be truthful does everybody like dying every 2 miniutes

The whole point and fun in this game is to try to max out your character so that he does not die and can kick some serious butt.

You should try to optimize your character's skills, find and use the best weapons and armors, utilize every free slot with a rune that is good for your character and finally have equipped useful complete charms.

Of course the class selection of your character is and his alignment is a fundamental decision for your way in the game. My first character was a Human Champion which even at level 50 was dying often enough. After taking notes from the EXCELLENT Cybernetic Commando guide that is posted in this forum and finding the right items my next character was almost unstoppable and truly changed the game experience :)

Remember to use you roll/dodge (the b button) often, this will avoid any attack. Also remember that certain enemies will have really high resistances to certain attacks like your guns, try using ruiners, sword/staff/hammer/other melee especially finisher moves. Mix it up and see what works best

I don't have a problem dying, I just have a problem with the fact that it takes an hour until you respawn. Worst death sequences ever. That being said, I still really like this game, especially when you build a powerful character that pretty much owns anything. Still need to play this actually, too much on my plate at the moment.

well im a berserker so im used to dying specially online with higher level opponents. that valkaries decension(i just call it the stupid angel death scene) is the biggest load of crap its worse than how u cant skip subs in the 2006 world cup

while everyone says the penalty 4 death is nothing and thats good, its actually very annoying. if ur in a hard part and youre dying a lot ur best armour and wepons become really bad if u know basic math

the main problem is constantly swithing every piece of armour and weapons cause if u dont ur at a disadvantage - ill'd rather lose a little bounty or start back a bit, or at least have some sort of auto item switch when a deteriating good item becomes worse than perfect bad one

Along with everyone else here, use everything you have to your advantage and if you get any armour/weapons that have high attack/defence then use them!

Depending on your fighting style (aggressive or defensive) then its best to classify yourself with the correct class to play as.

After the first mission (Hall of Heroes) you can choose to be a cybernetic god or human god, using these with specific classes can boost their skills, such as using the cybernetic skill with the defender willl enhance its defensive protential, while using the human skill with either the berserker or commando classes will make them, in simple terms, epic? they rape pretty much...

Anyway happy gaming!

• 2 weeks later...

At first I find this game tough and frustrating, I died constantly and I didn't know how to deal with enemies. So, since there was an achievement for it anyways, I cycled through the different type of classes you could choose and went through the whole first level with them. I found that the berserker class is pretty sick and I prefer it. Now I can go through a whole compaign only dying 4-6 times per run :)

Honestly. No. The game had such an awesome balance as far as character growth/difficulty curve. UNTIL you hit max level at which point you better have min/max'd the SHIT out of your character or you'll be seeing that Valkyrie so much you'll come to hate her more than I hate my ex (no easy feat). It got to the point where I walked away with the game and the only reason I came back was due to my finding the "badass" char builds on these forums and the niggling feeling that I had to 100% the game.

So here I am...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think any one really like's two human personally if anything that game is the worst game to ever have been made. When my brother got all the achievements we where thinking of selling it but we broke that disk like nothing cause it was so fucking evil.. If you don't agree with me then Im really shocked.

• 1 month later...

I die way too often: the controls suck big time. The enemy AI keeps solely targeting you as in when they're attacking the AI partner and sees you from far away, they'll just leave your AI partner and run to you. When you're with your AI partner and the wolves/bears, most of the time they barely attack the enemy.

Honestly a bad game.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think any one really like's two human personally if anything that game is the worst game to ever have been made. When my brother got all the achievements we where thinking of selling it but we broke that disk like nothing cause it was so fucking evil.. If you don't agree with me then Im really shocked.

I'm not a fan of the game, by any stretch, but that seems a bit strong! The fact that this forum alone has 32 pages suggests that some people do like it. ;)

I do despise the Valkyrie's descent, but I know that's because I'm not very good, and I'm sure that I'll figure it out and start enjoying the game again.

since it was resurrected, i chime in . . . i liked the game. i did have a problem with the death scene over and over again. they should of fixed that from the get go, but i read the point of it was so that you would be more careful.

i dont like the chieve where you have to have all upgraded armor because it was luck, even when farming and you really had to farm. i stopped way b4 i got the armour.

i wouldnt of minded it there was a second title.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll put it this way...if your dying a LOT, you're doing something wrong. That's why someone might hate the game.

If you figure out how to play it right though, it can actually be pretty fun. I just don't like that there's a few things that can be very annoying. My main problem though is, like most other RPG's, it's almost pointless to try doing anything until you reach the maximum level. Every time I leveled I found something new and had to constantly upgrade my weapons/armor, so just when I think I found something great, there's always something better.

• 2 months later...

Since this was resurrected - I have a level 50 Cyber Commando who was near unstoppable at about level 35-40, but once you reach 50 it becomes INSANE.

I started playing this again to clean up some of the cheevies that I missed, and re-played with my 50 char to get the item drops (which still hasn't popped even though the leaderboard says I have 7519, maybe 7500 with one char???), and ran into a named Elf who was killing me with one blow! It pissed me off BIG TIME!

All of my armour is maximum Orange (not found any level 50 Red), I have the class specific weapons (cannon and sword), but I get killed SO often on any level apart from the HoH.

I like this game at lower levels, but at higher levels the difficulty goes through the roof - trolls who are nearly immune to all ranged attacks, named specials who do EXCESSIVE damage, not to mention bosses who barely get touched no matter what I change weaponry wise...