Impressions of Shadow Broker dlc?

SgtSharpshot

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9.5 out of 10

The only drawback was your party not talking at all except for literally 1 sentence. Although it was sweet that the squad mate you take with you are mentioned by the Shadow Broker. I don't think that is really a spoiler for anyone though. The missions were solid, the story was solid, the vehicle mission really broke up the load of regular gameplay, the dialogue was FANTASTIC! Liara mentions all the things you did throughout the game and changes based on how you handled the Collector Base and if you finished the story or not. I played through as a female Shepard that romanced Liara and was in the middle of the game, and then as a male Shepard that finished the game but romanced Ashley first game and cheated with Tali.

9.5 out of 10

The only drawback was your party not talking at all except for literally 1 sentence. Although it was sweet that the squad mate you take with you are mentioned by the Shadow Broker. I don't think that is really a spoiler for anyone though. The missions were solid, the story was solid, the vehicle mission really broke up the load of regular gameplay, the dialogue was FANTASTIC! Liara mentions all the things you did throughout the game and changes based on how you handled the Collector Base and if you finished the story or not. I played through as a female Shepard that romanced Liara and was in the middle of the game, and then as a male Shepard that finished the game but romanced Ashley first game and cheated with Tali.

i agree with all ya said basically the same for me, minus the romancing bit. i really enjoyed this more than the other ones upto date, one thing i don't get are the video things on the console, some are funny and some are just, i don't know why they are even no there. the audio is just horrid i couldn't make any words out maybe its just me.

it's definately the best piece I was a bit disappointed in which when some key points where mentioned in the build up made it sound as if Liara returns to the squad forever instead of just the mission but that was it, the boss fights where definately the best in the entire game especially on hardcore found them harder than some on Insanity and I like the base. I just want to know what decisions in this DLC affect Mass Effect 3.

It was a bit shorter than I expected, but the story was fantastic.

hm i guess it could have been short, was annoying a some points they had mass mass waves of troops keeping you pinned down for 10mins, story was fantastic, altho i found the assassin to be predicable i knew soon as i sore. liara died really stupidly sometimes, was very annoying >_<

hm i guess it could have been short, was annoying a some points they had mass mass waves of troops keeping you pinned down for 10mins, story was fantastic, altho i found the assassin to be predicable i knew soon as i sore. liara died really stupidly sometimes, was very annoying >_<

Think Bioware did all they could to make you know.

Think Bioware did all they could to make you know.

yeah i know but id like to be surprised once in awhile :(, i must admit i also did like the extra bit with liara at the end, was a special moment, im also glad there was a x difficulty achievement otherwise id have just ploughed through least then made it a challenge.

How much gameplay do you get out of this? I haven't decided whether I should get it or not yet.

Took me about 3 hours on insanity - some sections are quite tough as the game drops enemies in behind your lines, and the boss fights are also solid.

Soon as I finished last night I did Samara's recruitment mission and absolutely breezed through it - still on Insanity - it was really, really simple by comparison.

Solid 9.5/10 for me. I found it hugely fun and the difficulty perfectly balanced on Hardcore. Don't let the fairly short length scare you, there's a ton of quality content here and the 2-3 hours for me felt more like 5. Really, really, solid stuff Bioware, keep this up!

Solid 9.5/10 for me. I found it hugely fun and the difficulty perfectly balanced on Hardcore. Don't let the fairly short length scare you, there's a ton of quality content here and the 2-3 hours for me felt more like 5. Really, really, solid stuff Bioware, keep this up!

the dlc was awesome by far best of the lot ive gotta say and a key plot story, intended to be played before me3, prolly going to help loads if you have it done. im glad they made u do it on a harder differ for the achievement its better than rushing on casual makes you think more. and all the bonuses are brill aswell. i do love the ship model you get with it, that was sweet. and the dogtag plaque thing, that was awesome to.

2-3 hours of gameplay is not a "good deal" for me for ten bucks. Additionally the ending was stupid and pathetic story telling, not only revealing who the Shadow Broker is (an absolute nobody) but also killing him in what I think is one of the easiest fights in the entire game (seriously the Spectre chick was hard than he was).

Only things worthwhile on this are the rewards afterward of the crew files and little movies (also skill resets and automatic mining) but 90% of that can be found online for free.

This DLC is a horrible rip off, and if this is truly their "biggest DLC yet" then the others must have all been five minute snooze fests because the length of this is just pathetic.

2-3 hours of gameplay is not a "good deal" for me for ten bucks. Additionally the ending was stupid and pathetic story telling, not only revealing who the Shadow Broker is (an absolute nobody) but also killing him in what I think is one of the easiest fights in the entire game (seriously the Spectre chick was hard than he was).

Only things worthwhile on this are the rewards afterward of the crew files and little movies (also skill resets and automatic mining) but 90% of that can be found online for free.

This DLC is a horrible rip off, and if this is truly their "biggest DLC yet" then the others must have all been five minute snooze fests because the length of this is just pathetic.

you are right the spectre chick was way harder than him, 2nd point aswell. ive always thought the dlc for mass effect some of them wasn't worth the full 800 points, this one i think is prolly on the mark i got a lot of enjoyment out of it, as the shadow broker is one of the key characters in the universe and a key player.

it is by far the biggest one if i remember and yer it didn't seem hugely longer than the others but the experience was way better than the others and ofc actualyl a decent amount of points comapred to the skimpy other ones.