Misc Quest - Go to Arivanya in Windhelm and pick up the item

S1D3WYZ

I have a under Miscellaneous > Go to Arivanya in Windhelm and pick up the item.

While I can activate the quest, with it selected, no white ^ location indicator on Compass, World, or Local Map, and the "Show on Map" option is grayed out.

On her Wiki Character Page I see she is a possible victim of The Butcher in Blood on the Ice... so I'm assuming she's dead... although I completed that quest by shooting him with an arrow as he was about to kill a different NPC, Arivanya is seemingly no longer in my game.

>>I have heard other NPC's can be killed by dragon attacks that you never witness, such as Lod getting eaten by a dragon so you never meet, and so can't do his associated Daedric Quest, so I branched out from the main quest and still have yet to go to Bleak Falls Barrow! So, no dragon attacks so far.<<

What is "the item" I was supposed to get from her? What does this quest relate to? What am I missing out on?

Edited by S1D3WYZ

Sounds like radiant story in action. In theory, the quests never end & it will continue to pick random npcs for random misc quests long after you've completed every main/side quest. I just finished (loose term) a 250 hour character & started up a new one to be presented with a seemly random radiant quest for a character I dealt with on the regular & never had said quest for in my first playthrough.

Anyways. The game choose the wrong npc at the wrong time for some misc quest you heard at some point. its an unfortunate effect of an imperfect system which grants nearly endless playability.

Just ignore that smudge on your misc quest menu, you'll probably have a few more you can't complete by the time you are finished..

unless you are able to load up a previous save before you accepted said quest/or before she died.

I can't remember ever picking up anything from her. Maybe it's one of those misc. quests that picks a random person in a city? If you want to see if she's dead, check the Hall of the Dead in Windhelm. If she's not in there, then she must be walking around somewhere. Check outside as she's married to the stable owner.

Who did you get the quest from? Because without that info it's hard to tell what the quest is or what you're missing out on.

I can't remember ever picking up anything from her. Maybe it's one of those misc. quests that picks a random person in a city? If you want to see if she's dead, check the Hall of the Dead in Windhelm. If she's not in there, then she must be walking around somewhere. Check outside as she's married to the stable owner.

Who did you get the quest from? Because without that info it's hard to tell what the quest is or what you're missing out on.

Yeah probably radiant in action. What is puzzling me, is I have no clues to who even gave me this quest, as it's under Miscellaneous > that IS the entire description! (I had an enormous 4 1/2 page long misc quest list that i've cleaned up to 5 entries, who knows where I picked up that objective, or what save to revert to if I hadn't gone and cleaned those up too)

I have found and followed her husband Ulundil the stable owner around for quite some time and never seen her, although I will do as you say and check the Hall of the Dead, good idea, didn't know you could.

If it is just a misc quest, no worries about a smudged quest list - Visit the College of Winterhold will forever be in the list as I used the persuade option when I first went up to the college. I have that do 50 achievement [Hero of the People] already... and 180+ counting!

I was only starting to worry when I noticed things like "Talk to Lod" under Miscellaneous which turned into a Daedric Quest.

This sounds like a similar fetch quest I'm stuck on for the College of Winterhold. I'm suppose to go to Solitude and pick up an item from someone named Sabine Nytte. Whenever I go in her ship to talk to her she just keeps telling me, "You're not suppose to be in here." Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do

There will be a coffin in one of the nooks and when you put your cursor over it, it will say the persons name. Should be obvious. If you can't find it then she's either not dead or she has gone here.

Well, there are only two coffins. When the cursor is over them they only say [steal From] Coffin, no names. But one of them had the stable key, so I'm guessing that was her. No quest update, will try the stables & see if she had something stashed there.