Ohio State is Done...

ShaunMichael80

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol OSU isn't winning that game

Of course they arent winning. The game hasn't started. Last year when your wolverines were number 5, there wasnt any chance app state would win either. Looking back on it, oh my they did. In addition, that was one of the best teams Michigan has fielded talent wise in the last 5 years. Ok so one of OSU's best players isnt 100 percent. Even at 75% he is better than a lot of backs.

as a buckeye fan and a resident of columbus, ohio. all that we have been hearing about on our news broadcast this week is about the status of chris wells. last time i checked he was at a reported 75% and no longer limping. but i guess a 75% wells is better than no wells at all. i just hope that saturday goes well so carson palmer can finally shut up

It really doesn't matter if Wells plays or not. USC is going to throttle OSU. The only thing that Wells would insure for OSU is that the score wouldn't get TOO out of hand. OSU has talent, but it pales in comparison to USC's. I'm beginning to think that the media will never let go of their obsession with the Big 10...in my lifetime. There's been a paradigm shift people...college football does not thrive there anymore, and as much as alot of the media want it...it doesn't thrive in the ACC either. The SEC rules all...stop kidding yourselves. The Pac-10 isn't what everyone wishes it was either...but it's much, much more powerful than the Big-10. Commence with the flaming from people who actually believe and follow Lee Corso!

Let's take a look at the SEC and the BIG XII ranked teams.

SEC:

2. Georgia

4. Florida

7. LSU

9. Auburn

11. Alabama

That alone has 5 of the Top 25 teams according to the AP Top 25. Here's the Big XII now.

BIG XII:

3. Oklahoma

6. Missouri

8. Texas

12. Texas Tech

13. Kansas.

Now if you look at those stats, out of 25 teams, 10 of them are from 2 conferences. That's 40% of the teams from 2 conferences. Knowing these 2 conferences, there will be more moving in and the Big 10 moving out. The Big 10 is a pathetic conference and everyone knows it.

Let's take a look at the SEC and the BIG XII ranked teams.

Now if you look at those stats, out of 25 teams, 10 of them are from 2 conferences. That's 40% of the teams from 2 conferences. Knowing these 2 conferences, there will be more moving in and the Big 10 moving out. The Big 10 is a pathetic conference and everyone knows it.

Well DONE!!!

Naturally there will be a few losses here and there that will move some of those teams around...like when Georgia plays Bama, and when TX plays OU...but this is a nice example of the current state of college football. Things aren't going to change a great deal in the coming years either...:woop:

Edited by Deathblow23

Hmmm....... 35-3

That answers that question

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-09/42340502.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-09/42340501.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-09/42340500.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/60a6cfb8-2a03-43ad-b7be-15270ba0b666.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/bfe3e5a7-e945-47fb-b029-db119aac9858.jpg

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics13/800/IL/ILFCKFCJFNWVGHV.20080914023214.JPG

Edited by RTyPE9

Now that's it's over and the dust has settled...let's ask ourselves one small question.

Would "Beanie" Wells have been able to account for 32 points?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:................:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:................:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yeah...I didn't think so.

Would he have played defense too, and maybe been able to cover USC's WR's who were blowing past OSU's corners?(Ok...they have 1 DECENT corner.)

Nope...so that settles it then.

(a hush falls over the Big-10 crowd)

Now that's it's over and the dust has settled...let's ask ourselves one small question.

Would "Beanie" Wells have been able to account for 32 points?

Yeah...I didn't think so.

Would he have played defense too, and maybe been able to cover USC's WR's who were blowing past OSU's corners?(Ok...they have 1 DECENT corner.)

Nope...so that settles it then.

(a hush falls over the Big-10 crowd)

I had been a fan of OSU until they hired Tressell in '01, and since then haven't like them. They are 'okay' year after year but play in a garbage Mid-Major Confrence. Name one team who can THROTTLE USC, LSU, BAMA, OU or MU. You can't, because they play jv teams, ie Mich and Youngstown. They won thier championship because they had a NFL Pro Bowler as Freshman RB who didn't have a brain and still doesn't.

USC dominates they way they do because its SoCal. Its LA, big stage and champs that come and go like cake. Pete Carroll if preferable to the A-Hole that is Nick Saban and with 3 Heismans in what 5/6 years? People will flock to them (4 ***** RUNNING BACKS!! WTF!?!?!) They do not reload, they go from a 12 round clip to a 16 to a 25 to a 50 to a 100 round drum. They just out recruit everyone. They would do well in the SEC this year man. They wouldn't throttle Florida or BAMA like they did the two scrub teams they played, but they would win.

The SEC is THE BEST confrence hands down. The reason their records "suck" according to the BCS computers is they play 4-7 bowl games per year and will lose some (someone has to lose, right?) and be bumped down.

