Oh God the Visuals are so awful

SK L4xX

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can kind of see what the OP is saying.

The lack of anti-aliasing and the way things appear makes everything look "sharpened", and at first it can play tricks on your eyes and look a little weird to be honest. After about an hour though, it goes completely away and everything in the game looks as flawless as you'd imagine.

The graphics are great.

From what I've been reading, installing the play disk makes the game load objects much slower. So you have a ton more pop ins, they said using a flashdrive to play off of fixed the pop in problem for them.

Install disc on hdd & play disc on flash drive (no idea if splitting the install would even work) or both on flash?

OP your talking nonsense, I could not comment until I had it in front of my own eyes, I think it looks as good as any other game of this type, sure I have not even seen all the magic as yet.

But so far looks as pretty as Red Dead, maybe screenshots from next gen games have made people forget what hardware we playing on

peace

n-joi

gameplay which looks like shit and lags as hell.... thank you rockstar

you fucking moron do you know what LAG is? you cant lag in a game thats not online.. do you mean frame drops? why dont you try making a 1080p 60fps game on 8 year old hardware you little shit

also first time PC mustard rice babby pls go

Here's my analysis of the graphics:

(and just to be clear, I only have disc 1 installed)

The textures and draw distance is incredible and beautiful when you are standing still or simply on foot.

When driving at slow speeds, you can start to notice a slight drop in frame-rate. But the textures and draw distance is still amazingly good.

Finally, when you start speeding along quickly, the framerate noticeably drops and you can see some pop-in.

---

Considering ALL you can do and the level of activity by AI in this game, I'm amazed that a 8-year old console with only 512MB of RAM is capable of RUNNING this game, let alone running it as well as it does.

If you want to play this game with smoother graphics, buy it on PC. Or hit up Rockstar to port it over to Xbox One (& PS4). Honestly, after only playing it for about 4 hours last night before my eyelids were floating, I know I'd buy this again for the X1 if they released it for that system.

The game is already beautiful. But if they don't announce they're porting it to the X1 by next E3, I'll probably buy it during Steam's next "Summer Sale" ...