DPV kill strategy?

Hent High

Very helpful tips about using the DPV jeep as a human battering machine. I have been focusing on this particular Assignment a few times recently, completely unsuccessfully because the total area of coverage covered by the damn turret is like a 30 degree arc - pathetic! I could hardly imagine an army producing a vehicle that can't even shoot the width of one headlight of the jeep to the other. Some dumb stuff!

I got 6 roadkills in one game of QA on Oman map last night. We were trapped in our spawn area (US side) but I had the DPV before we lost our final flag. So it was easy and a lot of fun running over them as they were focussing on spawn killing and not watching their backs...

Roadkills do count I had at least 3 or 4 of them and the gun unlocked.

I can also confirm that they count towards the Third Tour achievement. My one and only DPV kill so far was a roadkill. When I finally got my F-35 kill last night the achievement popped.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the stupid assignment I'm starting to get hooked on roadkilling with the DPV. On a wide open map where the enemy is too complacent to lay down AT mines, it's a hoot to drive it around full-speed and catch enemy infantry in the open.

A few misc. tips for anyone struggling with it:

*Keep moving as fast as possible. The enemy isn't going to engage you very easily if you're in constant motion.

*Be patient. It may take a little while for an opportunity to present itself, but eventually you'll find a guy standing still out in the open. Or a cluster of 2 or 3!

*Find a route you're comfortable with and keep driving it in a loop. Or better yet, find 2 or 3 loop routes & switch between them.

An added bonus is the way the opposing team will start to look for you and concentrate fire on you. Really let's your teammates get an opportunity to advance on them from my experience.

Seems like I get ignored about as often as not, but yeah it is cool when you can distract them-- there ought to be a bonus of some sort for getting a certain # of rounds fired at you while driving the thing.

Funny that all they really need to do to eliminate you as a threat is either: use AT mines, hit you with a Javelin when you're in a wide-open spot, or simply stay out of the open (or at least behind an obstacle).

What's also pretty fun is when you switch to the external view after getting a roadkill & see an enemy body being dragged from your rear axle :)