Simulator Strategies + Medal Requirements Guide

linkin10362

I can't seem to get Goblin to hit the enemies on his glider. Can anyone offer me advice on how to accomplish this/what height to be at?

I hear you. Heavy Metal ones are kicking my @$$ and the Adrenaline Rush/Surge aren't my friends either. I don't know whats up my goblin hits nothing. The JG trick doesn't really work for me either. Both of them get taken down fast when I try to use them. I keep trying but have a feeling I'm missing something using these characters. I stay low to ground and aim in the direction and it seems like the shots just whizz right past them and then 10 grenades hurl my way and they hit me despite me moving.

Gonna keep trying though. It sounds like a good strat and when he does hit the health goes down pretty fast.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issacard: Are you at level 60 yet because if this difficulty thing is true,then that might help. BTW, I have started to experiment with Boost to see what works best with each challenge,so I have started to update Recommended Boost. More to come tomorrow

I am level sixity. And still they seem to be kicking my ass.

Are you using the three boost I recommended because those helped me through it.

I'm using the characters and boosts you recommend. The 2 Heavy Metals and 2 Adrenaline missions are just pissing me off at this point. The are the only 4 that I still only have silver on. The other 8 NP gold. I just don't get what I'm missing here. My characters are level 60 and its taking me forever to get through 1 round of the 10 robots. By the time I'm done with the first wave I only have like 2 minutes left. I can't see tearing through them 4-5 times. Seems like it takes about 15 seconds just to run through all 10 terminals activating them. That leaves only about 35-40 seconds to kill all 10 of them. I just can't see how this is possible to go through 4/5 rounds of robots.

If hold still and aim into the crowd 6-7 grenades fling my way and explode. If I fly though them the glider always hits something that makes me land and then they have their way with me and I feel like Jodie Foster in the Accused. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I'm not even try to do the Adrenaline missions I'm just trying to get through the first Heavy Metal one. I figure once I do that with this method then the Heavier Metal should be easy to do as well. Then I can work on the Adrenaline ones.

I'm using the characters and boosts you recommend. The 2 Heavy Metals and 2 Adrenaline missions are just pissing me off at this point. The are the only 4 that I still only have silver on. The other 8 NP gold. I just don't get what I'm missing here. My characters are level 60 and its taking me forever to get through 1 round of the 10 robots. By the time I'm done with the first wave I only have like 2 minutes left. I can't see tearing through them 4-5 times. Seems like it takes about 15 seconds just to run through all 10 terminals activating them. That leaves only about 35-40 seconds to kill all 10 of them. I just can't see how this is possible to go through 4/5 rounds of robots.

If hold still and aim into the crowd 6-7 grenades fling my way and explode. If I fly though them the glider always hits something that makes me land and then they have their way with me and I feel like Jodie Foster in the Accused. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I'm not even try to do the Adrenaline missions I'm just trying to get through the first Heavy Metal one. I figure once I do that with this method then the Heavier Metal should be easy to do as well. Then I can work on the Adrenaline ones.

Tell you what, add me and I'll help you out tomorrow as I have stuff to do today so I can't go online right now

Quick Question:

I know this has kind of been addressed, but when is the best time to tackle these? As soon as you pick up the required sim disk in a stage, or at the end of the game when you're mopping up before beating the last boss, and all leveled up with plenty of boosts, powers etc?

The only reason I ask is that those of you who played the first will remember that these scaled in difficulty along with your level. So if you waited until the end of the game, some of the simulator missions could have gotten frightfully difficult, especially since they were tied to specific characters (many of whom quickly fall behind in usefulness). I suppose it's less of a problem here since your aren't forced to use losers like Blade, but still, any general observations would be greatly appreciated.

so, has anyone actually done the 2 heavy metals on Legendary level? linkin10362 and I tried to do one tonight and we got 67k but still very short of the 100k needed to gold the the level. These are the only two that I need to complete and can't even come close it seems. I really don't want to restart the game and do it on heroic but its looking like that might be what has to happen. Any advice help would be great. Thanks. And yes, my characters are level 60.

EXPLOIT!

Just found this while trying to get the sim missions with a friend. I'm betting it'll be cleaned up by the time this game patches again, but here's what I found.

