Sequel: Metro 2034

CodeMyster003

A sequel is coming for Metro 2033, called Metro 2034:).

From the IGN article:

The good news is THQ seems to be allocating more resources for Metro 2034. "The sequel's even more advanced in terms of the technology," said THQ executive VP of core games Danny Bilson. "The sequel's going to get a lot more support than the first one got both from product development at THQ and marketing. There were certain things in Metro 2033, even though it looked sensational, some of the shooting mechanics need to be better polished to compete with the Call of Dutys. They are this time. For marketing it'll get a much more respectful push."

"We green-lit it before the other one shipped and you're going to see some of it at E3." :rock:woop:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1148543p1.html

awesome news. i recall reading that they were doing the sequel when the game was still new. glad thats still the case.

not sure what to make of the call of duty mention though. the atmosphere really made this game, meaning that there was a purpose of why most weapons were underwhelming. plus the main character wasnt some trained badass super solider.

regardless i'm all for it.

• 1 month later...

I too am looking forward to the sequel. I agree that the atmosphere made the game and defined many of the things that others would find annoying – like the weakened weapons.

This game did an excellent job at immersing you into the ‘world’ of Artyom…and it did so better than any Call of Duty game!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/thq-confirms-metro-2033-sequels-last-light-subtitle-we-pray-for-return-of-ghost-train/3125/

No one can tell you what the ghost train is, you must experience the ghost train for yourself.

Though the Ukranian-developed Metro 2033 didn't set the world on fire, there's really nothing else like it, and I'm not joking when I'm saying Metro 2033 was easily one of my favorite experiences from last year.

Domain registrations have pointed to the Metro 2033's sequel being dubbed Metro 2033: Last Light, which THQ finally confirmed on a conference call this afternoon discussing their financial results. The game isn't scheduled for 2012 sometime, but THQ famously green-lit another one before Metro 2033 released.

• 1 month later...
Nice, liked this game, hope the sequel is as good or better and I hope they get rid of the annoying kid

Annoying kid? I'm going to assume you are talking about the one you carry briefly before reuniting him with his mother. That was a pretty brief segment. Only other annoying kid i can think of is the one who wants a bullet to take you to meet up with "i forget his name."

• 4 months later...

I loved the first game but Last Light's touting of multiplayer has me worried... If I wanted online play, I'd look elsewhere. It annoys the hell out of me when strong, story driven games have multiplayer components wrenched in to appeal to the masses (Cough...Condemned 2, Bioshock 2...Cough)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...