Compatibility question

Invincible666

My entire Rock Band series and library is PAL, but I am unable to track down a new PAL version of Green Day Rock Band. Although, through research I have seen this game is 'region free' and discussions with both Harmonix and Microsoft support have said this should work in my console. My concern, which neither could officially confirm or deny, was whether or not the NTSC exported songs from Green Day Rock Band would be compatible with my existing PAL library.

So in summary, will a copy of Green Day Rock Band Xbox 360 (NTSC) - region free - have an exportable code that will be compatible with my existing Rock Band (PAL) library for Xbox 360?

(Note - this is posted in both the Green Day Rock Band forum, and the Rock Band 3 forum - in hope an owner of either/both can give me feedback - apologies for a repeated thread).

If HMX and Microsoft think it should work, then my guess is it will probably work.

My thoughts tho, since the GD:RB has been released in the store, if you export the songs, it now will show up as "Purchased" so if they don't work together, you should, in theory, be able to download it from the store afterwards to get the version you need. I don't think the songs released as DLC are region specific.

I'd say give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. Sorry this is late but I was fortunate to acquire a pre-owned PAL copy with a valid code, so I did not need to resort to this method - but for others, I can still not verify if this is a viable option.

Though it's doubtful this is common for people as it's a relatively outdated concern.