I was playing over LIVE with another x360a member, and we first tried to run through the few sim missions I didn't have gold on my save file. I was at about 7/8 Gold metals by this point, and we were able to grab me another two, I believe. Then we said "F- this, let's go do Trivia". That went a bit awry, but the point is we ended up on his save file by the end of it. So we loaded up his sim missions and went back to add some golds to his record.

I got the achievement for 12 Gold Metals, while playing on his account, on missions I had already gotten Gold in on my save file!

Moral of the story? Go grab a XBL buddy, find at least 6 sim missions you can easily do with a partner, then play them once on each player's save file. I'm betting you could even cut this to 3 missions, if you had a full force of players and save files.

Just thought I'd let the public know. :D

EXPLOIT!

Just found this while trying to get the sim missions with a friend. I'm betting it'll be cleaned up by the time this game patches again, but here's what I found.

I was playing over LIVE with another x360a member, and we first tried to run through the few sim missions I didn't have gold on my save file. I was at about 7/8 Gold metals by this point, and we were able to grab me another two, I believe. Then we said "F- this, let's go do Trivia". That went a bit awry, but the point is we ended up on his save file by the end of it. So we loaded up his sim missions and went back to add some golds to his record.

I got the achievement for 12 Gold Metals, while playing on his account, on missions I had already gotten Gold in on my save file!

Moral of the story? Go grab a XBL buddy, find at least 6 sim missions you can easily do with a partner, then play them once on each player's save file. I'm betting you could even cut this to 3 missions, if you had a full force of players and save files.

Just thought I'd let the public know. :D

Nice Info, I will add this to the guide.

Thanks to Dlark17, we now have a new stategy that you can use to get the gold achievement. First, go on your save with a friend and get as many golds as you can. Then once you can't get anymore, go to your friend's save and do some golds on there and you should get the achievement. Say for example you have 11 on your save and just can't do Breakout, well go on your friend's save and do one of the missions he hasn't got a gold in yet and you will get the achievement.

are F**king serious...ive been pounding on thick skull cuz i had 10 gold medals on my stats but my simluator would say i had 12 on everything i though i was screw! will try this out!!!saved me

For Adrenaline Surge I used Deadpool, Nick Fury, Jean Grey and Green Goblin. Just do the Stun Combo(A,B,B) until you get gold. Oh and use Nick Fury and Deadpool's fusion as soon as you can.

^Using Deadpool I got gold on Adrenaline Surge my first try.

Adrenaline Rush is similar but instead kill enemies by using Nick Fury's dash move.

While the new trick is pretty cool, there is still a problem. If you want the achievement for getting all team boosts you are still going to have to finish all the sims on your own at some point.

For whoever was asking about Heavy / Heavier Metal on Legendary, I just finished them both. You really need a co-op parter though or it is literally impossible, because the computer-controlled heroes do like 3 damage per attack for some reason. For Heavy Metal I used Jean Grey and my partner used Ms Marvel. Jean can fly all the way up and spam her X attack, for some reason it still hits all enemies below here unlike almost every other hero's attacks. Ms. Marvel can just spam her beam attack as it goes through multiple enemies and deal a lot of damage. Thor also works as a secondary char, using his Y attack in the air. Make sure you turn on all the robots at once and try to get them to group up.

I found Heavier Metal much easier. You get about 20 less seconds, but the robots are worth twice as much and you still only need 100k points. For this I used Thor and spammed his B attack, killed each robot in a couple seconds with Ms. Marvel spamming beams as backup. Don't power up all the robots at once for this one, I usually did 3-5 at a time so I didn't get overwhelmed, and focus on one at a time.

The only one I need left is Breakout, and it is absolutely the worst gaming experience I have ever encountered. A really, really shitty MGS rip-off is the last thing I want in an action RPG.

Oh yeah

I used Nick Fury's Plasma Volley(RT+Y) on most of the mission especially Heavy Metal Heavier Metal (reached 10k with a min left)Compare to Jean Grey's Maxed RT+X the highest dmg is 650. And since Nick Fury can fly too this would be pretty easy to achieve.

I Maxed Nick Fury's Plasma Volley and used Power Up III, IV and Powerful Boost. I'm inflicting 800-950dmg multiple times lets say to a single enemy. it's pretty devasting on a large group of enemy. its quick and easy.

i'm running my 2nd play through and nick fury's plasma volley wipes out everything and quick damage against bosses. should be no problem getting the 'Immortal Heroics'

Edited by OmegaFlip