Well Hiding Spots

Anyone else notice how there is a lot less well spots in this game? Well, next time your screwing around go to a bomb crafting table and make a Thunder Bomb (Any shell except Tripwire, Any size powder, and Coal Dust). And run around for awhile until you come upon a well with a cover. Whip out your bomb hold :ybut:, and aim it on top, toss and watch as you uncover the hole. I found it while I was trying to lure some guards into a giant group for Most Pit achievement. And on a side note, If your going for the Fast Fingers achievement , they wont loot anyone that's been killed by poison, datura or otherwise. So just get groups together and arrow storm them.

Edited by Sinaris1220
Spelling

I have reached the point in the game where I've collected all items in the "Additional Memories" tab, and the tab itself hasn't been shaded in, so I have a theory: The hidden well spots are a final piece of collection items that the game doesn't track! Provided I'm a diehard AC single player fan, most folks could give two craps about this. I have found 18 of the 31, but I could really use a possible "well location" guide...? If anyone gets a wild hair, or finds a guide, please, send me a message on the site. I'd love to be able to knock these out.

One note, however, I've noticed that most of the wells are in heavily civilian-populated areas, while there are a few that are tucked away in courtyards and the like. Stay off of the rooftops and walk the streets to find some!

I have reached the point in the game where I've collected all items in the "Additional Memories" tab, and the tab itself hasn't been shaded in, so I have a theory: The hidden well spots are a final piece of collection items that the game doesn't track!

If that's true, them I'm so going to hunt them down. I thought it wasn't shaded out because of the three hidden treasures that are in the hidden location that isn't available to me.

I have 14 of 31 of these. Does anyone know for a *fact* that it doesn't unlock anything? I too am intrigued that the additional memories section doesn't light up even after getting all fragment, treasures, etc. Has anyone here found all the wells? I can't find anything about this online anywhere else. A map maybe?

Do wells increase income? Granted I have the 1k already, but it would have been nice to get money faster for the Sage chievo

I've seen you about couple dozen times now on the X360a forums, especially, if not only, on Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum threads, and if you only had spent about 10% on AC:R (the actual game) of the time spent on these forums ... you'd be well on your way to 30k/20min. ;)

Just opened up my 30th of 31 earlier today. No there is no way of seeing how many you have, short of opening a new one. No they don't increase the income. If/When I get the last one I'll let you know, but what else is there to unlock? No capes in this game, I've got all the weapons, the MP profile pics are from Desmond's Journey, don't think it'll unlock anything new. And they only show up on the map when your escaping from people, like the other hiding spots (little light blue dots)

I've seen you about couple dozen times now on the X360a forums, especially, if not only, on Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum threads, and if you only had spent about 10% on AC:R (the actual game) of the time spent on these forums ... you'd be well on your way to 30k/20min. ;)

Well it's the only new game I have and currently AC:R is the only game I have that is getting any forum activity of the games I have so you can't really blame me for that. :p I only really threw this question out there for anyone else finding the Sage achievement to be time consuming, for future reference.

And believe me having only 2 classes of school a week I have put in plenty of time into AC:R (and I'm here during just those classes :biglaugh)

I've been at 100% completion for a while now... as far as I know, the wells are the only thing left to discover (I'm at around 19/31, I believe).

I was planning on making a map as well after seeing that nobody had made one yet, but just now I noticed something...

The wells are already on the map.

They show up as black circles with light circles around them (an aerial view of the well, lol).

Here's what it looks like (center frame):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/nick53182/IMG_20111206_065227.jpg

As you can kind of see here, that IS one of the wells that I haven't opened yet:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/nick53182/IMG_20111206_065153.jpg

I'd like to sincerely apologize for the quality of these pics, but I do not at the moment have a capture card... so they're from my phone. I'm going to try and find high quality maps of the entire world and locate all 31. I'll post again if/when I finish.

Hopefully this helps! Good luck.

There is a map already, been around for a little while now, as I linked to it in another thread on here, but it only shows 27/31. As far as I can tell, no one has definitely found more than these 27 wells:

These links are to maps that show 27/31 of the blocked wells, made by Pro_Zelda at Gamefaqs:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7793/galatau.jpg

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9...tantinople.jpg

Well, hot damn! I can ALREADY add a couple to that map just from the ones I've found by visually analyzing the game map!

Actually... I can add the rest of them.

Here you go:

Galata Wells || Constantinople Wells

Hmm...

I count 31 on the two maps now. But I think a couple of the ones on the map you linked earlier were not ever sealed... just wells, and thus do not count toward the total. I say this because I just visited every spot on both maps, and I'm now at 29/31 (Or was it 28? Crap... is there anywhere in game you can check the number?). There was a well at every location, but I think I remember a couple that didn't have debris on top.

With no offense to eNeME, I would encourage everyone to ignore his posts.

eNeME, I noticed the wells on the map weeks ago. The reason I said nothing is twofold. Firstly, there are quite a few of the wells that need to be uncovered which have overhanging foliage or architecture above them, making them invisible on the map. Secondly, a good number of the ones that are visible are already open, and have been since the beginning of the game. I'd suggest researching more thoroughly next time. Hopefully you've learned from this mistake.

Finally, to ease your confusion and anyone else's, the maps that WeskersHenchman posted are indeed accurate, and the maps you posted are faulty. Also, you're at 27. The highest anyone has gotten is 27, including Sinaris, at least until he can prove it with pics.

Ha. You're funny. I AM at, at the LEAST, 28/31 on wells. I saw that pop up on the screen. My only confusion is whether or not I got one after that.

I just made a new profile and it seems you are correct about the wells that I marked on the map. They were already uncovered. But I know with 100% certainty that I have more than 27 unlocked.

Don't try to act like you know more than the other people here. You have no way of knowing whether or not anyone has more than 27 wells uncovered. There are 31 in the game and just because YOU couldn't find them does NOT mean nobody else could.

And by the way, just a lesson on the English language and courtesy: if you wish not to offend someone you don't know, you probably shouldn't say, "Hopefully you've learned from this mistake." You are not, in any way, my superior and have no right to speak to me as if you were. And researching thoroughly? Were you not there when I said that this is all that's left for me to do in the game? I've been searching for these wells since the only hits on Google for "Well Hiding Spots" were tutorials on how to hide your weed stash.

Of course, we both know you weren't trying not to offend me.

Fuck off, and have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...