brining it home tomorrow

Hopefully whoever it is getting them before street date doesn't get fired. It's an offense that not only are publisher's able to fine the corporation responsible, but also revoke the contract they hold for that company to carry any of their products for as long as the publisher so chooses. Typically as a result of receiving this fine the company tends to fire the employee responsible (a guy I worked with was fired for breaking Street Date on Gears of War 2 a couple years ago.)

If I wanted to I could already have my copies of Skyrim and Halo Anniversary since we received our shipment in today (I'm the team leader in the Receiving department, so I see everything that comes in to our building) but there's no way I'm going to risk my only source of income over getting a stupid videogame a few days early. I'm also not selfish enough to put anybody else at risk of losing their job either.

If I wanted to I could already have my copies of Skyrim and Halo Anniversary since we received our shipment in today (I'm the team leader in the Receiving department, so I see everything that comes in to our building) but there's no way I'm going to risk my only source of income over getting a stupid videogame a few days early. I'm also not selfish enough to put anybody else at risk of losing their job either.

Please tell me you are tempted, i know i was when i worked for my local electronics store. Opening the box to see a new release a week early and not taking it home, only to hear others were already playing it:(

Stores will receive their Halo:CE shipments starting tomorrow.. If you got a hook up, give them a call and see what you can work out. I'm bringing 4 of them home tomorrow for me and friends...

I am assuming this is you.

http://boardreader.com/thread/Update_Question_Concerning_Hdd_As_Trigge_7n4pXfp2r.html

That would explain MW3 and you possibly acquiring Halo: CE Anniversary prior to release.

So when you say stores receiving stock, did you mean "the game will be in the hands of the wrong people"?

Edit.

And you claim to be working at a licensed video game store... why work in the industry you steal from?

Edit 2.

http://www.cnet.com/8705-4_1-0.html?username=ajennice

And you claim to be banned for no reason.

Eh. Keep your game offline and don't spoil anything for those who want to purchase the game on release.

Edited by iBuzz7S

There's a small game store around where I live that my friend works at which regularly breaks release dates. They have gotten fined before and apparently some games don't even get shipped to their store anymore. I could get CEA early, but I only really want it to play coop with my friend and since he's not around here anymore, I can't get him a copy so there's no sense in me getting it early.

The main thing, though, with stores breaking the street dates, as a buyer, just use some common sense and don't go telling everyone about the store and how you got the game early. Just try to keep it a secret and don't use anyone's name and nothing bad really can come of it for you. If you are the guy behind the counter selling the games without the stores knowledge, then you are really stupid and deserve to get fired. If you are the owner of the store and you're doing this, then holy shit what is wrong with you?

I've always considered working in a video game store because it would be fun to be in on all the new games coming out but people like this give the industry a bad name.

but whatever, there is someone in every industry who gives them bad names.... I work in the bar and nightclub scene, no shortage of bad names theere hahahahah

Stores will receive their Halo:CE shipments starting tomorrow.. If you got a hook up, give them a call and see what you can work out. I'm bringing 4 of them home tomorrow for me and friends...

You do what you feel right doing mate, but fair warning -- when I was notified that I would receive my press review copy today back at the end of September one of the things I was required to do was provide them with my Gamertag -- and they were up front about warning us not to play the game on any Gamertag that was not the one I sent them, because any Gamertag not registered that plays before the 15th will be banned.

You do what you feel right doing mate, but fair warning -- when I was notified that I would receive my press review copy today back at the end of September one of the things I was required to do was provide them with my Gamertag -- and they were up front about warning us not to play the game on any Gamertag that was not the one I sent them, because any Gamertag not registered that plays before the 15th will be banned.

Love consequences!!!

Yeah, this may true for game reviewers who get their copies before they ship out retail stock to stores, but there are literally no consequences for people not in the game industry who get the game early from retailers who break the street dates.

Yeah, this may true for game reviewers who get their copies before they ship out retail stock to stores, but there are literally no consequences for people not in the game industry who get the game early from retailers who break the street dates.

This is true, they can't legally ban a person for playing a game early. MW3 tried it then had to take back what Microsoft said about bannings.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301017_2168222402100_1142881114_31896724_253876671_n.jpg

So... beautiful... I love the Boxart. The darkness of the Armor and backdrop with the glossy visor. It says something because the Master Chief is the symbol of Halo and that golden visor is the symbol of Master Chief. That visor... is everything. It's beautiful.

The only thing that bugs me is the damn cardboard slip cover. I fucking hate those things. They just make it harder to put my game in and take it out of the case. I usually end up setting the slips in their own section on my shelf, but I don't want to risk this one being damaged, so I have to keep it on to insure the utmost quality of my collection is kept intact.

The only thing that bugs me is the damn cardboard slip cover. I fucking hate those things. They just make it harder to put my game in and take it out of the case. I usually end up setting the slips in their own section on my shelf, but I don't want to risk this one being damaged, so I have to keep it on to insure the utmost quality of my collection is kept intact.

Should be the other way. Leaving if off stops the wear and tare of taking it on and off.

Should be the other way. Leaving if off stops the wear and tare of taking it on and off.

I'm really careful with sliding them on and off (plus the Halo of the month typically stays in my Xbox almost consistently, so little interaction with the case is needed. But the place where I keep slip covers is kind of full and they tend to get squished or smashed (I also have a bunch I ought to throwaway since I forgot to include them when I sold the games.)

I've only ever gotten one game early, GTA IV. It was a small local store, the only one I shop at because they sold me San Andreas when I was 16 while EB refused me.

The store is in a mall that closes at 10pm and the store itself was closing at 8 that night, so a midnight release was out of the question for them. I was there for some other reason and I asked if they had enough copies of GTA IV for me to be able to get one if I just walked in the next evening without a pre-order and he said if I waited 15 minutes, it was about 7:45, I could get it tonight. He just said not to go around telling tons of people I got it early, and I was too happy to think of doing anything but drive home as fast as possible and start playing.

As for this game, it'll be 3 days before I get to play because of living on campus, the game being shipped home where my console is, and me only going home on weekends.

If I was going to get this game early I sure as hell wouldn't be bragging about it on the internet. You're just asking to get in trouble. I don't care if you do or not but I won't feel bad when you do.