I am a huge MU fan, always have been (l've in Missouri for crying out loud) and love watching them play and *dreams* of them throttling USC in BCS championship game, but know they will compete and fight, but jsut aren't the best team (defense way to weak at times and offense gets cold in a hurry) in the land, unless God forbid some big teams have some injuries. Otherwise they will be a BCS bowl team (should have been last year after raping Kansas all game, score did not do it justice. Was there and Kansas was not in the same class) and should win their game, but the BCS champ, barring injury will be 50/50 USC or SEC Team. No doubt in my mind that those are the only ways for it to unfold unless MU or OU runs the able and wins soundly in the champ game, then the computers will mess it up and make everyone know there needs to be a playoff.

Yes Playoff this year, top 5 Big XII w/ 5 SEC, USC and Wisconsin filling out the roster. By far, a sound way to decide it instead of current way where OSU wouldn't have made it past pee-wee tryouts last year or year before. OSU= Epic Fail

I had been a fan of OSU until they hired Tressell in '01, and since then haven't like them. They are 'okay' year after year but play in a garbage Mid-Major Confrence. Name one team who can THROTTLE USC, LSU, BAMA, OU or MU. You can't, because they play jv teams, ie Mich and Youngstown. They won thier championship because they had a NFL Pro Bowler as Freshman RB who didn't have a brain and still doesn't.

USC dominates they way they do because its SoCal. Its LA, big stage and champs that come and go like cake. Pete Carroll if preferable to the A-Hole that is Nick Saban and with 3 Heismans in what 5/6 years? People will flock to them (4 ***** RUNNING BACKS!! WTF!?!?!) They do not reload, they go from a 12 round clip to a 16 to a 25 to a 50 to a 100 round drum. They just out recruit everyone. They would do well in the SEC this year man. They wouldn't throttle Florida or BAMA like they did the two scrub teams they played, but they would win.

The SEC is THE BEST confrence hands down. The reason their records "suck" according to the BCS computers is they play 4-7 bowl games per year and will lose some (someone has to lose, right?) and be bumped down.

I am a huge MU fan, always have been (l've in Missouri for crying out loud) and love watching them play and *dreams* of them throttling USC in BCS championship game, but know they will compete and fight, but jsut aren't the best team (defense way to weak at times and offense gets cold in a hurry) in the land, unless God forbid some big teams have some injuries. Otherwise they will be a BCS bowl team (should have been last year after raping Kansas all game, score did not do it justice. Was there and Kansas was not in the same class) and should win their game, but the BCS champ, barring injury will be 50/50 USC or SEC Team. No doubt in my mind that those are the only ways for it to unfold unless MU or OU runs the able and wins soundly in the champ game, then the computers will mess it up and make everyone know there needs to be a playoff.

Yes Playoff this year, top 5 Big XII w/ 5 SEC, USC and Wisconsin filling out the roster. By far, a sound way to decide it instead of current way where OSU wouldn't have made it past pee-wee tryouts last year or year before. OSU= Epic Fail

I agree with 99% of your post. Carroll and Saban are NFL coaches...with major NFL ties. Players that come to those types of schools know going in that they are going to play in NFL schemes/offenses and,...let's face it...if they can keep their character issues to a minimum, then they will be able to use those coaches to parlay a nice draft slot. As for MU, OU and the Big 12. I think OU will also have a tought time with Texas. The reason is because that is a very heated rivalry and no matter what the records are coming in, it's usually close...except for the Chris Simms era. He was OU's best player for his entire Texas career.

MU is a serious title contender from what I have seen. I am so glad you pointed out that the SEC schedule is the equivalent of 4-7 bowl games each year. You have proven to me that someone out there has finally figured it out. If there was something similar to an NFL developmental league, then the SEC would be it because so many of its players end up there.

We can talk about USC all night...but mark my words...they will crumble before too long and it will end in shame because of NCAA violations. IT WILL HAPPEN!

• 2 weeks later...
MU is a serious title contender from what I have seen. I am so glad you pointed out that the SEC schedule is the equivalent of 4-7 bowl games each year. You have proven to me that someone out there has finally figured it out. If there was something similar to an NFL developmental league, then the SEC would be it because so many of its players end up there.

We can talk about USC all night...but mark my words...they will crumble before too long and it will end in shame because of NCAA violations. IT WILL HAPPEN!

Yes, MU is a serious contender but they have to figure out what happened to the supposed top 10 defense pre-season. Its gone.

USC is built upon violations, look at Reggie Bush. I believe they will be hit yet again after the fact, but hey look at it this way. Colleges make how much off of thier play? They should be paid just like thier NFL conterparts. Either recognize the college game as either pro or not. Stop paying out the ass for these games and shunning the kids or give them a nice kick back. Fair is Fair.

Yes SEC could have beaten every NFL Europe team is they still existed and most Canadian and areana teams. The top teams are just beastly.

Edited by ZZBroncos