Why I hate this game

W1tchHunter

oh just noticed, you have the sniper out. thats your problem man. there is no "no-scoping" in XCOM lol. snipers suck at close range so have your dude switch to his pistol.

better yet, keep the snipers way back. thats what your Assault shotgun dudes with lots of health are for, getting in close and rumbling with Mutons. i give my Assaults laser shotguns, the armor i have available (the 1st armor you get which is silver in color) and the nanoweave vest thing for even more HP and they never die.

my main assault guy is a big black dude nicknamed Sheriff (computer named him!) and his K/D spread is like +30 or something. :p

Heres your problem. 1) mutons get a defense bonus in full cover which this one is in. 2) You're not technically flanking him so you don't get any sort of aim bonus. 3) You're 6 inches away from him while trying to use a sniper rifle so you're actually getting an aim penalty.

Luck has nothing to do with this situation. You are just in a piss poor spot with the wrong load out at that range. Sorry, this time its not the game, its the gamer...

• 1 month later...
Heres your problem. 1) mutons get a defense bonus in full cover which this one is in. 2) You're not technically flanking him so you don't get any sort of aim bonus. 3) You're 6 inches away from him while trying to use a sniper rifle so you're actually getting an aim penalty.

Luck has nothing to do with this situation. You are just in a piss poor spot with the wrong load out at that range. Sorry, this time its not the game, its the gamer...

Sorry but if my soldier in real life missed that shot I would have him executed :p

I sent him in there cause it was on easy and it was the last enemy and an assault guy was there ready to finish it, but I though I'd let the new guy do it and was just really shocked.

I'm sure many of us have been in situations like this, for example missing point blank with a shotgun, you can actually feel a tumour forming when that happens :p