Bayonet kill with retro lancer

bellers23

Probably going to come across as a complete doofus asking this here but can someone tell me how to get first time kills with the bayonet on the retro lancer?

When I hold the B button down and charge at enemies I'm just bouncing straight back off of their armor. 8 times out of 10 I can stun them enough or get them knocked down and I can then finish them off with an execution but I would like to actually finish them off first time.

You need to get enough distance, you just need to start earlier, once you figure it out, it's easy.

This.

When your character starts doing their war-cry that's when you're at the optimum for skewering your enemy. However, I've ran half the length of the map before now and just jabbed them in the arse. =)

When you charge you will see a white meter where you otherwise see the bullet counter. When it turns red that is when you have the impale speed needed to get the execution. Sometimes you will still get screwed because of some crappy angle and broken physics but...

There can be no better explanation than this.

For the record, it's almost always a better idea not to get the full bayonet animation when charging. Gets you killed more than chainsawing does.

Its great standing next to someone whom has someone else up in the air and they are thinking yes 25 extra XP then the animation stops and you nail them with your shotgun! Its great fun!