New guy to Dragon Age Help me!

jjamik

so I'm starting to play Dragon Age Origins but I'm new to this I've played Mass Effect a lot but I guess this is very different so any good ways to develop my character and any else help is appreciated ! :)

One thing to know is that this game is very skewed towards mages. Rogues are all right, but the warrior is perhaps the worst damage-dealing class in the game. Shield and sword is designed to be basically a tank, going all defensive while the rogues and especially the mages are the damage-dealing classes.

So, if you're building a warrior, two-handed is the way to go if you want to be able to deal even a little bit of damage.

I'm starting with Human Warrior
oh..sorry I didn't see your post until now. I'd say go balls deep into building a tank out of your character. Spec towards high defensive capability and preferably use the sword and shield tree. Also the increase argo skills are very important...

Then you be able to kite enemies or just stand around and take a punishment. While the rest of your party deals with enemies.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

i would go dual wield warrior.. just so you can do some damage. playing a tank could get boring sometimes, because of the low damage.. recruit wynne as a healer , Make allistair a tank and your good to go

• 7 months later...