Beta Code?

KOX KingOfXbox

Well I got a Beta code and entered it on the Trion website, but I'm worried I just blew it and that by entering it on their website I signed up for the PC version of the Beta. Does anyone know what you're actually supposed to do with the Beta codes if you want to play the Beta on 360?

Where did you get a beta code? Any beta code (PC or console) is supposed to be entered into the Trion website.

It's been said that once you get invited to a Beta, you will have access to all of them. So when the time comes that they finally announce the console Beta, I am guessing they will be sending out e-mails explaining how to take part.

I don't think that is true (at least not from the sound of it on livestreams). If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. :p

However, I know PC and console beta codes are separate.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Where did you get a beta code? Any beta code (PC or console) is supposed to be entered into the Trion website.

That isn't true (at least not from the sound of it on livestreams). Each PC beta has new codes and the console beta codes are separate from the PC beta codes.

But once you are accepted into the Beta, they give you the new code each time, don't they? That's what I read on the defiance forums anyways. Apologies if the information is wrong.

Well I got a Beta code and entered it on the Trion website, but I'm worried I just blew it and that by entering it on their website I signed up for the PC version of the Beta. Does anyone know what you're actually supposed to do with the Beta codes if you want to play the Beta on 360?

All codes have to go on their web site. All beta's are separate too. So, nothing is messed up by you having codes for multiple platforms.

I couldn't find the post that I read on the Defiance forums, but I know I read it before. That doesn't mean it was the correct info though. :p

From my understanding, once you enter a beta code on your Trion account, the account is recognized as a "beta tester" (or whatever you want to call it) and you will have access to each event.

I couldn't find the post that I read on the Defiance forums, but I know I read it before. That doesn't mean it was the correct info though. :p

From my understanding, once you enter a beta code on your Trion account, the account is recognized as a "beta tester" (or whatever you want to call it) and you will have access to each event.

That might be true, but I know PC and Xbox 360 betas are completely separate as they specify the codes they post on livestreams are for PC beta only.

That might be true, but I know PC and Xbox 360 betas are completely separate as they specify the codes they post on livestreams are for PC beta only.

Ah, I've never heard them say the beta codes they give out on the livestream are for PC only. I knew the alpha codes were PC only, but not the beta ones.

that would help sort out alot!

I mean i want to do the xbox beta but either way i guess it doesnt matter im still getting the UE.

The 2nd PC one, was that alpha or beta?

All the weekend long events have been betas.

Their "alpha" is actually just a constantly live dev server where they are constantly patching, debugging, fixing, etc. the game. It is what they play on the livestreams. It isn't a true alpha build of the game. It is running the most current version of the game at all times. And speaking of their alpha, I got an invite to it. Haven't had a chance to download and install, though. Gonna do that soon! :D

I got a response from Trion regarding a lack of my Gamestop Pre-Order code

Hello Travis,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance. I understand your concern and I'm happy to clarify the situation for you.

Please try and take another look at your Gamestop receipt, as your voucher should be found there. Your GameStop receipt code will need to be redeemed on their website at https://gamestop.com/redeem. Once you have submitted your code, they should provide you a proper registration key to apply to your Defiance account.

You can follow the instructions below to apply your game code to your account.

1. Navigate to http://trionworlds.com/

2. Log in with your account credentials.

3. Click "Apply code."

4. Type in the code provided in your instruction manual or through your online retailer and click the "Submit" button.

At this point, your game code will have been successfully applied to your account and will now be visible on your "Manage games" page. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds. Your reference number for this ticket is 130312-000588.

Sincerely,

GM Aleaugh

Trion Worlds Inc.

Iive checked my reciept several times as it only has my purchase on it and no where does a code appear. Ive been dealing with GS for 10+ yrs and know how to read a reciept. I guess I'll just have to call GS customer support tomorrow

From my understanding, once you enter a beta code you're good for ANY platform.

On the stream Friday (which I am watching right now), they make sure to specify they are giving out PC beta codes and that they will NOT be handing out console beta codes on the stream. Thus, it sounds like PC and console beta codes are very much separate.

