Lost your stuff?

otaking live

Ever misplace something or simply not know what happened to something that you own?

The other day I was watching season 1 of Drawn Together with some friends and went to get season 2. It was missing as was my season 3. I tore the place apart and remembered I lent them to a friend nearly 2 years ago. After some detective work confirmed he still has them. Can't believe I forgot about them for so long! And glad he still has them.

Now I can't find some other DVD's. I DID lend them to a friend about 4 years ago......wonder if he ever gave them back......

This is why I try not to lend out games or anything! You sometimes just simply forget.

I have a rule for myself...don't borrow and don't lend. Years ago I loaned out a record...yes a 33 1/3 LP, it was the 70s...and when I got it back, it looked like it was dragged behind a car.

As for losing other stuff, when we moved, I "lost" several photo albums of me and wrestlers that are in the house SOMEWHERE. I'm sure they're in some boxes we've never opened up.

I used to lose stuff in the same exact way: lending. So I solved that issue the simple way by not lending anymore unless I keep direct tabs on it.

I've lost probably $1,000 in the past ten years to lending games, peripherals and DVDs that never got returned, or were so poorly kept while being borrowed that they may as well have been thrown away.

I tend to not lend stuff out, I lent my Oblivion GOTY strategy guide to a good friend got it back dog eared and water damaged. It was in mint condition :(

I sometimes misplace discs but they are all in the binder regardless just not where there are supposed to be

I run Delicious Library to keep that "never get stuff back" bullshit from happening. Turns it into like a public library checkout. If someone's overdue on returning something, it'll pop up a warning for me in my calendar, and I can give them a call and get it back. Or if they've lost it, I can shoot them an email right to the Amazon page so they can replace it.

Lost/misplaced some clothes in a recent move. Also, just lost my wallet a few weeks ago. Not sure how I lost it-- I bought some groceries and as I was getting in my car I got a phone call. Answered it and probably dropped the wallet as I was getting in my car. :mad:

ooo0, damn that sucks. ive lost my wallet before and its a terrible feeling, especially if you have all your IDs + debit card and cash in there:(.

what i keep doing recently is leaving my keys on the counter when im purchasing something (food, video game, ect). i dont know why, its soo stupid. i never used to do that, but every once in a while i catch myself and turn around like "whoops!! i need these to go home." most of the time its the employee who goes, "umm sir, your keys?" i feel like a morron.

aside from spacing out and forgetting my keys like that, i have a bad habbit of losing shit in my room. i will come home from work and cant find my glasses, lighter, phone, whatever it is. then i will find one thing, look for another and flip flop because i lost the first thing. lol hmmm, this thread makes me look bad. marijuana affects the memory.

I think I've lost a grand total of 1 DVD from loaning stuff out, I'm pretty good about knowing who has what and trusting the right people. The person emailed me offereing to return the DVD, but I said don't worry, It's on bluray anyway, lol

I've never lost a game before though. in the Atari/NES days we used to swap games all the time, but they always ended up back where they belong (I'm sure thanks to parents, lol). I've never lost a 360/PS3 game because I don't have any friends in real life that game, lol.

I did have a bag of Star Wars figures I lost back in 82 or so...just never figured out what happened to them...

It pisses me off all the time which makes me even angrier. Then I get so mad that I can't think straight and assume aliens beamed into my room and stole it and that's why i can't find it.

I legit got so mad once when I couldn't find something that that happened.... found it later and realized I overreacted pretty damn hard

I have a rule for myself...don't borrow and don't lend.

I will borrow occasionally but I refuse to lend. I've had my Halo 2 disk returned with what looked like it run under sand paper or a grinder and I've had games that were "lost". I consider myself responsible enough to know how to treat someone's property. However, I've been burned a few times and won't let it happen again.

I tend to lose dvd's all the time as I have a huge collection and im the guy everyone wants to borrow films off. so when i do this i completely forget what ive lent out and who too. Its only when i see a film on tv and think 'hey im sure i had that film on dvd' and then i cant find it anywhere and have no clue who has it.

Place something in a big, open area like a table with nothing else on it...come back in 30 minutes and it's gone. Where does this make sense? ESPECIALLY when you live alone.

I blame it on ghosts. Happens all the time with a variety of crap. Though it's probably gremlins or whatever the heck steals your underwear at night.

I've seemingly lost my copy of Halo 2 Vista and have no idea where it is. I've got two other games "missing" right now: my copy of Fallout 3 for the PC which is probably lost somewhere in my buddy's basement, and my copy of Black Ops which is now somewhere in British Columbia I'm sure. I lent that to the same dude that has Fallout even though at that point I knew that I really shouldn't be lending him things at all. I lent him the first season of House way back in the day and when I got it back the discs were all mucked up to some extent and one of the disc holders was broken. As for how my Black Ops ended up in BC... he took it over to his cousin's one night and forgot it there. And guess who moved to BC?

At some point I had lost my second copy of GTAIV. Turns out my brother sold it to one of his friends (what a bastard!). I got that back though.

I'm a firm believer in "Don't Lend, Don't Borrow"...

I loaned a DVD to a "friend" once, then had to go through at least 4 of his other buddies to track it down before I wrote it off as a loss and replaced it. I also loaned an old VHS tape I'd RENTED to someone and he destroyed it. Learned the hard way how expensive the video store copy costs...

If someone asks now if they can borrow, I usually go over with the game/movie and bring it back when I return... IF I'm feeling up for it.