Vase Breaker Endless

Does anyone know how to exit a game without having the phone save your progress?

I'm stuck on vase breaker endless and keep dying around 6-9 streak. I usually save my progress at the begining of each stage. Just wondering if you can quit out without it saving at your current progress in case I make a mistake, so I can continue at the begining of the stage again??

I guess that would make it too easy. Might have to keep grinding this one out, hopefully I may get lucky.

Tried pulling the battery but, when going back to game, it starts back at the first wave.

I finally got the achievement last night, but it was really more luck than skill. Everything just went my way, by wave 13 I had over 600 sun. Those cherry bombs really made it easy on the last 2 stages. Estimated 10-12 hours shooting for this achieve. Just need to complete iZombie now.

OK, I found a little trick that worked for me on i, zombie. Once you finish a level let your phone goto sleep or back out to save your progress. Now go back and play the level. If you mess up and die, dont hit the continue button. Instead hit the main menu button and then go back into the game and it will continue from point your phone went to sleep or you backed out.

Hi Hellfire - sounds great but can't get it to work?? This is what I am doing:

Getting to the start of a new level

Quit out using the windows key

Getting back in to game

When I die click on main menu instead

Back in to game and it starts again....

What am I doing wrong mate??

OK, I found a little trick that worked for me on i, zombie. Once you finish a level let your phone goto sleep or back out to save your progress. Now go back and play the level. If you mess up and die, dont hit the continue button. Instead hit the main menu button and then go back into the game and it will continue from point your phone went to sleep or you backed out.

That might be how I do it by accident. I noticed sometimes when I go back to it after losing it asked me to continue and I am like umm ok and it lets me start randomly in some levels. It might be where my phone went to sleep.

I can't get it to do it on purpose though. :\

Edited by sleepydumbdude

• 2 weeks later...

Use the Advanced Techniques which will help alot dude.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/m1/V2/0oCLiGJhbC9GCxoAG19SUjg4L2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAOfn5-1ZVYc=.jpg Better Off Dead 15:gsicon:

Get to a streak of 10 in I, Zombie Endless

You must complete the 1st 9 levels of I, Zombie levels 1st which unlocks I, Zombie Endless level, once you clear 10 waves in a row you will unlock Better Off Dead.

This time you are in control of the zombies instead of the plants, these levels are more of a puzzle mode so take your time and plan out your attacks.

Advanced Techniques.

Double Cone-head - Use instead of Bucket-head Zombie for double eating power.

Magnet Killer - Take out the Magnet-Shroom quick as he steals your metal powers.

Sneaky - Use you Digger zombie a lot, they can take a out a whole lane if there is no danger.

Disco! - Use Dancing zombie to take out three lanes, just make sure your lead dancer is well protected.

Madden - Use Football zombie to take down a lane with a heavy defence.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/CK/2W/04CLiGJhbC9HCxoAG19SUjg4L2FjaC8wLzEzAAAAAOfn5-y5rRQ=.jpg China Shop 15:gsicon:

Get to a streak of 15 in Vasebreaker Endless

You must complete the 1st 9 levels of Vasebreaker which unlocks the Vasebreaker Endless level, once you clear 15 waves in a row you will unlock China Shop.

Advanced Techniques.

One Pea Pause - When you have a normal zombie only use 1 Peashooter to take him down, backed up with another Snow Pea if he is close to your house. Do not open another vase in that lane until he is killed.

Holding an item - If you have a plant you don't want to use yet you can pick it up and still break vases without placing it, this is very handy with a Squash for walking your Zombies. This gives you time to open vases and pick the correct lane to plant rather that losing it or planting it on a lane that doesnt require it.

Walking zombies in a pack - Hold a Squash and when you break open a vase with a Bucket-head zombie let him walk to the next vase. When he is right in the middle of the next vase break it, if another zombie is in they will walk at the same speed. Keep opening vases as long as you feel comfortable then plant your Squash on top of the zombies to kill them all.

Wall-nut line-up - When you get a Wall-nut place it near your house then when you get a Squash break all the vases in that lane and wait until they get to the Wall-nut then plant your Squash to kill them all. This can be risky but saves you a lot of plants for the other lanes.

Cherry Bomb - Wave 10 onwards there are 2 Gargantuars! Try to save until then.

Plantern - Try to place this in the centre of the map or close to as many vases as possible. The Plantern is excellent for seeing inside the surrounding vases for you to plan your plant placement.

Rake - This only works for the first wave.

Green vases - You probably figured this out but the green vases always contain a plant.

Edited by YIP YOO

That might be how I do it by accident. I noticed sometimes when I go back to it after losing it asked me to continue and I am like umm ok and it lets me start randomly in some levels. It might be where my phone went to sleep.

I can't get it to do it on purpose though. :\

Here's what you need to do:

• At the start of a new stage lock your phone with the lock button.
  • Unlock the phone and hit resume (this has just created a save point)
  • If you F up, DO NOT hit retry, but the main menu button that's top right.
  • Navigate back to I zombie or vasebreaker and it will ask you if you want to continue.
  • VERY IMPORTANT: as soon as you continue the game you will need to do the locking part again. If you don't and then fail you will go back to level 1.

This works for both I,Zombie and Vasbreaker, just don't forget to do another backup when you re enter.

Edited by EDDS

• 3 weeks later...

• Navigate back to I zombie or vasebreaker and it will ask you if you want to continue.
  • VERY IMPORTANT: as soon as you continue the game you will need to do the locking part again. If you don't and then fail you will go back to level 1.

This works for both I,Zombie and Vasbreaker, just don't forget to do another backup when you re enter.

Just tried that method in every shape and form and it doesnt work... yeah u get the save point when u load up but if u mess up and go to main menu and then back it doesnt ask you for a continue it starts u from the beginning again.

Just tried that method in every shape and form and it doesnt work... yeah u get the save point when u load up but if u mess up and go to main menu and then back it doesnt ask you for a continue it starts u from the beginning again.

Are you actually failing the mission or just hitting the main menu button while the game is still going?

Because it will only work when you fail and it either has rety or main menu buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

works great for me on vasebreaker, havent tried it on izombie but sure it will work out fine, thanks for the tip

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip. Works like a charm!:Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

Worked like a charm. I used it on Vasebreaker. Will try I, Zombie later.

• 1 month later...

Money! On the HTC HD7

• 2 weeks later...

Who can record the video how it works?

• 2 weeks later...
Who can record the video how it works?

Just ordered myself a decent HD webcam so I'll make a vid in about a weeks time.

EDIT: maybe I won't as I just remembered I flashed my phone and lost all my save game progress and I cba going through it again to unlock the mini games.

Edited by EDDS

• 3 months later...

I said some rubbish about the game version and I take it all back. Make sure your phone is set to English if not it will not save everytime. My phone was running in French and it was impossible to do the power button glitch! Changed the phone to English which made the game run in English too. The game would then do the save glitch everytime. This may be why it is not working for everyone, because their game is not running in English.

It is really strange but I tried this at least 50 times in French, different versions of the game and phone, yet nothing and then when the game was running in English it worked everytime!

Edited by jordan40

• 11 months later...

Awesome, thanks!