This thread has been on my brain for a while and I was reminded of it by the poll thread. What are some achievements you would like to see in the MCC? Personally I don't want ANY multiplayer achievements. Don't soil that sandbox with tedious tasks like Steppin Razor that are as much luck as they are skill.

What I WOULD like to see is achievements that separate the men from the boys. I'll get us started...

Only a True Spartan - Complete all four main campaigns, on legendary, solo, with the Iron skull active.(Doesn't have to be back to back. It can check off each mission you've done.)

Marathon 117 - Complete all four main campaigns on Normal or higher in one sitting without shutting off your Xbox.

Two Birds, One Splaser - Destroy two banshees with one splaser shot during any campaign mission.

The Mystic Mythic - Complete any Halo 2 campaign mission with every skull active at once.

Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads - Complete a custom playlist of every warthog mission across all four campaigns in one sitting.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw sneak peaks during interviews at some of the Campaign Playlists…one of them was called Flooded. With that in mind, I'll start with that idea, then venture off into my Top 5 that would be insane.

Flooded - Complete the "Flooded" Campaign Playlist on Legendary (Solo) with the Iron skull activated.

The Legend of 117 - Complete all four Campaigns, from The Pillar of Autumn in Halo: CE, to Midnight in Halo 4, on Solo Legendary, with all skulls activated (minus Iron), without powering off your console.

"There's Two of Us in Here Now, Remember" - Complete all four Campaigns, in order from The Pillar of Autumn in Halo: CE to Midnight in Halo 4, on Legendary Co-Op (does not have to be in one sitting).

UNSC Myth - Achieve the maximum rank in all four game's Multiplayer Mode.

Looks Fine To Me - Complete all four Campaigns, from The Pillar of Autumn in Halo: CE, to Midnight in Halo 4, on Legendary (Solo), without ever switching the weapon you are given in the start of each mission (Bandana Skull cannot be used as it grants infinite ammo and grenades).

----

;)

There better not be more than one version of "complete all four campaigns" and none of them better be in one sitting. Custom playlists like the Warthog one where you are given a few missions at a time would be cool though.

But, since the game is confirmed for 4000 Gamerscore, I don't think there will be too many cumulative achievements. Maybe a few, but they won't be as difficult or unique as you guys are hoping. Probably just one for completing all of them on Legendary, MAYBE Legendary solo.

I think the Legend of 117 is a bit over the top lol. There are maybe a few dozen people in the world that could do that.

Nah :p Without Iron, it's not that hard LOL. You'll just need to stay up for like 48+ hours.

halo 2 all skulls on? thats suicide haha

EVERY skull on :p

There better not be more than one version of "complete all four campaigns" and none of them better be in one sitting. Custom playlists like the Warthog one where you are given a few missions at a time would be cool though.

But, since the game is confirmed for 4000 Gamerscore, I don't think there will be too many cumulative achievements. Maybe a few, but they won't be as difficult or unique as you guys are hoping. Probably just one for completing all of them on Legendary, MAYBE Legendary solo.

Yeah, I can definitely see achievements tied to the Campaign Playlists. So far, Warthogs, Tanks, Flood missions, and Arbiter missions all have their own. Would be really nice to see one tied to the Flooded Playlist.

And of course we're overreaching with these crazy ideas, but hopefully there is a marathon achievement. O'Connor said there was going to be "something special" for those players that were able to completing all 4 Campaigns from start to finish, so maybe an achievement…maybe something else.

Either way, I'm all for more Legendary Solo achievements. I love them.

I see them being the same 3k from Halo 1 3 and 4 and achievements somewhat the same for Halo 2 so I think they will just Copy the Achievements why not.

Yeah. There's two thoughts on how they'll handle achievements:

A) Use Halo: CEA, Halo 3, and Halo 4's core lists. Then make a remastered list for Halo 2.

B) Create one giant list from scratch.

Nah :p Without Iron, it's not that hard LOL. You'll just need to stay up for like 48+ hours.

EVERY skull on :p

Yeah, I can definitely see achievements tied to the Campaign Playlists. So far, Warthogs, Tanks, Flood missions, and Arbiter missions all have their own. Would be really nice to see one tied to the Flooded Playlist.

And of course we're overreaching with these crazy ideas, but hopefully there is a marathon achievement. O'Connor said there was going to be "something special" for those players that were able to completing all 4 Campaigns from start to finish, so maybe an achievement…maybe something else.

Either way, I'm all for more Legendary Solo achievements. I love them.

