I'm excited to get a facehugger on my face and a chestburster through my chest.

Purge

I've been excited for this game for a long time now, I've always been a fan of the game series in every step it's taken. If I had to choose a favorite it would have to be Aliens vs Predator 2: Extinction, it's just amazing. When I was ten I started my DVD collection, film after film it slowly built up and currently it's overflowing. My favorite film of all time was Fight Club and you can probably see the reason why. It was raw men fighting each other, no shirts, no shoes. Then came James Cameron's master piece and after being a fan of Terminator 2 (not Titanic) I could tell this would be my Sci-Fi wet-dream. It was.

There is nothing more heart warming than an alien xenomorph's high pitched scream. I've tried to compare it to many things but nothing has come close, the closest thing I have found is my amazing impression of it. EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAK! Yeah it sounds something along those lines. Even the sound of the M41A Pulse Rifles sound the same and from what I've been hearing - every time you shoot the Pulse Rifle it makes a completely different sound. Jizz.

That's not say the Predators are not great, just not perfect. They tend to stalk their prey from treetops and you will need to do this in game, very much like the films. You will be able to use the Predators trademark tool, the thermal imaging scanner. There are different vision modes for different races and your choice of vision will be imperative when there is more than one species trying to kill you. You will need to decide which species is the biggest threat. After watching the previous two films it will be nice to see the aliens having a chance, everybody loves a hero and for some reason the predator has turned into one. Sorry but any monster can't kill the Governor of California is not a hero in my books.

I won't go into too much information, the point of this thread was not information but just telling you a few of the things that I find great about the upcoming game. I recently pre-ordered the 'Hunter' edition which seems to be exclusive to HMV in the UK. What it comes with is the game obviously, four exclusive multiplayer maps which I assume will be released as DLC, a replica facehugger model, a Weyland-Yutani patch and a 3D lenticular post card. I'm sorry but that special edition seems amazing to the editions I've seen in the past and some that are upcoming. This cost's an extra £15 to your package and you get all that. I'm sorry but is nobody else sick of 'making-off' DVD's and artbooks?

That's my opinion of the game coming up, what's yours?

I saw the thing for the Hunter edition online, was told it costs $120 though, as much as I want an awesome metal case(I think it said it came with one) and a face hugger, I'm fairly lacking in the funds...

I can live with the normal edition though. Can't wait for this game.

Edited by Parasite Steve

I've been excited for this game for a long time now, I've always been a fan of the game series in every step it's taken. If I had to choose a favorite it would have to be Aliens vs Predator 2: Extinction, it's just amazing. When I was ten I started my DVD collection, film after film it slowly built up and currently it's overflowing. My favorite film of all time was Fight Club and you can probably see the reason why. It was raw men fighting each other, no shirts, no shoes. Then came James Cameron's master piece and after being a fan of Terminator 2 (not Titanic) I could tell this would be my Sci-Fi wet-dream. It was.

There is nothing more heart warming than an alien xenomorph's high pitched scream. I've tried to compare it to many things but nothing has come close, the closest thing I have found is my amazing impression of it. EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAK! Yeah it sounds something along those lines. Even the sound of the M41A Pulse Rifles sound the same and from what I've been hearing - every time you shoot the Pulse Rifle it makes a completely different sound. Jizz.

That's not say the Predators are not great, just not perfect. They tend to stalk their prey from treetops and you will need to do this in game, very much like the films. You will be able to use the Predators trademark tool, the thermal imaging scanner. There are different vision modes for different races and your choice of vision will be imperative when there is more than one species trying to kill you. You will need to decide which species is the biggest threat. After watching the previous two films it will be nice to see the aliens having a chance, everybody loves a hero and for some reason the predator has turned into one. Sorry but any monster can't kill the Governor of California is not a hero in my books.

I won't go into too much information, the point of this thread was not information but just telling you a few of the things that I find great about the upcoming game. I recently pre-ordered the 'Hunter' edition which seems to be exclusive to HMV in the UK. What it comes with is the game obviously, four exclusive multiplayer maps which I assume will be released as DLC, a replica facehugger model, a Weyland-Yutani patch and a 3D lenticular post card. I'm sorry but that special edition seems amazing to the editions I've seen in the past and some that are upcoming. This cost's an extra £15 to your package and you get all that. I'm sorry but is nobody else sick of 'making-off' DVD's and artbooks?

That's my opinion of the game coming up, what's yours?

I started sending this message before I read "Jizz" and I was going to say the following: "It seems like this game is giving you an orgasm." Now after seeing that, I am absolute sure it is.

Everyone, meet Purge, the world's biggest AVP superfan. :p

Seriously though, I'm really excited for this game and hope it delivers. "Aliens" is quite possibly my favourite movie of all time, though I've never been big into the Predator series. As much as I can't wait to play this game, I'll be even more excited when Colonial Marines starts making headway. Good times, my friends.

From what I've seen of the many videos on youtube, of the campaigns and multiplayer, it looks pretty flawless to me.

They've spent a hell of a lot of time developing this game. Some of the videos I've seen are from over 7 months ago and they could easily have got it out for xmas but they've obviously tested it to no end and made a lot of effort to ensure it is spot on.

The only thing that I can definately see happening is people complaining about how unbalanced the Marines are.

Edited by Mikey1610

I too am super excited by this. Loved the PC games, the films (not particularly the AvP ones but was cool seeing them fight each other) and I have several of the graphic novels and fiction works.

I just am very worried it could be the most overhyped game of all time.

Perhaps you were living under a rock last year and missed all the MW2 hype? Don't get me wrong, it is a good game and all, but it was like the Barack Obama of video games; built up like it was going to be the second coming of Christ, and turned out to be just another mediocre shooter.

Perhaps you were living under a rock last year and missed all the MW2 hype? Don't get me wrong, it is a good game and all, but it was like the Barack Obama of video games; built up like it was going to be the second coming of Christ, and turned out to be just another mediocre shooter.

I did see the hype yes but I personally ignored it. This is a game that I care more about than MW2. I am a huge fan of the franchise - Aliens (2nd film) and Predator (first film) being two of my all time fave movies. I would hate to see this ruining that. AvP and Requiem almost made me lose faith in it all.

The only thing that hurt the first AvP movie was the studio requiring it to be rated PG-13 and set on present-day Earth. The director was a huge fan of both franchises and could have made the movie ten times better if given free reign.

Requiem on the other hand, was just chock full of failure, dumbest movie ever.

They were both shit. There's hardly anybody out there that can direct a decent movie these days. Alien and Aliens were so successful because you had Ridley Scott and James Cameron directing them, two of the best. You then have these shitty directors that come along and tarnish the originals.