Not a patch on that

stevieboy65

Just one patch? Well I tell you what, it won't be for the game, but it will be for the console. Remove the ability to update games via online services!

Take a game developed in 2012 and take a game developed in 1999. I guarantee that the game developed in 2012 will be released with more errors than that from 1999.

Publishers have just gotten use to releasing half-arsed completed titles and relying on online services to fix their shit, which in turn usually fucks the game up even more. Sometimes even leading to console errors because of the random lockups.

From Bad Company through to Battlefield 3 I have had my single player game reset. Multiple times for BC and BC2 and just the once for BF3 (I decided not to bother with it). Nothing in this world is worse than having a single player game disappear on you and for some reason the Battlefield games on xbox seem to do it to me every time.

Just one patch? Well I tell you what, it won't be for the game, but it will be for the console. Remove the ability to update games via online services!

Take a game developed in 2012 and take a game developed in 1999. I guarantee that the game developed in 2012 will be released with more errors than that from 1999.

Publishers have just gotten use to releasing half-arsed completed titles and relying on online services to fix their shit, which in turn usually fucks the game up even more. Sometimes even leading to console errors because of the random lockups.

Think about how much bigger games are now though. I bet as a percentage of data, there aren't that many more bugs/glitches, but as there are more games and gamers now, glitches are more noticeable. And since the internet, everyone makes vids about them now, so everyone knows about them, whereas back in the day you might never find a glitch in a game and therefore think the coding was 100% perfect. One of the best games ever is unfinishable because of bugs (Jet Set Willy). That's hardly a new game.

Think about how much bigger games are now though.

But think about how big they were then and how advanced they were for that time period.

;)

I get what you're saying and that is plausible, but if we look back now, I don't think there'd be as many findings of bugs in those days compared to nowadays. Unless you consider the Super Mario 64 glitch which allows you to verse the final Bowser after only something like 20 or 30 stars (120 in total - I think it was 70 to verse the final Bowser), then that's a big fucking glitch! :p

I've always ignored the glitches in games, as its not something to get too fussed about, unless said bug totally destroys the game making it unplayable. Its just one of them issues when coding a game. There will always be something in any game that's released. Saying that, I did have the Minecraft bug that made my world unplayable after the 1.8.2 update, and had to wait until it got fixed to play it again. Now that was a royal pain in the arse. Oh well, the life of a gamer is hampered by such bugs all the time.