A) Use Halo: CEA, Halo 3, and Halo 4's core lists. Then make a remastered list for Halo 2.

If I was a betting man (which I'm not; I'm too cheap), I would bet that there is also going to be a pretty big community achievement/challenge as well. Maybe something along the lines of completing all 4 campaigns in the first week of release or something like that.

I really hope/wish MS would make the preordering and preloading of digital games a reality. I only buy digital these days and don't want to spend the first couple of hours after midnight on release day downloading the damn game.

I see it being the first one with more than one Challange tied to beating all the games or doing certain things in the games to unlock stuff for the multiplayers.

Edited by Mike0284

There's the pink mist once more - Get 10 needler kills in the Campaing of halo: combat evolved, halo 2, halo 3 and halo 4.

I mean every bungie halo had a needler kill achievement (odst, 3 and reach). They should bring those back. Just a little wink to the past.

If I was a betting man (which I'm not; I'm too cheap), I would bet that there is also going to be a pretty big community achievement/challenge as well. Maybe something along the lines of completing all 4 campaigns in the first week of release or something like that.

That would definitely be a Challenge and not an achievement because then people who buy the game late wouldn't be able to unlock the achievement :p

I see it being the first one with more than one Challange tied to beating all the games or doing certain things in the games to unlock stuff for the multiplayers.

I can see it being the first one, but I'd rather have one giant list from scratch.

Rhey have already hinted at the achievement list being all new, not just copy pasted from the previous lists.

Was this during the 20 minute IGN interview?

I saw sneak peaks during interviews at some of the Campaign Playlists…one of them was called Flooded. With that in mind, I'll start with that idea, then venture off into my Top 5 that would be insane.

Flooded - Complete the "Flooded" Campaign Playlist on Legendary (Solo) with the Iron skull activated.

The Legend of 117 - Complete all four Campaigns, from The Pillar of Autumn in Halo: CE, to Midnight in Halo 4, on Solo Legendary, with all skulls activated (minus Iron), without powering off your console.

"There's Two of Us in Here Now, Remember" - Complete all four Campaigns, in order from The Pillar of Autumn in Halo: CE to Midnight in Halo 4, on Legendary Co-Op (does not have to be in one sitting).

UNSC Myth - Achieve the maximum rank in all four game's Multiplayer Mode.

Looks Fine To Me - Complete all four Campaigns, from The Pillar of Autumn in Halo: CE, to Midnight in Halo 4, on Legendary (Solo), without ever switching the weapon you are given in the start of each mission (Bandana Skull cannot be used as it grants infinite ammo and grenades).

----

;)

I like these, though I'm pretty sure our consoles would blow up going for The Legend of 117. :p

I like these, though I'm pretty sure our consoles would blow up going for The Legend of 117. :p

LOL no doubt. With all the skulls active, each level (like all 40) could end up taking 2 hours a piece :eek:

I just really hope there's a cool marathoning of the Campaigns achievement. And I hope they have a name like "The Legend of 117" cause it sounds cool :p

LOL no doubt. With all the skulls active, each level (like all 40) could end up taking 2 hours a piece :eek:

I just really hope there's a cool marathoning of the Campaigns achievement. And I hope they have a name like "The Legend of 117" cause it sounds cool :p

Yupp ha. Though I'm certain they won't include any "in a single sitting" type achievements, also pretty sure none of the achievements will cross with other games in anyway, like with the Hitman HD Collection it'll be separate.

Just "117" is even cooler no? :p

Yupp ha. Though I'm certain they won't include any "in a single sitting" type achievements, also pretty sure none of the achievements will cross with other games in anyway, like with the Hitman HD Collection it'll be separate.

Just "117" is even cooler no? :p

True, they may not want to intertwine achievements between different games, but there's still strong hope according to what they said in an interview!

It is, but they already did that for Halo: Spartan Assault ;)

True that. If that was an achievement it better be worth 1000G in itself and come with a guarantee that if your console breaks while attempting to get this they would personally pay to get it fixed.:p:p

I'd like a whole new list from scratch. Wouldn't mind a couple of Marathon ones (@Barad: Didn't MS say the One can run for like 10 years before breaking?), as I could just leave it overnight. The imaginative ones from Halo: CEA were cool, and what Halo achievements should be.

All the things that could be done with Halo 2 and 3's campaigns... makes me feel the love for Halo again.

I would definitely appreciate it if there was not a single multiplayer achievement in the Collection. My connection is too bad for me to even have a chance at getting anything difficult (How I got Steppin' Razor and Overkill in Halo 3 is still beyond me).