On the stream Friday (which I am watching right now), they make sure to specify they are giving out PC beta codes and that they will NOT be handing out console beta codes on the stream. Thus, it sounds like PC and console beta codes are very much separate.

I asked support and this is what they said;

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

At this time each gaming platform requires its own beta invitation, if you have a beta invitation for PC you will be unable to use the key on the PS3 or the Xbox. (Same if you have a console code you wont be able to use it on your PC)

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

:(

EDIT: I was not quite satisfied with this answer. I am hoping the support rep was a little confused with my question, as they are talking about beta invites, not beta keys. As far as I understood you enter your beta key, then before the beta starts you get a beta invite via email, with further instructions. I have asked for a little more clarification and hopefully got my question across more clearly this time. Will update when I know more.

Edited by BluWolve

EDIT: I was not quite satisfied with this answer. I am hoping the support rep was a little confused with my question, as they are talking about beta invites, not beta keys. As far as I understood you enter your beta key, then before the beta starts you get a beta invite via email, with further instructions. I have asked for a little more clarification and hopefully got my question across more clearly this time. Will update when I know more.

In order for Trion to recognise which beta you want access to depends on your pre-order beta key OR how you register for the beta on the Defiance website: -

If you pre-order Defiance you will get a guaranteed invite to the final beta event ONLY if you have registered.

If you ordered Defiance through a retailer and you did NOT receive a code with redemption instructions directly from them, please head to http://www.defiance.com/beta and register your account and we will make sure you get an invite to the beta.

Our ultimate goal is to send an invite to everyone who pre-ordered the game.

Make sure you have checked Xbox 360 on your Trion Account.

Your pre-order code (if you get one off the supplier) is linked to either Xbox 360, PS3 or PC so when you enter it on your Trion account, you will be sent a beta invite to the correct one. If you haven't been sent a pre-order code, make sure your platform preference is set up correctly on your Trion account.

I haven't been sent my pre-order code from Amazon and had an email conversation with one of the Defiance Community Managers on Friday. I sent them the emails from Amazon saying they didn't have pre-order codes yet and Lance assured me I would get beta access for the Xbox. I also received an Alpha invite as an apology for the situation.

In order for Trion to recognise which beta you want access to depends on your pre-order beta key OR how you register for the beta on the Defiance website: -

Your pre-order code (if you get one off the supplier) is linked to either Xbox 360, PS3 or PC so when you enter it on your Trion account, you will be sent a beta invite to the correct one. If you haven't been sent a pre-order code, make sure your platform preference is set up correctly on your Trion account.

I haven't been sent my pre-order code from Amazon and had an email conversation with one of the Defiance Community Managers on Friday. I sent them the emails from Amazon saying they didn't have pre-order codes yet and Lance assured me I would get beta access for the Xbox. I also received an Alpha invite as an apology for the situation.

Yes that is pretty much what happened to me (except for the alpha invite you lucky bastard :p ). I didnt get one from my supplier where I pre-ordered but thanks to the support team my account has been verified to be in the next beta. That was all resolved no problems, and I applaud them for it.

The main thing I was trying to find out was if you had a PC beta code from one of the places around the web that were giving them away (or wherever else), would that grant access to the console beta as well? I had heard conflicting information so I just wanted to find out exactly what was correct.

At this time all Beta keys are platform specific. Yes if you enter a PC code for Defiance then you will only receive PC Beta access. Unfortunately, beta access is platform specific and so are the beta invites.

So it is definite, if you want access to the xbox beta, you need to have a code for that, or be one of the people that registered without pre-ordering that get chosen to participate. The only way to get one of those codes is by pre-ordering the xbox 360 version of the game.

Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something?

So it is definite, if you want access to the xbox beta, you need to have a code for that, or be one of the people that registered without pre-ordering that get chosen to participate. The only way to get one of those codes is by pre-ordering the xbox 360 version of the game.

Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something?

There are other ways to get in the beta. Raptr had a reward (or whatever its called there) that gave the first 1000 access to the xbox beta. Dunno if there are still a few left but its worth a look. Im guessing other sites will so these kind of give aways aswell.