General RAAM Discussion

WyldthingUK

Hi, I am having some difficulties killing General Raam on Hardcore setting. I think I have to use the turret to shoot him and I think I have actually seen the scene where he dies, but I got killed by Kryll at exactly the same point and got pushed back to the checkpoint. :mad:

Basically, couple of questions; do you have to shoot him with the turret to kill him? Does it matter if the Kryll are surrounding him? Does shooting him beforehand (with the torque bow) do any helpful damage?

Thanks for any help! :)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed the game yesterday on split-screen with a friend, and we thought of taking him out with the turret but didn't. We used normal weapons on him and he died eventually (took some time).

This was on casual though. Not sure if there are any other requirements to kill him on hardcore (other than he's obviously tougher).

We're going to finish the game most likely today and I'll let you know if you're still stuck later :)

Interesting that you can kill him with normal weapons possibly as I used 10 torque bow shots which are really powerful but he didn't die. I am wondering if the Kryll protect him when they circle him and that you have to shoot him when he is in the light?

All the other bosses had weak spots so I am sure Ramm must have one :confused:

I played it on casual as well, but I did kill him very quickly so maybe it might help a little with the harder difficulties. I took cover as soon as I came out of the door and shot him in the head with the longshot at every opportunity. When he got just about all the way up to my cover I lobbed all my grenades right under his feet and that was it.

We just completed the game (coop) on hardcore.

I used the torque bow and when the arrow exploded it seemed like the bats came flying towards us, leaving him open to attacks... So you don't have to use turret. Only took some minutes to defeat him.

Now for the insane difficulty ;)

Yep, actually managed to do this in the end. I think I was trying to be a bit too clever instead of just staying out of his way and hammering him with the torque bow and long shot.

For anyone who may find this useful this is what I did: Took cover behind first wall and hammered him with as many bow shots as I could get off (doesn't matter if Kryll are around him as the exploding shots make them disperse for a few seconds and then you and Dom can shoot him). As he approached I lobbed a couple of grenades at his feet, then when he was really near legged it right down the other end of the train into the patch of light at the base of the turret. If you stand a little up the ramp (still stay in light) you can just get a few headshots landed with the Longshot. As he comes round one side of the turret housing run down the end of the train again, hide behind wall you did at the beginning, then cap him with some sniper shots. You can tell when he is near end of health as he stops moving quickly and the Kryll seemed to stay around him for longer, then when you get that chance :uzi: again and he's dead. :p

Hope this helps someone.

We just completed the game (coop) on hardcore.

I used the torque bow and when the arrow exploded it seemed like the bats came flying towards us, leaving him open to attacks... So you don't have to use turret. Only took some minutes to defeat him.

Now for the insane difficulty ;)

Yep, and those COG tags I missed first time around. :)

you have to use a torque bow or grenades to blow away the kryll. Once they are gone you can lay into RAMM with whatever weapon you please. I played it on coop on both Casual, Hardcore, and halfway through insane. I had all the 'nades and torque bow while my partner had sniper. She hit him with snipe shots while I used the machine gun. We repeated the process until he was dead.

Sidenote - beating this game 2.5 times in a 24 hour period is a good clue in to a strong addiction to the game

Beat it on co-op Hardcore. One person stocks up on Torque Bow, and Lancer. The other gets Lancer and whatever else seems useful.

Once the player shoots the torque bow, the kryll will fly off, likely towards you. If you stay stuck to the short wall, they seem to break before getting to you. Meanwhile, you both can be unloading with your Lancer rifles in full auto at RAAM. Wasn't too bad once we had a method. Thanks to everybody for their input.

... and, just for giggles, reloaded the last checkpoint on insane difficulty. Same strategy as above, and we beat it on the hardest difficulty (though we died A LOT more). We did, however, run out of Torque arrows, and had to use 'nades to get the kryll off him.

Cheers, and here's to beating the game on the hardest difficulty! :woop:

yeah me and my friend defeated him last night. It wasn't that hard. All you gotta do is send your friend foreward and distract the kryll while you stay back and snipe him with the longshot (takes about 5-6 hits on hardcore). Also when you stick him when the kryll aren't on him it messes him up pretty good.

I was playing with my friend on co-op and as we went through, i noticed how the torque bow would kill tough enemies (boomer) in one hit. When we got to the train i decided to keep my lancer and get full torque ammo from theron guards. After reaching the train I used one torque shot to take down Raam's kryll then 2-3 on him. After using all my torque ammo me and my friend each unloaded one full clip of bonus damage lancer shots into him and he died. So pretty much if you have full ammo torque bow and lancer it's very easy.

Play with someone. Sit there and wait for him to come but have someone go a bit in front to those pipes. Depending on what side he comes on have the foward go the opposite side and just sprint for the turrent while the other person distracts him by shooting him. And just have the turrent guy unload, when he gets shot at take cover and the other guy unload on his back. He'll turn around and the other person can get back on the turret. It's very easy to get him this way.

i had 4 torque bow ammo, 300 lancer ammo and 2 grenades. heres what i did:

When you first start theres a thing that looks kinda like a dumpster, wait until the reevers went by, then hid behind it. the kryll jumped off him and came at me but it was 2 light for them to attack, so then i shot 2 torque bow arrows into him. As soon as that happened Dom got killed and RAAM was right in front of me so i ran and helped Dom, then hid at the opposite end of the car i started at. The kryll got off him then went to attack me, i shot the last 2 arrows and blind threw the grenades at him and shot 1 clip of the lancer and he was dead.

I did iton co-op with myself using the torque bow. I managed to have a full ammo count by saving it throughout the train levels. My co-op partner used the sniper rifle. We downed him easily on Casual, Hardcore and Insane using this method. Torque bow shots to the head one after another and him getting headshots when the kryll get pushed back.

Torque Bow, Snipe, grenades, and lancer gun are what you need to finish this prick off in insane mode. I did it in co-op, we both started at the cover at the beginning. We kept shooting him with the torque bow and snipe with the occasional grenade as he got closer. When he got right up to our cover, the person who he wasn't in front of hauled balls to the opposite side to cover, leaving the other player where he was. I don't know if the AI gets messed up but he cant decide who to shoot and the person hes in front of can just kill him with blind fire while the one at the far end just snipes/shoots him. He took approximately 1 grenade, 12 torque arrows (counting the ones used to blow the kryll off him), and 10 snipes (all body shots) to die. He will go down and even though i make it seem like a cakewalk, its still hard as hell to do it in the first few tries.

NOTE -> when the player runs to the opposite side for cover, make sure the kryll is ON RAAM as he runs, otherwise he is a great candidate to get shredded by them.