stuck for 2 weeks

jpark7

Sheriff's Hot Pursuit--omg this is so frustrating! do i just suck at it, or is there something really simple that i'm missing? it seems like if i use the VROOOOM cheat, THEY go faster when i use the boost. and i've tried to sit back and study their sequence, but it seems like they change it when they figure out i'm tailing them. GRRRR!!! lol please someone tell me they sucked at this too! lol

THANK YOU SO MUCH! lol i'm about ready 2 throw it across the room. now i've beat the speeders & hooligans, but it wont give me any new cars to catch. i know there's supposed to be 5 stages, but i dont think it's unlocking it for me. ?? :(

we are stuck here too.. my problem is i find the cars handle like a cow on a unicycle.. even trying to slow down for a corner is an exercise in pain..... and there are so many invisible fences and other obstacles that bring you to a complete stop.. my little brother (8) has no hope in hell of pulling this off and neither do i.

I didnt use the VROOOOM, because like you said, if you boost they just go faster. I used IMSPEED cheat for instant acceleration, and used the handbrake around corners instead powersliding or regular braking.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this one tedious and not as much 'hard'

I am stuck in the story though, More speedway races should have unlocked by now, but I can't figure out where to go next in the story. Kind of disappointing..are there other areas I should go to?

I just found this one tedious and not as much 'hard'

I am stuck in the story though, More speedway races should have unlocked by now, but I can't figure out where to go next in the story. Kind of disappointing..are there other areas I should go to?

Have you explored Ornament Valley or Tailfin pass yet??

• 2 months later...

This task is so much harder than the other parts of the game.

Looking at youtube to get a few ideas, I was surprised. In the videos, the cars being chased seem to react differently to the ones in my game (is there a 360 version difference? ). They don't seem hard to catch at all in the youtube games. With using my turbo it hardly makes any difference with closing the gap :mad:

I know drifting is a no no, as there is way too much chance of losing control for a fraction of a second and losing the car being chased. So I have used brake much more, and turboing out of corner to make up for the loss of momentum.

I'm only 1 cup off doing my next major race (144 cups :() so I need to get my next hot pursuit to get it (hoodlums) . I think I have done everything I can at this stage to my all available cups so far (I'm in chapter 3). Got all the postcards I can up to this point.

Any hints and tips for doing the achievement?

Also I tried to use the VROOOOM & IMSPEED in the cheat menu, but I couldn't get them to work in the story mode. I entered them in before I started my game, got a chime sound as I accepted them, but in the game nothing has changed :confused: Has a patch or something stopped you using the codes in the story mode?