's vids on Youtube, putting IGN in the corner and letting the chick say "Hey, look how to kill Kasdan Paratus on Sith Master difficulty, thanks to IGN !" ?

Edited by Asturgis

http://uk.video.ign.com/dor/articles/863022/ignstrategize/videos/ignstrategize_bayonetta_011310.html

Hmm well, they don't mention the Kilgore method and use the chapter 11 boss instead of the chapter 7 one for the Durga method, so I don't think they stole much from here.

At least I learned two new things from this video:

1) Taunting keeps your combo counter running.

2) What the Gaze of Despair actually does (increases combo counter speed).

Maybe I'm blind but I didn't read that here.

Edited by Brambledamble

• 2 years later...

Jess Chobot is a huge gamer she knows what she's on about and she seems to know a lot about stuff. I've never seen a woman act so gleeful about things like Mass Rffect Ninja Gaiden etc. you can tell she's a gamer, just a really hot one with a voice that could melt butter

I'd also like to say everyone who raged she was in Mass Effect is jealous, her VO was fine.

Jess Chobot is a huge gamer she knows what she's on about and she seems to know a lot about stuff. I've never seen a woman act so gleeful about things like Mass Rffect Ninja Gaiden etc. you can tell she's a gamer, just a really hot one with a voice that could melt butter

I'd also like to say everyone who raged she was in Mass Effect is jealous, her VO was fine.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Hopefully the folks from two years ago will be able to come across it one day and it might just change theirs.

Imagine if a small time programmer made a piece of code, and him/her being a helpful person makes it open source or whatever, and then some corporate assholes make something of this and make it big time, something they couldn't do themselves because they don't know left from fucking right, and then had the indecency to say, oh yeah this is how you do this that and the other and we had no help from small time programmer and shit.. then yeah, that would be pretty annoying wouldn't it?

Kinda like say... Oh I don't know, Facebook? Lol

• 2 weeks later...