My fix for Knifing

Juggernauts

(Before you read this if you haven't played Battlefield Bad Company 2 then either disregard this or watch a video so you can see what I mean.)

Basically all I'm saying is change the knifing from the way it is in MW2, where it's just basically twitch knifing that happens about 99% of the time when you're close quarters and has better connection/detection and damage than bullets, to the same style of knifing it is in BFBC 2 - where you actually have to be near someone to kill them and actually take time to aim at your opponent and time the melee instead of just twitching and quickly hitting the B button or analog stick.

Feel free to flame all you Commando Pros but atleast this would make it more of a FPS and not a First Person Knifer.

Knifes should be faster but take 3 or 4 slashes to kill somebody.

That's an awful idea when bullets kill in 2/3 shots. The reward for being sneaky/skilled enough to get close needs to be greater than your usual ability to shoot someone.

The idea of having the knife as a separate weapon so you remove a lot of your versatility is probably a good thing. One of the most dangerous things in the world is a knife monkey that can shoot you too. It's rare, but they're a fucking nightmare. The OPs solution would remove that largely and cut down on the knifers.

Although, in BC when you pressed knife it was instant but it switched your weapon to the knife from then on but you could still "twitch".

I think since that they did away with commando the knifing will be better. Also I hope that when you hold a dual wield weapon that your knifes are either slower or non existent, I don't care who you are you can't hold two guns in your hand and then in a flash knife someone. Just my opinion, take it how you want it.

I kind of forgot about Cod4 and WaW's knifing systems since I haven't played them for well over a year so I just chose BFBC because I had played it recently.

But anyway either one of their knifing systems would be fine with me because it was a lot less difficult. I've watched some of Onlyusemeblade's gameplay on MW2, WaW and Cod4 and it's clear to see that they made it a lot easier on MW2 so using an older system would be fine with me.

That's an awful idea when bullets kill in 2/3 shots. The reward for being sneaky/skilled enough to get close needs to be greater than your usual ability to shoot someone.

The idea of having the knife as a separate weapon so you remove a lot of your versatility is probably a good thing. One of the most dangerous things in the world is a knife monkey that can shoot you too. It's rare, but they're a fucking nightmare. The OPs solution would remove that largely and cut down on the knifers.

Although, in BC when you pressed knife it was instant but it switched your weapon to the knife from then on but you could still "twitch".

It'll take longer to kill people won't it? Seeing there's no stopping power, 2/3 better?

I mean.. killing someone with one stab with a knife is unrealistic.

A few more realistic methods would be..

1. Have the knife slashes more quicker but it should take a few more slashes to kill someone. Like 3 or 4 at least.

2. Make it depend on where the knife lands on someone. If it hits their temple or somewhere relatively near the neck or face, they should be dead. but if you clip their ankle about a centimeter, it should take quite a few slashes.

but meh. I like the knife and how they did it in previous CoDs.

Fast and Simple. Dead

and my apologies for the double posting, but it happens.

There is a edit button.

I just remebered about the Commando perk and how it isnt in Black Ops.

Yeh, I forgot about that aswell that's another good thing about Black Ops.

Knifing will be a ton better, but to be honest. I loved the Commando perk. I always used it and thought it was the bomb~!

Sorry, but you deserve to die.

I find it creepy that most of the time I'm against a knifer......... they're british :S
That's because all we do is knife, if you look closely at the union jack, you can make out the commando pro symbol in the centre.

On topic though i think they should make it like counter strikes, you have to be really close, 1 type is quick and deals less damage, land the other slow and powerful, and you could choose between the too by holding it for a certain time.