GFWL has been removed from Steam

hamberger

It's tried updating for me, but I paused the download, set the game to not update automatically and then went offline in Steam.

As long as the update hasn't actually installed and you're in offline mode in steam you should be able to start the game and GFWL should still load up.

If you've lost your save use the instructions in this link;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/810938810707303888/

• 3 weeks later...
It's tried updating for me, but I paused the download, set the game to not update automatically and then went offline in Steam.

As long as the update hasn't actually installed and you're in offline mode in steam you should be able to start the game and GFWL should still load up.

If you've lost your save use the instructions in this link;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/810938810707303888/

Never came across the update you're reffering to. Can you be more precise on how you did it?

Never came across the update you're reffering to. Can you be more precise on how you did it?

It's simply the update to remove the GFWL interface from the game. If you go into your library -> right click on Arkham City -> Properties -> updates -> in the drop down box select "Do not automatically update this game" close the window, put steam in offline mode and then run the game. If GFWL pops up your good to go, if not then your game has been updated.

It's simply the update to remove the GFWL interface from the game. If you go into your library -> right click on Arkham City -> Properties -> updates -> in the drop down box select "Do not automatically update this game" close the window, put steam in offline mode and then run the game. If GFWL pops up your good to go, if not then your game has been updated.

Just downloaded it again and turned off the auto-updates. After the download completed, I went in Offline mode. Got in the game and still had no option in signing in. Perhaps the update is within the installation, and therefore you cannot get rid of the update anymore :/

• 3 months later...
Just downloaded it again and turned off the auto-updates. After the download completed, I went in Offline mode. Got in the game and still had no option in signing in. Perhaps the update is within the installation, and therefore you cannot get rid of the update anymore :/

The update becomes a part of the base install after it goes live on Steam, it isn't like GFWL where you have to install the update after the initial install. Your only other option would be buying the GOTY retail disk, I highly doubt that will be changed over to Steam because the update would have to go through the GFWL service.

• 4 months later...